If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 42PFL7404H Availability?

Options
  • 30-07-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

John/Ash

Just wondering what availability is like on the Philips 42PFL7404H? Have you got stock in and if not how long before you get 'em in?

I am fairly settled on this one after all my deliberations.

Thanks for any assistance guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

pretty sure that one has been superceeded by the 42PFL8404 which is a cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 taqies

Might be in stock.Just got one delivered from Philips shop today. cracking piece of tv I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chemicalfred

hick wrote: »

Thanks, and I'm sure the 42PFL8404 is great but I don't need net TV or the ambilight thats why I'm going for the 42PFL7404H. Apart from that I think the spec is similar.

taqies wrote: »
    Might be in stock.Just got one delivered from Philips shop today. cracking piece of tv I must say.

Thanks for that, looking forward to getting one!

Thanks, and I'm sure the 42PFL8404 is great but I don't need net TV or the ambilight thats why I'm going for the 42PFL7404H. Apart from that I think the spec is similar.

Fair play either one is lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Folks

The powers that be at Philips HQ have told me they expect to have the 42PFL7404 into themselves next week meaning I should have them late next week as well.

The 7404 is one of the new Philips TV's and sits just below the 8404 - in fact apart from the Net TV functions and Ambilight on the 8 series TV they are at the core, the same TV.

Once I have them instock I'll post up

Happy to take orders fr them now of course!!!

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ash. I'm still waiting on word from the house insurance which more than likely will be next week at this stage:rolleyes:. Hopefully I will have an order for you then

Hi Chemicalfred

Good stuff, hope to see you then.

Have a good Bank Holiday

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭White dargo

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Folks

The powers that be at Philips HQ have told me they expect to have the 42PFL7404 into themselves next week meaning I should have them late next week as well.

The 7404 is one of the new Philips TV's and sits just below the 8404 - in fact apart from the Net TV functions and Ambilight on the 8 series TV they are at the core, the same TV.

Once I have them instock I'll post up

Happy to take orders fr them now of course!!!

Cheers
    Ash

What price are you doing them for Ash? I just had a quick look at some online prices and Pixmania are doing them for €872 and Komplett for €806. (Would prefer to deal with yourselves tho)
    Also is home delivery an option on this one?

Cheers
    Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the oppotunity to help you out.
    I'm happy to offer you the 42PFL7404 for €800 (a nice saving off the regular price of€1099.99!)

As for delivery options not a problem we can deliver Monday to Saturday am or pm what ever suits for a small charge oround the greater Dublin area or courier it out to you if you live a little further a field.

Would you like me to add your name to my resereve list?

Have a good day

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hick wrote: »

Guys,

just to clarify - the 7404 and the 8404 are both just new models and are very similiar in spec (the 8 series has Ambilight and NETTV).

Hick is above all, this as he has gone all 9 Series (the rich git! :rolleyes:)

Thanks as ever guys,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

johnmc wrote: »
    Hick is above all, this as he has gone all 9 Series (the rich git! :rolleyes:)

John I resent the implication, you've tempted me with yer fancy telly's on yer huge wall in dame street!!! I'm officially poor, but rich in tv happiness!
    The 9's are def worth the extra few bob and as you well know I'm not done yet :D

Hi Paul

Thanks for the oppotunity to help you out.
    I'm happy to offer you the 42PFL7404 for €800 (a nice saving off the regular price of€1099.99!)

As for delivery options not a problem we can deliver Monday to Saturday am or pm what ever suits for a small charge oround the greater Dublin area or courier it out to you if you live a little further a field.

Would you like me to add your name to my resereve list?

Have a good day

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reply and for the offer. You can indeed add my name to your reserve list, thanks. And unless we can count Athlone as the greater Dublin area we'll be talking about a courier :D

Am also interested in a 22" tv and dvd player. The LG M227WD would fit the bill or an alternative with similar specs. (Also need a wall mount for this tv.) As for the dvd player, the Samsung DVD1080P9 or similar would do.

Thanks again
    Paul

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Am also interested in a 22" tv and dvd player. The LG M227WD would fit the bill or an alternative with similar specs. (Also need a wall mount for this tv.) As for the dvd player, the Samsung DVD1080P9 or similar would do.

Thanks again
    Paul

Paul,

how about this for a deal LG M227WD plus a Philips BDP3000 Blu-ray (profile2/divx ultra etc) Plus a wall bracket for for just £314.95 :eek: :eek:http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/philips/bdp3000/phil-bdp3000

Hope that is of some use to you and please drop me a line if you would like me to reserve anything for you?

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Cheers Paul

Your on my list.
    I'll cause these up on tuesday when the Philips folks are back in work.
    Looks like I'll be keeping our new courier people busy over the week!

Talk tomorrow
    Ash

johnmc wrote: »
    Paul,

how about this for a deal LG M227WD plus a Philips BDP3000 Blu-ray (profile2/divx ultra etc) Plus a wall bracket for for just £314.95 :eek: :eek:http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/philips/bdp3000/phil-bdp3000

Hope that is of some use to you and please drop me a line if you would like me to reserve anything for you?

ATB,

John Mc

Jeepers John I was really looking for something to stick in the bedroom and BR hadn't crossed my mind :eek:. However................. I think that's a really good offer (Mrs White dargo thought so too and that's saying something), so I'm going to put the BR player with the 7404 downstairs and put my existing DVD player in the bedroom with the LG set.

Then Mrs. WD reminded me that I hadn't spoken to you about a rack for the 7404 and she reached for the Argos catalogue :eek:. I promised her you'd do better and got her to look at the RS website. The Icon Modus S1 37"-50" caught her eye. Bearing in mind that the Visa card limit is just about reached now :o, what's the best you can do for me (and more importantly for Mrs WD.)

Cheers Paul

Your on my list.
    I'll cause these up on tuesday when the Philips folks are back in work.
    Looks like I'll be keeping our new courier people busy over the week!

Talk tomorrow
    Ash

Thanks Ash. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Paul

Hi Paul

Good news - the 42PFL7404's just landed into me this am.
    I have your name on one if you'd like it.

The courier charge to have the set delivered to Athlone would be €45

I could get this out to you this week if you'd like!

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Paul

Good news - the 42PFL7404's just landed into me this am.
    I have your name on one if you'd like it.

The courier charge to have the set delivered to Athlone would be €45

I could get this out to you this week if you'd like!

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,

Yes I've decided over the last few days to get this from you. You'll have seen above that I'm getting a few items from John as well. Is it possible to tie delivery of all the items together or am I looking at separate delivery? (plus the associated charges :().

Also I was asking John about a suitable stand for the set. He's to get back to me on that (only asked him yesterday evening to be fair :D). No point in having the telly without the stand! Alternatively, do you have a suitable stand in the Philips Shop? I gave John a suggestion in a post above if you have a chance to take a look.

Thanks
    Paul

Hi Ash,

Can you confirm your price for the 42''PFL7404H? What would the cost be for delivery to Bettystown?...and can you reserve one for me if you haven't already

Ta

Hi Chemicalfred

Yep your on my reserved list.
    This TV is €800 for Boardies at the moment,
    We can deliver to Bettystown no worries for €30

The only question remaining is......
    When would you like us to deliver one out to you?

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Chemicalfred

Yep your on my reserved list.
    This TV is €800 for Boardies at the moment,
    We can deliver to Bettystown no worries for €30

The only question remaining is......
    When would you like us to deliver one out to you?

Cheers
    Ash

Like Now!

Just kidding. I rang the shop there a few minutes ago and left my phone number. I will send you a PM too. Thunderbirds are go!

All processed now and will get it out asap.
    Just clear space for it!
    Atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Guys,

I was looking at the Philips 42PFL5604H but the 42PFL7404 looks good too.. Whats the main differences as the 5604 was going above my budget so not sure if i can actually aford it :(

Ash\John, is there a price on delivery to Galway ?

I rang the shop earlier and left my number so hoping to get it all sorted tomorrow !!

Hi Curious Geroge

Both are good TVs but the 7 series is where things get interesting with Philips TVs.
    The main difference between them is:
    100Hz refresh rate and 3ms response time (50Hz & 5ms on 5604)
    80000:1contrast ratio (50000:1 on 5604)
    Pixel Precise HD image processor (5604 has the standard PixelPlus HD)

If you can s-t-r-e-t-c-h your budget the 7series will reward you with greater image quality.

Delivery to Galway will cost approx €45 and can be arranged no problem.

Just let me know what you'd like to do.

Thanks for contacting us
    Cheers
    Ash

All processed now and will get it out asap.
    Just clear space for it!
    Atb
    Ash

Thanks Ash, looking forward to it (after all my procrastination!)

Ash

Thanks for everything. TV looks great. Picture quality is outstanding on blu-ray and SD. A big thumbs up from me!

John

Thanks for recomending this TV. Another happy customer!

As expected Great customer service from you guys.

Ash

Thanks for everything. TV looks great. Picture quality is outstanding on blu-ray and SD. A big thumbs up from me!

John

Thanks for recomending this TV. Another happy customer!

As expected Great customer service from you guys.

Congrats on your purchase chemicalfred. I just confirmed my purchase of this tv over the phone with Ash and I'm delighted to see your glowing report :cool:. Enjoy it!

WD

Hi Chemicalfred

Glad your enjoying it and hope it "body armour" will do the trick to make it kiddie proof!!

White dargo you'll soon be enjoying yours as well.

cheers guys

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

• Advertisement

Hi Curious George

Couldnt reach you on your mobile number so have sent PM with info.

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.