Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian (etc.) bargains/special offers thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Quorn mince and 'chicken' pieces, 300g bags both reduced to €1.75 in Dunnes till the 27th Sept.

Tesco's offer till the 25th, 3 selected Quorn products for €6 (some of the fancier range like 'meat'balls and cheese & broccoli escalopes).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Tesco's offer till the 25th, 3 selected Quorn products for €6 (some of the fancier range like 'meat'balls and cheese & broccoli escalopes).

The large 500gr bags of Quorn mince are included in this, which makes it pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

As well as the 3 for €6, tesco also have some of the other quorn range reduced.....quorn tikka masala for around a €1, quorn lasagne something similar.

Tesco have also introduced some nice Linda McCartney stuff, in Phibsboro I've seen the Linda McCartney sausages, Linda McCartney mince pies, Linda McCartney mozzeralla burgers. This stuff seems to be selling at a bargain introductory price at the moment, the pack of 4 pies are only €1.39. Just wish I had a bigger freezer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Tesco have also introduced some nice Linda McCartney stuff, in Phibsboro I've seen the Linda McCartney sausages, Linda McCartney mince pies, Linda McCartney mozzeralla burgers.

Don't get what Tesco's policy is on Linda McCartney stuff. My two nearest, Nutgrove and Dundrum, have had almost nothing from that range for ages.

• Advertisement

ollaetta wrote: »
    Don't get what Tesco's policy is on Linda McCartney stuff. My two nearest, Nutgrove and Dundrum, have had almost nothing from that range for ages.

well this is only brand new in tesco phibsboro, have never seen it there before. Havent been in any other tesco recently so dont know about them. But even the quorn range varies from tesco to tesco, which is annoying, tesco phibsboro if you are listening you need to stock the quorn dippers pronto :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

the quorn roasts are down from 6e to 1.94 in tesco...i bought 4.

A new linda mccartney range is being introduced at low prices too. cheddar burger things look great.

6 sausage rolls for 1.24 in tesco too, and they are better than real sausage rolls imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kirw2n

Which Tesco? All of them?! ... Rathmines?!! *flails* I LOVE THOSE ROASTS OH GOD YUM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

kirw2n wrote: »
    Which Tesco? All of them?! ... Rathmines?!!
    Unlikley. They have very little veggie stock and what they do have is hidden. Awful store. Dundrum might be better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

kirw2n wrote: »
    Which Tesco? All of them?! ... Rathmines?!! *flails* I LOVE THOSE ROASTS OH GOD YUM

All have the offer, in fact, all the Tescos I have got the sausage rolls and roasts from never had them in stock before. They've added the extra stuff to both tescos I've gone to as well. I picked up 3 more sausage roll packs and another roast today. :o

• Advertisement

All have the offer, in fact, all the Tescos I have got the sausage rolls and roasts from never had them in stock before. They've added the extra stuff to both tescos I've gone to as well. I picked up 3 more sausage roll packs and another roast today. :o

Mmmmm no. As predicted Rathmines has just a basic Quorn range, no roasts and absolutely no Linda McC products. It has however the stickiest floors in the country and, bar one or two lovely people, the most obnoxious staff in supermarketdom.

Haha unfortunate! I'm quite lucky the two tescos near me are upping their stock. Some like parnell ahve jsut shrunk and shrunk, now they only have one quorn product.

Haha unfortunate!
    Typical. I might take a spin out to the Merrion branch... they have everything a middle aged vegetarian could ever want. Except Hush Puppies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Mmmmm no. As predicted Rathmines has just a basic Quorn range, no roasts and absolutely no Linda McC products. It has however the stickiest floors in the country and, bar one or two lovely people, the most obnoxious staff in supermarketdom.

This has all changed from today!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!

Tesco vege mince
    Linda McCartney pies, sausages, sausage rolls, 1/4 pouner mozarella burgers.
    Quorn rasher slices, sausages, fillets, crispy fillets, dippers, chicken burgers, meatballs, mince.

The staff and floors remain the same. :pac:

It's great that everywhere seems to be bulking up on products, score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

It's great that everywhere seems to be bulking up on products, score!

It's a happy, happy day, Tar. I've just finished the 1/4 pounder mozzarella burger there from LindaMcC.. I have to say, it is the most meat like product I have ever tasted. Absolutely EPIC! If I wasn't so full, i'd eat a second.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

the quorn roasts are down from 6e to 1.94 in tesco...i bought 4.

I got 3 last week under the "3 for €6" offer (even though that worked out worse value!)

I noticed a couple of days ago that they were now €4.99 but it still said "3 for €6" again so I grabbed another 3. Got to the till and was charged €14.97 for the 3 of them. Off I went to the customer services department where they now give you double the difference if you're overcharged.

So I got back €17.94 and kept the 3 Quorn roasts :)

The downside is that they removed the roasts from the "3 for €6" offer so if your Tesco still has the offer up then I advise you to fill your trolley immediately :D

Quorn wars II

Frozen quorn products, 150g-300g, all 25% off. And they seemed to have introduced the fishless fingers and tuna-like and sweetcorn patties to regular stock, so they are at reduced prices too. They didn't seem to be included in the recent Tescos 3 for €6 offer, so stock up if you like 'em.
    Innocent smoothies, half price at €1.84
    All till the 8th November.

President Emmentaal down to €3 a pack too.

be wary of the innocent smoothies. they reduced sizes from 1 litre to 750ml and barely changed the price. It's not really a deal to even get them at half price nearly...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Iceland have a lot of the Quorn products on sale for 2 EUR each. Normal Iceland price for Quorn products. Much cheaper than Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 EmmaAstra

Wurly wrote: »
    It's a happy, happy day, Tar. I've just finished the 1/4 pounder mozzarella burger there from LindaMcC.. I have to say, it is the most meat like product I have ever tasted. Absolutely EPIC! If I wasn't so full, i'd eat a second.:o
    Those sound amazing, big fan of mozzarella but have been put off by veggie burgers in the past. thanks for the info!! :D

Wurly wrote: »

I totally missed this post YES. I must give it a whirl...y

:)

jameson litre for 25 instead of 35

am i doin it right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Do stick with veggie food related bargins in future. We don't want to end up with a heap of cheap drink offers! They are best placed in Bargin Alerts.

sweet-rasmus

Now Dunnes have 25% off chilled Quorn products till 29th Nov.

Tesco have them reduced from a fiver to €4 (well - €4.99 ->€3.99), till the 2nd Jan 2012. A couple of the Linda McCartney items too.

The nearby Iceland had the roasts as well but weren't displaying the price.

What Quorn was on display was mostly €3, which is a bit more than I'd expect to pay in Tesco, so I wouldn't be rushing to Iceland at all at the moment.

:o Anyhow, till Tuesday next, the 17th, Dunnes have the red onion burgers and pepper steaks and lasagne (all fridge rather than freezer stock) for 25% off.

And Iceland have reduced a few Quorn items like the herb & garlic/crispy fillets to €1.50. This time they have the mince and pieces for €3, with 50% extra free. The last time they had that promotion, the packs were all normal size (ie. no 50% extra free, so not really a bargain).

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Tesco have their leek and cheese sausages and bean burgers @ 2 for 3€ (usually 2.49 each)

All Linda McCartney stuff is now €1.25 in Dunnes till 7th Feb. Admittedly a limited range but a few items nonetheless.

In other news, I'm no longer living near a Superquinnn, so am not posting any of their veg*n bargains and therefore not supporting that Irish business - if anyone could keep tabs and post up, I'd appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

All Linda McCartney stuff is now €1.25 in Dunnes till 7th Feb. Admittedly a limited range but a few items nonetheless.

In other news, I'm no longer living near a Superquinnn, so am not posting any of their veg*n bargains and therefore not supporting that Irish business - if anyone could keep tabs and post up, I'd appreciate it.

Did this just start today? As I was in there shopping last night & all Linda McCartney items I bought were full price.

Advertisement