Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Season 2009/10

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Presuming I get an exemption from my maths module on Mondays, I finish at half @ 7:30 so will be 10-15 mins late to each game. With 2 tuesdays games I can make them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads, is it just me or have some of our times changed??

its not that bad now, we have 2 6.30 kick offs which are a disaster, but they are at the end of the season.

we have 5 7.30 kick offs, last season we had 4 at 7.15, so its not too much worse is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh we were defo down to play at 630 next week so maybe it was a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'll give it another day until I put the fixtures up here, in case it changes again.

But I have to say, the new list looks a fair bit better than the original, I was looking at retiring as I work until 7 and wouldn't have been able to make games.

But, now I can get swaps for the earlies when needed.

ffs, fixtures changed again :rolleyes:

I'll get the fixture post changed as soon as I have a bit of time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Actually they work out better for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

2 at 18.30, 2 at 19.15, 6 at 19.30, 5 at 20.30, 3 at 21.00.

Attached a fixture list for anyone that wants it.

Seems like some of the teams have changed as well.

The unknown team are now Bar Real, we played against them 2 seasons ago.

bar real are the 10th team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Seems a few teams, like Bar Real, have mostly Tuesday games with others like us having mostly Monday games, reckon they could've gotten a more balanced split if they'd wanted.

Mondays actually suits me fine; I'm starting a college course in evenings in a couple of weeks and it'll involve attending some lectures some Tuesdays but I think I'm ok for Mondays so hopefully will miss very few games if any. That said, I know Mondays were a problem for Gav in the past so hope he and others can work it out. So it's not ideal but hopefully we'll be ok for availability.

Glad only 5 games are on Columbas - the shins have come a long way but that pitch is a joke and still won't do them any favours. It's a different game on that surface cos the turf is literally 5mm long and the ball just flies around.

Will be interesting to see how the standard is but for the moment we should be focused on making us the team to beat and there's no reason that we shouldn't be. Looking forward to it now....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Bar Real were muck but don't think we can take it easy at all in this division. Let's go out Monday and really get the season off to a flyer. Can't wait.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Bar Real were muck but don't think we can take it easy at all in this division. Let's go out Monday and really get the season off to a flyer. Can't wait.

yep indeed, ill start the match thread now and see how we are fixed. des text yesterday so he should have an idea of who is there. we will prob be missing a few, but everyteam will.

Des, i assume Art and myself will be the sub keepers or have you something in mind, karl? shame to see daryll not in the squad, our most dedicated squad member ever.

Well gents I am now in for the season :)

And you haven't even missed a game :D

Advertisement