Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dramatic Battle NI '09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what time/dates are the travels
    and stay wisE?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We're going up on Saturday morning and coming home that evening.

It's this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Do you all know how to get from the station to Queens SU?

From the station it's around a 20 minute walk.I live around 15 mins from the station and wouldn't mind meeting yous at the station if you want.Don't want you to feel like you're being baysat though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Cheers!

It is the eleven train you want to get yeah?

I haven't bought the tickets yet! Waiting to hear from kiki

@blag: yeah that could be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I think we're on D as well so thankfully we won't be too spread out over the train.

My seating area of the train will consist of:

Monkeyto
    HMUYA
    Ivan

It's great to see a bunch of us going.

• Advertisement

im 90% coming, il sleep on it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

@animax: yeah, if you could order those tickets that would be dead handy! LOL, I thought we could just go to the station & hop on :rolleyes:

There must be a problem with the irish rail website, i've tried 4 times to book seats with two different lazer cards and a credit card and each time it didn't work :mad:

I'll try again in an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've broken my toe and I'm not really up for the trip (can't even put shoes on at the moment), sorry lads, GL and HF!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Football? Or did you throw your stick at your foot in a fit of rage? :P

• Advertisement

I saw Gootecks on the street and asked him how his stick was doing after he destroyed it at Evo and he raged out, picked up a landrover parked nearby, and threw it at me! Managed to get mostly out of the way but my left little toe got caught.

That or I may have stubbed it against a wardrobe. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

So is ANYBODY going up in time for BlazBlue? If not Blag can u meet me and Critius at the train station at 12? Or put BB off for a while so i can 1.take part as this is the one game i'm actually gonna try win :P and 2.Travel with everyone else? A quick reply would be amazing. :P

I doubt they're gonna hold off on a tournament for one player man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

animaX wrote: »
    There must be a problem with the irish rail website, i've tried 4 times to book seats with two different lazer cards and a credit card and each time it didn't work :mad:

I'll try again in an hour

What browser are you using?

The website got updated recently and seems to have issues with anything that isn't Internet Explorer.

Actually, I got it sorted just now! It was a problem on their side. So I have booked 4 seats for myself, chopper, Kiki and the witch. Train departs conolly at 11 on saturday so lets meet there at half ten say. We have return tickets for the last train home at 10 past 8. See you then guys!

@Mr_Kyle: you can add another 3 to the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I will talk it over with my mate tonight. I would be up for the BB tournament though...

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Prize Update
    The cash prize allocated from the prize pot for a given game is no longer a viable prize due to the Student Unions rules on gambling. The cash prize will now become vouchers for Gamestop rounded to the nearest £5 / £10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Prize Update
    The cash prize allocated from the prize pot for a given game is no longer a viable prize due to the Student Unions rules on gambling. The cash prize will now become vouchers for Gamestop rounded to the nearest £5 / £10.

That's unfortunate. Stupid Students Union!

***IF*** the lads from down South were to win, what would be the story with their prize? Sell it to someone from the North / a quick trip to town?

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

How do they classify a competition as gambling?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thought the same thing myself Azza but then looked at definitions.

"the act of playing for stakes in the hope of winning (including the payment of a price for a chance to win a prize)"

🤪

• Advertisement

It is a bit of a kick in the B@lls :mad: The now voucher prize wont be able to be given out until after the event anyway. Game do redeemable online vouchers, so would sort one of the guys from the South out that way. Its not ideal but its the best I can do in this situation.

You're assuming we win ;)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You're assuming we win ;)

oh rly? Just posting up the prize scenario if any of you do! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Well will reps from the SU be eyeballing you to make sure you don't "gamble"? Can you not just hand over the cash on the sly or just do it in the pub or something :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    How do they classify a competition as gambling?

I would assume it gets lumped together if it is in the "games" society, used to happen to me in Maynooth.

What about money matches? :D

Or a North-South 5v5 (I'm slightly more serious about that one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 VDecK

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What about money matches? :D

Or a North-South 5v5 (I'm slightly more serious about that one)

I'd be up for getting something like that going, money prob won't happen due to reasons already stated.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I can't go anyway... Gluck with it and give em hell.

(This goes for both sides of the potential 5 v 5) :D

actually if i get my stick sorter, i wont be able to play sf3 as its on a ps2 ?

anyone have hrap 2 for ps2 i can have a lend of while playing?

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    anyone have hrap 2 for ps2 i can have a lend of while playing?

Yeah, chopperbyrne is bringing a HRAP for ps2

Advertisement