Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Stargate Character (SG1 & Atlantis)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

O Neill, Daniel, T'ealc, McKay
    i'd add Beckett to that list and its perfect, i thought Beckett and McKay worked well together

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not a bad idea! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Khorne_Dogg

SG1 Its a tie between Vala & O'Neill

Atlantis is McKay all the way. The guy just cracks me up. :D:D

SGU: It can only be Rush

Overall winner...... (Que drum roll)

McKay

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Watching back some of the Atlantis episodes and it honestly now feels like a spoof type show.

O'neill for me made SG1 but Jackson was the better actor. Rush is a fantastic actor and a great asset to SGU but we'll see how he develops (if!) he develops over the next few seasons to come up to the Shanks level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

SG1 - Teal'C ultra badass (indeed) then O'Neil.
    SGU - Sgt. Greer then Col. Young

I HATED Valva!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Fisher Calhoun

Some great posts here! Hard to be specific, but some of my favourites...

Beckett in Sunday. He was always a great character, but that episode (and the ending of it) solidified his place as a legend. It was a pity, though, that they brought him back in a deus ex machina. I'd rather they just hadn't killed him and kept the character as normal!

McKay was always great. Kinda annoying in his early SG1 appearances, but that was mainly cos he was annoying a leading character (Carter). He was great in Atlantis, though!

Rush is the single best thing in SGU. Carlyle just nails the character perfectly. I loved the early episode when he complains about his father being a shipyard worker in Glasgow. Brilliant.

Young is gritty, which I like, but I can't help feel that he's always trying to be SGU's answer to Edward James Olmos. He'll never pull off the Adama like Olmos. Otherwise, great character.

Like others above, Greer is another good one from SGU. Slightly psychotic, but mainly great! The actor (dunno his name) does it well.

Most under appreciated characters:
    - Syler: Always a legend! I love how he was a stuntman on the show and they just made a role for him!
    - Zalenka: I think his role was best summed up in "The Last Man" when the hologram Rodney was explaining to Sheppard about what happened and quiped: "Zalenka might have been there too"
    - Davis: How did that guy's character last all then years without a promotion? It's crazy, really, when you think about Carter's meteoric rise up the ranks by comparison (Cpt - Col) while he stayed at Major...

Absolute best character, though? It has to come down to Teal'c and O'Neill. Shanks was the best actor of SG1 (as mentioned above), but for pure hilarity and genius, the two of them win for me. Teal'c as a character really developed over the years from the hard Jaffa to a loveable scamp indeed... O'Neill, well, what can you say? One liner gold! Especially when he was interacting with Ba'al (Abyss, Zero Hour). I don't think there's been a better episode than "Window of Opportunity" to show the two of them at their best!

I dunno if I can pick between those two... So many years of genius...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

O'Neill made the franchise as far as I'm concerned.

Honorary mention goes to Daniel, T'ealc, McKay and Sheppard.

Vala was the worst character in Stargate imho and that's taking Ronan and Teela into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

I would watch a show with O'Neill, Jackson, Teal'c, McKay, Eli and Greer all stuck in a room together
    that show would rock :P

but my favourite???

has to be Jackson

Advertisement