Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian (etc.) bargains/special offers thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If they have the Mozzarella quarter pounders at that price I'm going to buy loads - they're amazing burgers.

Has anyone had the Dee's microwave pots? I can't remember if it was a thai or morrocan dish but it was delicious, I liked her veggie burgers but these are amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Weird - Dunnes in Blanch don't seem to be stocking linda McC stuff anymore - not vegeburgers or sausages anyway.
    love the 'sausages' for veggie toad-in-the-hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Hi dee,

it must have been Dunnes on Henry St. that I saw this offer, as Dunnes, on South Great Georges St. don't seem to stock the range and yes it was yesterday. I popped into St. Stephens Green and hour ago and the yellow sticker is up all right. Not only that but I got them scanned too - all showed as €1.25. L McC sausages, sausage rolls, lasagne and country pies.

(No sign of those famous mozzarella burgers, though...and I did look for them in Tesco Jervis too yesterday.)

I don't know what happened but better luck next time. What Dunnes had you gone to, by the way?

***edit***
    Also, Banalun organic rice cakes (unsalted) and organic corn cakes are on special at €1 each in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

Quorn Roast €3.00 Iceland in the ILLac s.c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Some great offers being advertised here. Well done!

• Advertisement

Quorn mince 500g bags now €2.50 in larger Tescos. Till 14th Feb.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hello Dee, I've had to delete that. I'm afraid you are not allowed post like that on boards without contacting the staff first, representing your company. This is one of their email addresses: hello@boards.ie

If you have any queries feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kirw2n

Hey everyone! Avocados (Origin: Israel) are on offer, 2 for 38c in Aldi right now! Very important for vegetarians/vegans to get their supply of good fats! :) go go go!

kirw2n wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Avocados (Origin: Israel)
    Thanks for clarifying country of origin info - very relevant. I'll pass.

"They changed 700 prices this morning and didn't bother to tell us" said a staff member to me when I was charged €4.50 for a Quorn roast instead of the advertised €3.00 - I got it at the advertised price.

Up to you, what you do with this information ;)

• Advertisement

Quorn Mince, Quorn Pieces - standard 300g bags down to €2 till 28th Feb.

Also a number of items on special at 3 for 2 in the chilled, prepared veg section.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Quorn Sausages and Southern Fried Strips @ 2€ each in Iceland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

darconio wrote: »
    Quorn Sausages and Southern Fried Strips @ 2€ each in Iceland

Spotted these the other day too, those strips are lovely and very similar to the dippers.

Quorn Garlic & Herb fillets €2 till 20th March (from €2.65).
    Oddly enough the Broccoli & Cheese escalopes were advertised as €2 but not yellow stickered, ie. regular price. Nice if it's a long haul thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Mozzarella quarter pounder burgers 1.50 in tesco, down from 2.49
    This was in Mahon point Cork but it's probably nationwide

Mozzarella burger wraps for dinner :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks. got some of those great burgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Mary-Ellen wrote: »
    Mozzarella quarter pounder burgers 1.50 in tesco, down from 2.49
    This was in Mahon point Cork but it's probably nationwide

Mozzarella burger wraps for dinner :D

Maybe this offer only came in on Monday as I bought 2 packs in Tesco Ballybrack on Sunday and they were the normal price, still delicious though!

Yep, I bought 3 packs (1 already gone) and am thinking of buying more :0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Think I will have to pay a visit to Tesco tomorrow! Those burgers are seriously the nicest ones I've ever had! Tried the quorn chicken burgers for a change last time and was very disappointed. Going to stock up on these!

Bought another 4 packs, total 7 :o

g9BlH.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

:o ^

Tesco had the packets of falafel mix reduced from €1.35 to €0.67 today \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

After seeing all the love directed towards those mozzarella burgers, I decided to add a few to the aul' online Tesco order. Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

yep.. might have to get some myself..

btw.. has anybody tried the tesco's own brand 'vegetarian' mince, kinda tesco's quorn? i find it much nicer than the original quorn, and it's cheaper!! :)

I remember when tesco used to have 8 nice burgers for around 2e, those were the days. Dunnes had them too i think. Tesco also had their own hotdogs which were really nice.

I like all the minces!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I remember when tesco used to have 8 nice burgers for around 2e, those were the days. Dunnes had them too i think. Tesco also had their own hotdogs which were really nice.

I like all the minces!

Do they not make them any more? I really enjoyed those! Reasonable price too.

The ones I am talking about haven't been there for years, they came in a box. They changed the recipe for the worse, changed the box of 8 to 4, or bags. Those are still there.

The ones I am talking about haven't been there for years, they came in a box. They changed the recipe for the worse, changed the box of 8 to 4, or bags. Those are still there.

Yeah I remember those, didn't really notice that they'd changed the recipe though, thought just the quantity. Haven't eaten them in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Dee's Organic Omega Burger 1 euro off in Dunnes

darconio wrote: »
    Dee's Organic Omega Burger 1 euro off in Dunnes

Am I the only one that was really unimpressed with these? Had them about a year ago and they were so flavourless. Really disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Am I the only one that was really unimpressed with these? Had them about a year ago and they were so flavourless. Really disappointed.

No, I'd have to agree with you there. Didn't like them at all. I had one ages ago when they first stocked them, so I can't quite remember what it was I didn't like, only that I refused to eat the second one in the pack and whoever I cooked it for didn't eat it either!

Advertisement