Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dramatic Battle NI '09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Placebo wrote: »
    actually if i get my stick sorter, i wont be able to play sf3 as its on a ps2 ?

anyone have hrap 2 for ps2 i can have a lend of while playing?
    animaX wrote: »
    Yeah, chopperbyrne is bringing a HRAP for ps2

Yep. I'm bringing a stick that is going to be useless to me unless my converter arrives by tomorrow, which is unlikely as it was only shipped from Hong Kong on Tuesday.

It is a classic HRAP:
    realarcade.jpg

Playstation 1 style!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yep. I'm bringing a stick that is going to be useless to me unless my converter arrives by tomorrow

It will be useless for the SF4 tourny but not for the third strike!! Anyway you can borrow mine for SF4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

god damn, can i borrow yours?
    whats the convertor for?

ps2 to 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

So is anyone from down south travelling for the BB part of the tournament? I'd rather not have to go up on my own. But if i do Blag can u met me at the train station? And what train would i be best getting?

Placebo wrote: »
    god damn, can i borrow yours?
    whats the convertor for?

ps2 to 360?

Yes and yes.

Now get yourself a cheap train ticket pronto!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Xinkai wrote: »
    So is anyone from down south travelling for the BB part of the tournament? And what train would i be best getting?

Not to sound smart but you'd be best getting the only train that goes to Belfast :p Time-wise I'm not sure as it was HMUYA that sorted out our ticket and I just stood there looking pretty as he booked it. I CAN tell you that you'll get it from Connolly Station. You can also book your tickets from Irish Rail's website which is usually advised by my brother who works for Irish Rail.

Yes and yes.

Now get yourself a cheap train ticket pronto!

i'm getting lift in as friends going to see his GF
    i'l prob be there 2ish?

dont need to participate in casuals to get into sf3 tourney do i ?
    although be best to get some practice in, have not played at all :(

gonna need some digits

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Xinkai wrote: »
    So is anyone from down south travelling for the BB part of the tournament? I'd rather not have to go up on my own. But if i do Blag can u met me at the train station? And what train would i be best getting?

I don't think I'll be able to meet you that early.You could get a taxi from the station.Just ask the driver to take you to Queens Student Union.It wont cost more than £3-4.

There's taxis available downstairs from Value Cabs at the station.There's always black taxi drivers shouting "taxis here" etc at the front entrance but I'd avoid them if I were you as they tend to load up the taxis with others before going anywhere and charge more.

You'd obviously be best getting the 9:35 train from Connolly as you'd get there in plenty of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 VDecK

If anyone is going to be in early and needs shown to the venue I can meet them at the station and bring them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Entry Fee

The casual fee will be required of all participants who wish to participate in any of the tournaments.

• Advertisement

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Entry Fee

The casual fee will be required of all participants who wish to participate in any of the tournaments.

Why is that?

Seems a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Late (ish) appeal to anyone heading up. Will ye take photos and send them onto me (PM for address ;) ). Full credit will be given and you could kick start your event photography career :D

🤪

Why is that?

Seems a bit strange.

It is for charity though so I don't mind

animaX wrote: »
    It is for charity though so I don't mind

Oh ****, forgot about that. I'll happily pay it.

Gotta love charity guilt, haha

some one send me their digits,
    chopper, chip chop !

I think it is highly unlikely that people will not have at least one casual game while they are there. As previously stated, it is for charity and is only £1.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I don't think anyone really has an issue paying £1 for charity!

@animaX:What's the story with tomorrow,are you guys still coming?Just want to know if I should be goin to the station or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

What time are you lot leaving dublin at?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

11am train.
    PM me if you want my number; we're trying to gather up around 10.30 @Connolly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Okay so I'll be in town from 10am. Probaby get some breakfast etc. If everyone is meeting at connolly at 10:30 then I'll be there around the same time I should think!

DO NOT FORGET YOUR STICKS, EQUIPMENT, CAMERA ETC ETC ETC

See you all tomorrow! :)

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables_junction1.asp
    is this implying all the seats are gone or am I being a spanner?

also whats the price of the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

"Unspecified error" just implies you can't link things from the irish rail website!

nah it was suppose to link to the dublin belfast train where it says all standard seats sold out on the first 4 journeys.

I can't afford the other ones. **** it anyway. have a good trip,

blag wrote: »
    @animaX:What's the story with tomorrow,are you guys still coming?Just want to know if I should be goin to the station or not.

Yeah blag, we're taking the 11 train from connolly arriving at belfast central at 13.10

Should we make our way to botanic station and meet you there?

nah it was suppose to link to the dublin belfast train where it says all standard seats sold out on the first 4 journeys.

I can't afford the other ones. **** it anyway. have a good trip,

Aww man! Since you were the first RoI chap that answered the call on NE I was looking forward to saying hello. Another time :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I wanna wish all participants luck (wth the exception of players playing Zangief, Sagat, Ryu, Ken, Rufus, Chun-Li, Balrog, Akuma, Dhalsim, E Honda, Blanka C.Viper and anyone else who doesn't use either Pyscho or Soul power and who's character name is not Dan)

Photo's, videos and reports after the event if possible guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Good luck to all involved. Wish I was going but work calls.

• Advertisement

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Aww man! Since you were the first RoI chap that answered the call on NE I was looking forward to saying hello. Another time :(

Yeah I had just about scrapped together some cash money to go an all.
    That irish rail website always wrecks my head.

some other time when i'm better prepared.

Advertisement