Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian (etc.) bargains/special offers thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tesco are also doing 2 quorn products for 4e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Dunnes have 2 for €3 on Alpro Fresh and yoghurts

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Dunnes
    Dee's Burgers (Omega , Spicey Bean), €1 off till 12/12/10 - €2.79

Happy New Year, Veg*ns!

Anyhow, Tesco have Quorn mince for €1.50 instead of €2.99 till 25th Jan.
    Dunnes also have a deal on refrigerated Alpro soymilk but I can't remember what it is exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭vaalea

Happy New Year, Veg*ns!

Anyhow, Tesco have Quorn mince for €1.50 instead of €2.99 till 25th Jan.
    Dunnes also have a deal on refrigerated Alpro soymilk but I can't remember what it is exactly!

They do??I didn't see a sale on my soymilk, but the alpro yoghurt is 2/€2.50... I never really was interested in soy yoghurt back in Canada.. I'm not sure if it is because alpro tastes better or there is generally less vegan food choices here. :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Got Linda McCartney Sausage Rolls for only €1.59 in Dunnes earlier! I don't usually see them in there. Much cheaper than the €3.15 I paid for them last time in The Health Store in Bray :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Alpro Fresh is 2 for €3 in Superquinn at the moment

vaalea wrote: »
    They do??I didn't see a sale on my soymilk, but the alpro yoghurt is 2/€2.50... I never really was interested in soy yoghurt back in Canada.. I'm not sure if it is because alpro tastes better or there is generally less vegan food choices here. :|

alpro yoghurt is 2/€2.50
    alpro SOYMILK is 2/€2.50 but no sign advertizing
    ... but not for long?.. at Dunnes Sandyford anyway...

fox dark chocolate chip cookies... says contains cows milk allergen but i don't see it in the actual ingredients so it doesn't count. :P ... €1/each at tesco Dundrum.

25% off quorn products at dunnes sandyford

I pop into the ILAC centre one (entrance nearest Delhi O'Delhi) - currently Linda McCartney 1kg frozen soymince is €4.50 (huge bag) but watch out - the Quorn burgers, marked down to €1.50 on the freezer, actually scan for €2, so keep an eye on the till/your receipt.
    I pointed this out a month back but they still haven't fixed it.

• Advertisement

€1 off, ie. 2.79 in Dunnes till the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

anyone tasted the 'innocent pots'. all vegan and on special offer in tesco for 1.99. there lovely and quite a few flavours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

loueuro2 wrote: »
    anyone tasted the 'innocent pots'. all vegan and on special offer in tesco for 1.99. there lovely and quite a few flavours

Do any city center Tesco stores sell these? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Namaste1

Om nom nom, I tried the Masala, sweet chili and Thai curry Innocent Veggie Pots. Thought the thai curry was a bit bland, but loved the masala one and husband had the sweet chili one and thought it was great. Very handy, especially at half price and all good ingredients etc. but not so sure I'll be buying them up when they're 3.99 each!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Namaste1

I got mine in the SuperMegaTesco in Naas, btw

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭CWone

loueuro2 wrote: »

Thanks for that - looking forward to trying them out:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Namaste1 wrote: »
    Om nom nom, I tried the Masala, sweet chili and Thai curry Innocent Veggie Pots. Thought the thai curry was a bit bland, but loved the masala one and husband had the sweet chili one and thought it was great. Very handy, especially at half price and all good ingredients etc. but not so sure I'll be buying them up when they're 3.99 each!

The thai curry one was such a let down, I had to make myself finish it, it was so tasteless and the textures were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Quorn frozen sausages for 1.50 @Iceland
    I think they had some Linda McCartney stuff as well in offer but I can't really recall as I totally despise her stuff.
    Tesco were selling 2 family bag of quorn chicken style pieces for 4€ till last sunday, worth to check if they still have it.

Till next Tuesday, the 6th, Dunnes have the Quorn frozen sausages and frozen quarter pounders for €1.75 a packet. Spotted this in Stephens Green, so it'll be the bigger Dunnes stores.

Innocent smoothies, 1L range for €3
    Glenisk yoghurt pots - 2 for €4 the Greek style, but 2 for €3 the other pots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Till next Tuesday, the 6th, Dunnes have the Quorn frozen sausages and frozen quarter pounders for €1.75 a packet. Spotted this in Stephens Green, so it'll be the bigger Dunnes stores.

Innocent smoothies, 1L range for €3
    Glenisk yoghurt pots - 2 for €4 the Greek style, but 2 for €3 the other pots.

Are those sausages worth getting? I've had lovely veggie sausages and rotten ones. Nothing's ever come close to sosmix :( At €1.75 I wouldn't mind just chancing it except for the fact that I might have to go to a few Dunnes to find them.

• Advertisement

Are those sausages worth getting? I've had lovely veggie sausages and rotten ones. Nothing's ever come close to sosmix :( At €1.75 I wouldn't mind just chancing it except for the fact that I might have to go to a few Dunnes to find them.

I really love them but since I've never tried the sosmix one I can't really tell you if they are any better.
    Consider that eggs are used as a binder so they are not pure vegetarian.
    I've tried the granose mix and I think they are decent even if they can't be really compared in terms of texture and flavour to quorn.
    If you come across the leek and cheese sausage in tesco I would say they are really worth trying :)

Banalun organic pastas and pasta sauces all a €1 in Superquinn at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

darconio wrote: »
    I really love them but since I've never tried the sosmix one I can't really tell you if they are any better.
    Consider that eggs are used as a binder so they are not pure vegetarian.
    I've tried the granose mix and I think they are decent even if they can't be really compared in terms of texture and flavour to quorn.
    If you come across the leek and cheese sausage in tesco I would say they are really worth trying :)

As long as I can't actually see or taste or smell eggs in what I'm eating I don't mind it once in a while! Spose I'll chance it so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Nothing's ever come close to sosmix
    If you're ever near an ASDA up North try their own sossy mix. It's bloody close and really nice. Their burger mix is worth trying too. They also have a decent range of other veggie products if you're there.

GranoVita pates (olive, vegetable/shiitake) 99c each on today's Sunday offer.
    Might be some left over, if you go tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

^ Popped in just now to the one behind the Ilac and picked up three different kinds.

300gr Quorn chicken style pieces for 1.75 @ Dunnes
    They also have the quorn peppered steak reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

There's an offer up here today for 2 mains and 2 drinks for €14 at Govinda's. I'm dithering over it myself as usually the small plate for €5.50 is enough for me. I haven't tried the veggie burger though so if anyone has do tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

There's an offer up here today for 2 mains and 2 drinks for €14 at Govinda's. I'm dithering over it myself as usually the small plate for €5.50 is enough for me. I haven't tried the veggie burger though so if anyone has do tell.

I saw that too but tbh I don't think it's that great a deal coz I'd normally share a large plate for 10.50 or w/e it is now and drink the water.
    It's good that you can use it at any of their locations though so might be worth it for aungier st or merrion row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Not a special offer as they don't seem to be reduced but tesco are now doing vegetarian hairbo for about 1.05 a bag I think. It's called funny mix, in an orangey bag, and there are strawberries, cola bottles and starfish.

Now they are a sort of weird texture, not really chewy, sort of hard chewy that breaks into lumps and they seem to go kind of slimy in the bag.
    I really like them though and they had mixed responses from non veggies, some love em, some hate em.

Advertisement