Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How not to park!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭wexhurdler

[she is understood to have said afterwards that her foot slipped while reversing]

[she hit the accelerator instead of the brake]

Am I the only person who notices this common thread running through both of these "incidents":D

hmmmmm... and only males have crazy loadings on their insurance policies:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭legend365

...what do you mean i was speeding guard??

...my foot slipped sorry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

some of the parking I see everyday is unbelieveable

I must get a phone with a decent camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

wexhurdler wrote: »
    hmmmmm... and only males have crazy loadings on their insurance policies:rolleyes:

Mostly thinking out loud, but..

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this is, to some degree, a scam. I would dearly love to see a big book chock full of numbers from a car insurance provider showing how their weightings and costings work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Women are ****e drivers, everyone knows this but yet its still us males that get raped with high insurance premiums.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shires wrote: »
    Mostly thinking out loud, but..

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this is, to some degree, a scam. I would dearly love to see a big book chock full of numbers from a car insurance provider showing how their weightings and costings work out.

I've a mate who works in Quinn who claims that while women have about THREE TIMES as many claims as men do, they rarely exceed a few thousand euro - and that the five and six figure claims are legitimately nearly always <25 year old men. Although not always in the kind of car they load heavily.

I'd suspect the fact that women usually learn to drive later is a big enough factor in this though. If as many 17 year old girls as boys had cars we'd have "she drives, he dies" campaigns and insane insurance for women too. Most of my male friends had cars when 17/18/19, most of the girls are only learning to drive now they're 22/23...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

That car park badly needs guard rails, thats a safety hazard if you ever saw one :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Where is the driver in the Rathfarnham picture? Did she just head off and do the shopping anyway? ;)
    Originally Posted by ronaneire
    Read in yesterdays paper, she thought the car was in reverse but it was in 4th gear. Foot to the floor and away with ya
    If she thought the car was in reverse, you could assume the car was stationary (ish). If so, and the car was actually in 4th gear, it would not have had any acceleration and probably would have stalled.

It's possible she thought it was in reverse and it was actually in 1st gear or something... and the newspaper got it wrong... (In fact it's possible it was there as an art exhibition and the newspaper got it wrong!)

Advertisement