Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people getting so fat??

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Don't know if this has been posted on this thead yet but:

www.thisiswhyyourefat.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

vibe666 wrote: »
    is anyone else secretly quite chuffed that a lot of the skinny attractive looking eastern european types that have been here a while are all starting to go a bit pudgy round the middle? :D

only if you're an irish girl id guess....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

LouOB wrote: »
    1. Irish women - we were never taught to cook 'properly' hence we now go for convenience foods. Men can hardly take care of themselves - pitiful creatures altogether

Ah now come on, speak for yourself there now, I was thought to cook 'properly' thank you very much and most of my friends are great cooks also, that includes men (well the 2 chefs anyways :D). And what does 'properly' mean anyways? I can cook very healthy food, which is what I have most days, and when I'm having the odd dinner party it is not so healthy food, like a homemade lamb rogan josh with extra sour cream!! :D :eek:

I think the difference in Ireland now is that people tend to overdo it at times, high cal food is fine every now and again as a treat. But even when eating healthy it's important to exercise, it's also great when you feel angry, sad, tired, drained or bored!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

is anyone else secretly quite chuffed that a lot of the skinny attractive looking eastern european types that have been here a while are all starting to go a bit pudgy round the middle? :D

Some of them are quite pudgy in the right places too - God bless em.

Do the cut those jeans off every night and sew them back on in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been posted on this thead yet but: www.thisiswhyyourefat.com
    that's freaking awesome! :D

awww, now i'm hungry. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

only if you're an irish girl id guess....:D

Or a Nigerian guy... boom boom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

well i work in a petrol station and sometimes wonder how did this person get so fat and then they come up to me with a half kg bag of pick and mix worth 2,500 calories at least and then i go oh right.............

Or a Nigerian guy... boom boom.

very true....i worked with a nigerian guy.....loved his big asses....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

very true....i worked with a nigerian guy.....loved his big asses....

How on earth do you notice such??....any confessions to make he/:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

ha my thread moving here is very weird.I get the point that you are trying to make but jesus h christ.Anyway moving swiftly on...

When i was in Florida I saw many people who were too fat to walk and had to use a wheel chair to get around.I thought at first it may have just been someone with elephantitus but someone who knows more about it told me otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

poisonated wrote: »
    I had a very nice pizza earlier and it got me thinking...when you are ordering pizza delivery,what do you get them to put on it?
    I generally go for ur ma with extra cheese and I have a big sausage to complement it.If that isn't available...I have pepperoni and bacon:D

Urge to kill.......rising.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I make my own pizzas in Supervalu for a fiver. As many toppings as I want.

Mushrooms
    Ham
    Pepperoni
    etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭suspectpackage

good question OP. Also has anyone noticed how all the hot girls from school are FAT now? I recently signed up for facebook and had some old friends from school contact me, some of them were the quintessential "hot popular girls" from school... they are BLUBBERY now, all of them.

I think it comes down to two things; DRINK and LAZINESS.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's not just the women. Not by a long shot. I know very few blokes who haven't got "middle aged spread" by their mid 20's. I'd know more trim women actually.

Wrong foods, portion size and not moving much = Fat. It's not genetic either. Our grandparents were a lot lighter than us(mine anyway, I'm old:D). Eat like them, meat and two veg, porridge for brekky and walk to work. That'll slim most up. So you dont need to be one of those austere, self flagellating, tiresome, organic pulse eating gym bunny types either.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

procure11 wrote: »
    How on earth do you notice such??....any confessions to make he/:D

notice big asses? they are quite hard to miss lol :pac::pac::pac:.....*drools over the tenth 4 star menu that came through letterbox and stares into fridge with a half of a tomato and 1 slice of tesco ham....for health reasons....*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

totally agree with Wibbs.

i know why i'm fat. at the end of the day I take in more calories than I expend and I lack the motivation to expend more calories than I take in (yes, due to laziness).

unfortunately, until i manage to convince myself that going out for a walk is a better idea than eating junk, staying in and watching tv and playing video games, nothing is going to change.

I KNOW this, it's just too easy to keep doing nothing instead of something about it. :(

Advertisement