Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert = Easiest thing ever?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

O MY GOD!!

The Leaving Cert results come out two week from yesterday!!!!!!!!

****TING MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Where did the summer go????

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

fh041205 wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you Cocoa but averaging 20 mins study per day on top of homework IS an awful lot of studying in my book.

Thats Fuck all in fairness.

and i'll have a big mac please.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Its a lot in my book. Personally i literally did no extra study in 5th year. So that means I would have to have done 40 mins a night, every night on top of homework............

And every single night I missed would add another 40 mins onto the next night. Football match here, something on there, and that adds up very very quickly. Its a lot when your talking about 20 mins EVERY night for two years.

I definately did nowhere near that amount of study, and certainly not in a regular fashion, but I still got my no1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

I did loads of studying for mouths and mouths comming up to the exams and I ending up forgetting lots of what I had studied the week before they started. I frantically tried re-studying everything, basically cram everything back into my head again. I don't know how the guys that get nearing 600 points do it. Maybe it's because they were born lucky or they study in some sort of way that they can actually retain information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

After reading this im considering going back to do the leaving,:D

No seriously ,
    Im 24 and was wondering is it possible to do it and still retain your social welfare and if so does anyone know of a good place to do it in the limerick/cork area ,

Sorry for going off topic but seemed like a good place to post this.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to your local VEC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭messygirl

heya tony, im a 24 who just repeated the irish lc honours, (trying to do primary school and it was my only pass subject, go figure! saying that i passed maths and french and didnt get the honour but still...) The college of commerce had a very good irish class, 250 for september to may, every thursday night during term time for 3 hours, im sure they would have other courses as well. Kilroys is meant to be very good for things like english and geography but in relation to irish do not go near them! way too advanced and very discouraging, and 250 as well and you dont get the personal notes etc. You could get the revision courses around easter or christmas (i went to ashfield, was very annoying that the notes were written and photocopied rather than typed, took a bit of translating! but it was 5 hours at christmas and did the whole course bar the play. the guy swore blind on the stair and said he had never been wrong but this year he was! i had learnt extra but even still missed out on 1/4 of the question. my friend went to bruce in cork for the christmas, in 1 hours blocks over a few days, the notes were typed and tey went through it more thoroughly, it was 250 but it was only half the course and the other half was to be done at easter. t he guy who did it wrote the text book and revision book so his notes were great but similar to the text books. loads of essays though! ) anyway if you want to you can do it! Fas might have some programmes as well! Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

JW91,

The leaving cert is NOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

Mr.Helpful wrote: »
    JW91,

The leaving cert is NOT

I obviously don't mean that literally. I just mean relative to all the hype that surrounds it, it is very straight forward.

I found it very easy anyway. Maybe you didn't but that's hardly my fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Mr. Helpful: Please refrain from telling people to "piss off". Attack the post, not the poster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

My apologies in that regard.

JW91,

The title to your thread could be taken literally by someone. I for one took the title literally hence why I had a violent out burst!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

Mr.Helpful wrote: »
    My apologies in that regard.

JW91,

The title to your thread could be taken literally by someone. I for one took the title literally hence why I had a violent out burst!

It's cool

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I think this thread has outlived its usefulness ... if it ever had any!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement