Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people getting so fat??

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Where I'm from back in the States it's not unusual to see people who are so fat they can't walk and have to use those electric scooters to haul their lard around.
    When I first visited Ireland 8 years ago you had to search far and wide to find a big fattie like that but now your average day trip to the Square will result in more sightings that you can jiggle a cellulite-pocked buttock at.

SO, fair people of Ireland - my question is: Why the hell are you porking up so much? Is it too much calorie-laden food? Too much drink? Too much PS/Xbox/World of Warcraft? Is it glandular? Are you just big-boned? Or are you emulating the sterling image provided by your wonderfully fit Minister for Health??:eek:

Help me understand!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Too much american influence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Yes, we're big-boned. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Too much american influence

Did 2 Bush presidencies teach you nothing?? Don't be like us!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Look at yourself. What're you doing? Sitting on your growing arse on boards. As roughly 4000 people do at peak time.
    Boards is making the Irish fat.

Wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

every country is getting fatter except maybe china japan etc

Life style and eating habits

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

You're American; this could take some time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

We're fat because we're trying to pose as Americans, so we can get out of this recession-laden country!

or because cake is nice. either or!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Fat is the new thin.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

i wish i was getting fat :(

im a tiny little lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm getting fat for two because Ottostreet can't gain weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

It's all the grey skies and rain, they make me wana close the curtains and stuff my face with comfort food:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Did 2 Bush presidencies teach you nothing??

Yes, 200 million people can still be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

davyjose wrote: »
    You're American; this could take some time...

Just use small words of no more than 1 syllable or better yet, pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Or are you emulating the sterling image provided by your wonderfully fit Minister for Health??:eek:

Don't mention the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Where I'm from back in the States it's not unusual to see people who are so fat they can't walk and have to use those electric scooters to haul their lard around.
    When I first visited Ireland 8 years ago you had to search far and wide to find a big fattie like that but now your average day trip to the Square will result in more sightings that you can jiggle a cellulite-pocked buttock at.

SO, fair people of Ireland - my question is: Why the hell are you porking up so much? Is it too much calorie-laden food? Too much drink? Too much PS/Xbox/World of Warcraft? Is it glandular? Are you just big-boned? Or are you emulating the sterling image provided by your wonderfully fit Minister for Health??:eek:

If I can hold my gut in long enough to be able to see the keyboard I'll let you know the full story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Im getting fat so I can claim disability, sponge off the country, and then ask for even MORE money cause Im so fat and lazy and cant afford to eat healthy cause Im a giant KFC eating, bed-sore ridden waste of a life who's a drain on the rest of society and blames everyone else for my pathetic existence.

You?

ottostreet wrote: »

i've a tiny little lad!
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Just use small words of no more than 1 syllable or better yet, pictures.

How bout I type slowly too?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes the american influence...

McDs, Burger King, KFC, Dominoes Pizza, 4 star Pizza, Pizza Hut, Starbucks.....thanks alot....in a generation or two.....our arse's will be as big as yours

davyjose wrote: »
    How bout I type slowly too?
    That'd make no sense, since ya know the words don't come up as you type, they come up as a full post....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

:pac:

that too :(

i drew the short straw genetically... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

there was a HUGE problem in Ireland since you were last here with people having too much money and greed and gluttony followed suit.

but, thank fcuk that after years of trying to undo all the capitalist shenanigans your lot got *us into, the government and banks fixed that for *us, now *we're poor again *we can return to our natural famine ravished pasty skinned boney old selves again. :D

* i should probably mention that i'm not actually irish. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

It's a medical condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Eating too much and getting less exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

I like that everybody in this country is getting out of shape because it means by comparison if you're in any way fit/toned you're practically a model :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Because we are a righteous breed and it is our way of taking a stand against the absurdity that is the size zero phenomenon.

Plus chocolate just tastes really really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

We have more money now than 10 or so years ago = More money to spend on junk food & more money to buy cars & gamey things & internets. And a gingload more American food joints and instant meals + microwaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Its all those drunks going to the chipper after the pub. All that food inside your belly when drunk is not good for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

This isn't good for my self esteem:( I'm going to the fridge!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

ottostreet wrote: »

im a tiny little lad!
    Follow the white rabbit, follow the white rabbit

Advertisement