Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A5 - Derry Dual Carraigeway

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Not recently, no. Getting the Newry bypass was fantastic.

Isolationist tendancies did prevent the original M11 being built from Belfast to the border though. Thats why we have the A1, which by all accounts is a horrible road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Pleased to hear that we have increased our funding commitments for this road. I would be hopeful that Ireland does unite at some stage and that could be decades away. However I still think the Irish government should be open in aspiring towards that. I would be a big supporter of the shared Ireland initiatives etc.

This road benefits people across the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭AyeGer

It’s a road used by Donegal people to get to Dublin. Well worth the cost imo. Too many Donegal people have died on that road too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭timmyntc

I also welcome the Government’s commitment today to progress the N2 road from Aughnacloy to Clontibret in Monaghan which is also important in ensuring good quality road access to our County and the North West.” 

From Minister McConalogue today

So govt are funding the N2 this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭sob1467

I drive Donegal-Dublin once a week, have done for years. Totally get what you are saying it makes pragmatic sense.

In saying that the A5 section of the road in Northern Ireland is so much more dangerous than anything in the Republic of Ireland (with exception of Letterkenny Lifford which is well on its way in planning). Some of the overtaking lanes on the stretch from Omagh to Aughnacloy are deadly especially in the rain.

Not only are the deaths on them stretches criminal, if you drive you see a lot of non-fatal collisions that just don't happen on this side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Consonata

while the Minister for Transport is performing hatchet jobs on the stretches in our own jurisdiction

Can you stop coming up with idiotic statements like this which are demonstrably not true. It's a plague on literally every road thread.

It's great to see finally, know far too many people who have had near misses on this road heading home. Its a deathtrap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

TII literally have a list of road projects that have been canned by the minister, so it is actually demonstrably true.

Notably not the upgrades to the A2. Many of the roads which have been scrapped (Galway Ring Road) were scrapped for good reason.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

All three projects on the N2/N14 corridor have been impeded by the Minister since he took office in June 2020. I have substantiated this claim on the individual project threads for all three projects. Should you wish for me to summarise this on this thread, I am happy to do so.

The M6 Galway Ring Road project has not been impeded by the Minister since he took office.

• Advertisement
Advertisement