Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Season 2009/10

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Have any more paid Des?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We have now been entered for the Astro League, playing Mondays AND Tuesdays in a combination of Wesley, 3 Rock and St Columbas.

Thanks to;

Gary for doing the biz with the Credit Card.

Boards.ie/DeVore for paying the referee fees and loaning us the last bit of the required league fees until everyone is paid up.

We have a league to play in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Hi Lads,

Conor here, I was one of the new lads last night. Just like to say thanks for inviting me to the game, really enjoyed it and have decided to join up for the winter season, sure I've feck all else to do! :D

Anyway really looking forward to the season and meeting those of you I haven't yet, from what I could see last night you have a very decent squad with some excellent players and hopefully I can offer something to the team, If not I could always watch the corner flags...

Welcome aboard dude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Hey, I just came across www.astro.ie there now, wish I had heard about it sooner. Are there any teams (medium standard) that play in Dundrum on a Monday or Wednesday night?

Maybe this was the wrong place to post this but I thought I'd throw it out and see if I get any replies.

Thanks.

Just noticed on astro website that Full Irish have moved up to medium standard. Anyone know how come? They won their first game yesterday

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Just noticed on astro website that Full Irish have moved up to medium standard. Anyone know how come? They won their first game yesterday

Are you sure they have?

What league they are in?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Be interesting to keep an eye on that alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 andrew71

It wasn't so much a move up in standard as we wanted to play on the good pitch up in Colmcilles. Of course we got landed with 4 10pm kick offs in St Judes too. Gah.

Tempelogue Astros, SS Rovers, Glenwood and Roys Rovers are all in a league together. That's the winners of last 3 leagues we've played in plus SS who came second twice in a row back a few seasons ago. Curious to see who'll be in our league now.

Any idea when our fixtures will be out?

Any idea when our fixtures will be out?

I emailed Astro yesterday to find out, no answer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Tempelogue Astros, SS Rovers, Glenwood and Roys Rovers are all in a league together. That's the winners of last 3 leagues we've played in plus SS who came second twice in a row back a few seasons ago. Curious to see who'll be in our league now.

wow that would be a tough league. what night and standard it that? weve no excuses this winter, its now or never to win it!

That's the tuesday social. The one we were too late to enter.

site is being updated -

here is that league -

http://www.astro.ie/LeagueTable.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=1&CompetitionID=1386&DivisionDetailsID=7

ours should be up soon. we may have ravenhill and maybe ketamine and a few others like the coffin dodgers etc etc

That's been up there since last week I think.

Also. Ravenhill are gone, where do you think Gary came from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Des wrote: »

Also. Ravenhill are gone, where do you think Gary came from?

That may not actually be true...

there's a vicious rumour that some of the lads actually went ahead and put a team in. They'll be missing a lot of players from last year if they did, but have probably replaced us with better :D

more fixtures are up.....rocco are in division 9.nothin for boards yet.

• Advertisement

more fixtures are up.....rocco are in division 9.nothin for boards yet.

Have you got anyone else we'd know?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

The fixtures are up now. Most of our games are on mondays and a few at half 6 too. Coffin dodgers and Ravenhill are in it too

Most on Mondays? Boo :( Also, there's half 6 kick offs? That'll be troublesome.

Just counted, 15 games out of 18 on Mondays.

http://www.astro.ie/LeagueTable.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=1&CompetitionID=1386&DivisionDetailsID=10

entering the unknown really it has to be said in this one....some really weird fixtures. getting to 3rock for 6.30 ko is going to test all teams.

Plus, playing a game on grass on Saturday and then another match Monday is not ideal. But coming into winter I suppose it won't happen too often.

Nearly all of our games are at 7.30.

I don't finish work until 7.

Quit your job so, you dedicated to this team or what? ;)

no dount you wont be the only one to be late/miss games. timing is madness in all fairness. nothing we can do, we avoided a tougher league, but got worse fixtures.

• Advertisement

How do we know it's not tough? Irrelevant anyway, we just have to make sure we have 13 or 14 players out every week no matter the time and that should give us an advantage.

Advertisement