Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Don't have a pic because myp hne died but went to Vina Mara with my parents for graduation and had a tomato and red lentil soup, mixed bean casserole with sweet potato chips and a frozen pina colada for dessert. Was all really really good, will definitely go back. Managed to coax my parents into trying the casserole and my dad, surprisingly, really liked it and said he'd definitely eat something like that. He also nicked some chips as well. :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Los and I had rice noodles, tofu, cashews, mixed veg and a teriyaki sauce in wok to walk, amazinggg

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

^ there's one near us in tallaght, been meaning to go, have heard good things!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Brown rice sushi, some with sautéed purple and orange carrots and mushrooms, some with avocado

9CGYqzY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Mmmm, looks delicious. I'm always looking for interesting veggies to put in sushi. I'm so unimaginative.

• Advertisement

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Mmmm, looks delicious. I'm always looking for interesting veggies to put in sushi. I'm so unimaginative.

I wanted to make "kinpira" but I don't know where to get burdock yet, I only just learned what it looks like lol

Had the Veg bento box in Yamamori on Friday night. OMG, the quality in there never dips, every meal i've ever eaten there has been fantastic! highlight of the bento - tempura maki.Noooooooom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Yamamori is nice, it's gotten a bit pricey lately tho no?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It does seem dear to me always, like wagamama more when i've been there but I've barely eaten in yamamori. How much is a bento box? I'd like a list of nice vegan sushi options around dublin, I'm craving them after the above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

yamamori is pretty cheap during the day but the price difference between the lunch and dinner menu is almost double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Forgot to take pics but last night we had jalapeno and corn chowder made with coconut milk and sweet potato fries. Delicious, only the fries were a little too sweet.

Tonight is Sova Veg Butcher and I am gonna destroy a delicious kebab :D

the only problem with there is picking between those three mains!
    Some non veg*ns have asked me to go, I guess they are coming around! :D

nutritional yeast roast potatoes ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

CaxB94Jl.jpg

Pinto bean and quinoa veg tacos (vaguely using this recipe) with spinach, cheese, avocado and my two salsas of the moment - jalapeno and chipotle.
    I bought corn tortillas and then baked them for a few minutes in the oven to shape them into shells, like this.
    It was delicious.

^ All right that's it I'm making that tomorrow now, I keep making the same stuff over and over >.<

I ate a lot of tacos last week! That tip is genius, I actually much prefer them to the hard taco shells, thanks!

It was a lazy one last night, options are slim for vegan takeaway here but this was delicious....

Udon noodles, shiitake, cashew, tofu, mix veg in teriyaki sauce and avocado maki!

iCg4e9p.jpg

Garlic portobello 'kiev' and split pea salad

AUwB3AG.jpg

Feeling ready for vampires now after all that roasted garlic O_o

looks yum Los. Had Pieminster Heidi Pies on Sunday with spiralised parsnips, mini roast potatoes and balsamic carrots. ermahgerd. Sorry Pieminsters veggie not vegan, but really good if you are veggie! they have a Christmas one out called "christingle" which is parsnip, cheese and chestnut. nom http://www.pieminister.co.uk/classic-pies/

I have 2 breakfasts for you today! Just wanted a nice breakfast so beans, portobello mushroom and potato rosti (they just sell it here like that, youre probably supposed to make it into a proper rosti idk!)

1Q2IY1k.jpg

Then this evening I decided to have breakfast for tea :o

So vegan french toast, recipe here

I really like this recipe, I found Rice Dream -vanilla in the supermarket, perfect for it!

Gi9Xutm.jpg

I'm not sure why those kiwis were so yellow because they felt ripe, different type of kiwi or crappy supermarket food?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

You can get golden kiwis but they are usually more expensive. You'll notice the skin doesn't have as much hair!

• Advertisement

You can get golden kiwis but they are usually more expensive. You'll notice the skin doesn't have as much hair!

these look normal but they never darkened, they are so tasteless anyway :/

Quinoa for breakfast!

OE9GHwA.jpg

Just cook it up same as porridge in soy milk, some sugar or agave, cinnamon, vanilla, whatever you like. Nice nutritious breakfast :)

I made a random assortment of things I like and it has turned out deliciously.

Boiled some farfalle pasta, roasted cashews for 15 minutes, got some happy pear sun dried tomato pesto, some nutritional yeast, prepared a pomegranate,
    fried Shiitake mushrooms and I mixed them all together in a big bowl. It tastes amazing.

Vegan salad but none of your green leafy crap :P

These are just 4 different salads I got from M & S, they have lots of lovely vegan salads, just check the ingredients though, there is honey in a lot of the dressings, but these and others were fine, it was 2 for 4e something.

vGgMktp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

vegan mint chocolate cake in Seasons in Skerries

337397.jpg

Here's what I will have for lunch tomorrow, my expectations aren't very high :o

337565.jpg

and? was it amazing :D

I did a cookery workshop at the weekend, I was the token vegan there, slightly awkward...

Anyway I'm gona put up the recipes for the 3 courses coz the food was very tasty, this would be a good meal plan if you're cooking for a group of people because it's very simple and really doesn't take much time to prepare.

I remade the main and soup tonight, here's the main....

Crispy tofu, cauliflower mash and asparagus

6j8XsIS.jpg

The cauliflower mash is so nice as an alternative to potatoes, I ate a whole cauliflower tonight :D I've a whole pot of soup made that I have no room for..

I hope this is somewhat legible

Recipes HERE

And I just realised when I went to make the soup, the ingredients list is missing. I used...

2 large parsnips
    1 leek
    1 onion
    3 stalks celery
    1 tin coconut milk

That turned out fine but I might edit when I check it with them.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    and? was it amazing

It was surprisingly tasty actually, I'd never have that Daiya cheese before and it was quite nice. As frozen ready meals go, I was happy enough with itðŸ‘

I ovened it because microwaving is peasant behaviour

thanks for making my pic upsidedown, tinypic :rolleyes:

j5hxl3.jpg

Dee's Spicy Bean Burger w/violife cheddar slice & Nando's sauce with some roasted potatoes covered in smoked paprika, pepper and garlic

21dk569.jpg

and thanks again, tinypic, for turning this one 90 degrees

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm loving my slow cooker for weekend treats.
    Yesterday, I made a canellini bean cassoulet with quorn sausages. It turned out rather well.

Advertisement