Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How not to park!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

seamus wrote: »
    Easy to see it happening.

I wouldn't quite say Easy. It doesn't seem to a be a run of the mill accident, albeit the likes of is becoming more frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Id say she was going to floor it backwards out of the spot, only for the gear being wrong.

Its driving without due care or dangerous driving that is the cause either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Was in a line of cars queuing to leave that very same carpark about six weeks ago when a car reverses straight out of a parking spot and into me.

Obviously none too pleased I get out to see what the fcúk is going on. Lo and behold, its Middle aged woman syndrome! You know the kind, big car, big berth, mutton dressed as mutton thats spent far to long in the sun...

Anyway, she's inspects my car for damage, finds none, (the big Volvo she was driving had bumpers the size of a desk) and turns to leave. Hoi!! What the fcúk? "I didn't see you" she says. FFS!! Not surprised, the mirrors in that car obviously for applying bucket loads of makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭CR 7

error404 wrote: »
    Rathfarnham Shopping Centre last Saturday. She hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

Berty wrote: »
    Very similar to the woman who drove down the steps in the multistorey in Charleville Co Cork. She thought it was the ramp down. They have since put up barriers.
    Saab Ed wrote: »
    In the last house I lived in the woman next door ploughed straight into her front door....after first mounting the wall dividing the houses. Same excuse IIRC that she confused the stop and go pedal. It couldnt be easier :D
    cdb wrote: »
    Was in a line of cars queuing to leave that very same carpark about six weeks ago when a car reverses straight out of a parking spot and into me.

Obviously none too pleased I get out to see what the fcúk is going on. Lo and behold, its Middle aged woman syndrome! You know the kind, big car, big berth, mutton dressed as mutton thats spent far to long in the sun...

Anyway, she's inspects my car for damage, finds none, (the big Volvo she was driving had bumpers the size of a desk) and turns to leave. Hoi!! What the fcúk? "I didn't see you" she says. FFS!! Not surprised, the mirrors in that car obviously for applying bucket loads of makeup.

Hmmmm, interesting.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

hobochris wrote: »
    Id say she was going to floor it backwards out of the spot, only for the gear being wrong.

Its driving without due care or dangerous driving that is the cause either way.

Nah ... I reckon she only put the boot down cos the car wasnt moving and she thought she needed more "power" .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Women are not allowed to drive or ride bicycles on public roads in large cities. However, some do so on rural roads illegally.[citation needed] Women are allowed to fly aircraft, though they must be chauffeured to the airport.[19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Berty wrote: »
    Its a 1.8T petrol.

See the single exhaust. TDi's have a twin pipe.
    Ehhhhh!!!! It is Rathfarnham. Doubt its a dayzal. 1.6 or 2.0 more like.

1.8T has single exhaust on both sides. It's a 1.6 alright i'd say...well known for wheel spin in 4th also...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

EPM wrote: »
    1.8T has single exhaust on both sides. It's a 1.6 alright i'd say...well known for wheel spin in 4th also...

Surely a 1.6 with those horrible rims on it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

There's a simpler explanation of the incident. The car was an automatic and she stomped on the wrong pedal. Much easier to do that with an auto - look what happened to that Dublin Bus on the quays that killed 5 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Pity she wasn't driving the Tiida.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'm sure the RSA will figure out some way of blaming some man b4stard for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

This is worthy of youparklikeanasshole.com

Confab wrote: »
    There's a simpler explanation of the incident. The car was an automatic and she stomped on the wrong pedal. Much easier to do that with an auto - look what happened to that Dublin Bus on the quays that killed 5 people.

We reckon its a 1.6 though so it couldn't be an automatic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Zonda999 wrote: »
    We reckon its a 1.6 though so it couldn't be an automatic!

Might be an auld 2 litre 8 valve with an Auto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Cionád wrote: »
    Pity she wasn't driving the Tiida.

No, no. Pity she didnt HIT the Tiida. That would have taken out two birds with one stone, particularly if the A4 was a 1.6 Auto. ;)

Might be an auld 2 litre 8 valve with an Auto.

Just checked my reliable auld Whatcar mags from about 4 years ago and yes that was a possible combination alright! An A4 with those rims, with that engine(Which is as old as the 1.6 VAG lump i believe?) mated to an automatic gearbox. Now we're talking undesirable cars lads!:D

No, no. Pity she didnt HIT the Tiida. That would have taken out two birds with one stone, particularly if the A4 was a 1.6 Auto. ;)

Yep, that'd have taken a nice chunk out of a tiida's bland featureless ass!:)
    no-image-large.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

kierank01 wrote: »
    Did anyone see Top Gear last night, Brian Johnson (Ac-Dc) used to drive a car that had the accelerator in the middle. I can't remember what car it was, but it was from the 20's or 30's, and was not an audi or peugeot.
    See my last post. Early Bentley. His is one of the Le mans racing blower bentleys. Go like the clappers apparently.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

New Ross last week :eek:

timmywex wrote: »
    New Ross last week :eek:

Whats going on there? Silver car taking the legitimate space, preventing the muppet on the path from getting into his car?

Or are they touching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Cionád wrote: »
    Whats going on there? Silver car taking the legitimate space, preventing the muppet on the path from getting into his car?

Or are they touching?

Here's the newspaper article, i dont even want to know how the fiat ended up there!!

ON-STREET car parking was brought to a new level in New Ross last week when a car dramatically mounted a footpath and managed to wedge itself tight between a parked car and a well-known business premises.

The incident occurred around 11 a.m. on Friday at John Street, when the driver of a Fiat Bravo car made a radical move while reversing between a parked Opel Zafira and the Barrow Office Supplies shop.

She is understood to have said afterwards that her foot slipped while reversing, and in manoeuvring, her car ended up jammed between the building and the Opel MPV.

A shocked woman and a small baby were in the Opel Zafira at the time of the incident.

The driver of the Fiat scraped the entire side of the 2008 Opel in her failed attempt to parallel park.

The spectacle caused quite a stir in the John Street and surrounding areas, with local business people and passers-by standing out on the streets looking at the incident unfold.

The female motorist was trapped in her car after it came to a halt and she had to be helped out through the boot of the vehicle.

Gardai subsequently attended the scene and the two damaged vehicles were later removed by a tow truck.

The female motorist was trapped in her car after it came to a halt and she had to be helped out through the boot of the vehicle.

That is freakin hilarious! :D

Should of got a few pictures of that haha

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What is this sh*te??????????????

Their feet are slipping!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

I wonder why the Zafira driver didn't just pull away and let her out? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

She drives = Car dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I work in Rathfarnham S.C, it gave me some laugh last saturday morning. It was a supposedly a 83 year old woman who was "driving" the vehicle.
    The car park in that shopping centre is a nightmare though, bad layout with a combination of women/elderly/bad drivers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Who drives a low powered hatchback, is between the ages of 17-25 and has lost every girlfriend he has ever had in a series of bizarre motoring accidents all caused by him? Sounds about right...

That ad campaign has made me think - if the big risk factor of 17-25 year old malde drivers is them killing their girlfriend, why the feck is there no massive discount on insurance for being gay? Tis insurance homophobia I tells ye :p

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

Their feet are slipping!!!!!

If they would buy proper comfortable shoes like us men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

kazul wrote: »
    I wonder why the Zafira driver didn't just pull away and let her out? :confused:

Probably feared they'd do more damage, i suspect.

I would have loved to have seen that for real. How is one's reactions so slow that by the time they've noticed their foot has "slipped", that theyve managed to wedge themselves into that position:confused::confused::rolleyes:

3a61a118-858a-4482-_377712c.jpg

Advertisement