Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Stargate Character (SG1 & Atlantis)

Options
  • 26-07-2009 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

My overall favorite would have to be O'Neill. The man is just a legend.

Teal'c is by far the most badass character in the whole show. He's fairly handy with 2 P-90's in both arms.

McKay is brilliant in Atlantis, very funny when he's complaining or slagging Sheppard

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

daniel would be my favourite, quality actor in shanks although I did much prefer the geeky wimp he was in the earlier seasons than the muscled he-man he turned into towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

T'ealc develops his character the most i think.

Shanks as an actor though is unquestionable. He does a bunch. A lot of it isnt even as Jackson. Im thinking Holiday, Legacy and Lifeboat. But he's also pretty good in Need and through season 6 while he's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Gotta be o neill for me.

the episode where he had a load of different personalities trapped in his body was fantastic, really solidified his position for me as best actor on the show.

^^ -- talking about daniel there, you wait your god damn turn asok!

good news on that: I note from Shank's imdb he will be in the 2 part pilot for Universe.

Wrote 2 episodes: Resurrection, and Evolution. And he directed the episode Double Jeopardy

• Advertisement

i kinda lost my <3 for the stargate franchise after atlantis, so i dont remember any of the episode names any more

still, it does mean in a year or two i'll be able to rewatch them all almost fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

hard to say, i think mckay, its juat gotta be him, and david hewlett is a brilliant actor, to bad we only got 5 seasons of him,

second would have to be O'Neilll with 2 Ls

special mention to weir, i dunno why, but i really liked her,

i kinda lost my <3 for the stargate franchise after atlantis, so i dont remember any of the episode names any more

still, it does mean in a year or two i'll be able to rewatch them all almost fresh
    true. Ive found some through hulu that Ive never even seen (shock) or either its been so long since I saw it, i had completely forgotten about the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Overheal wrote: »
    true. Ive found some through hulu that Ive never even seen (shock) or either its been so long since I saw it, i had completely forgotten about the episode.
    i always find it nice to avoid shows i love for a few years, then watch them all in a big marathon when im sick or bored, preferably dying sick in bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

My DH likes O'Neill for some reason. He made the show according to him.
    Vala was one of my favourite characters, I liked McKay too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

McKay all the way, he made Atlantis IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

my favourite characters include
    zelenka
    o'neill
    mc kay
    Sheppard
    maybourne
    ba'al
    bra'tac
    ronon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    ronon

Your list was excellent up to this point.

Seriously? Ronon? Some of the Wraith Guards had more charisma......and they didn't even have any lines! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Tel'c, This is your god Apophis risen from tjhe fires of Natu - The fate of your friends will be plesent compared to what i have planned for you.

:) Noone says Sholva like apophis you can just tell the actor must love playing the bad guy

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

sg1: vala

sgA: mckay and sheppard

Out of both i would have to say that McKay is the winner for me

favourite baddy: b'aal

least liked character: weir (v v irritating)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 kt217

i liked ronon and the new doctor Dr. Jennifer Keller she is a jewel in my eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 kt217

sorry for double entry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hard to separate Jack and Daniel. Daniel in earlier seasons then Jack later on.
    kt217 wrote: »
    sorry for double entry
    That's what she said!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

My favourite character from SG1 is Daniel. I just love him. He was always a geek, he never lost his passion!
    In Atlantis it has to be Sheppard and Beckett. Beckett was just so moral and always tried to do the right thing. Sheppard on the other hand could take the tough decisions and do what had to be done.
    My favourite female character is Carter. I think she is a fantastic role model. "Just because my repproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I cant handle whatever you can handle!" Classic!!! She rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Bumpity bump.

Hmm. Obviously Jack. Carter because <3, Mc Kay because his humour is great.

But the best, easily, is.......Steve.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

O'Neill (anderson) is SG no question of it. But Jackson is far and away the best actor, as mentioned lifeboat was a great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

URGO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

O'Neill followed by Teal'C, Daniel Jackson, Carter, McKay and Rush. In that order.

Rush might creep up higher though, he's seriously the best thing going for Universe imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Onederboy

You have to appreciate Jonas... he had it all...

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭missyfirefly

Sg1 Jackson - loved his geekyness in the first few seasons, and then he got muscles, a new pair of glasses and became all macho! It was great from my perspective! :D

SGA McKay & Zelenka - McKay's bumbling genius coupled with underappreciated zelenka make a good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭missyfirefly

But the best, easily, is.......Steve.
    :D

lmfao I almost forgot Steve! Indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Sgt. Sylar all the way. man was heart and soul of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 2732

mawk wrote: »
    Sgt. Sylar all the way. man was heart and soul of the show.
    spot on he was the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭pah

O Neill, without a doubt, frakking legend and funny as sh1t.
    Sarcasm, my favourite form of wit. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

O Neill, Daniel, T'ealc, McKay

Advertisement