Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion: CAO offers

Options
  • 19-07-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

I'm slightly confused about this? Basically how do yo find out on the 17th that you got your 1st choice and all that?:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

I got pretty excited when I saw this thread title...

You can check your offers online on the 17th, then accept/reject them through the CAO website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

I got pretty excited when I saw this thread title...

Sorry!!:D a bit misleading alright. Is there a time like the results(12pm) or can i basically check from midnight? Also whats all the craic about looking in the paper(which paper)

Sorry for all these questions but my guideance teacher was a dunce:mad:

Sorry!!:D a bit misleading alright. Is there a time like the results(12pm) or can i basically check from midnight? Also whats all the craic about looking in the paper(which paper)

As far as I know, it's from 6 a.m. onwards on the 17th (I could be wrong on that).

Viewing your scripts takes place at a later date: typically around the end of August (26th or so).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

does the paper not just say how many points are needed for each course?
    if it does then it might let you know if you'll get your second offer... its been a few years since i was in your position so i could be wrong! good luck either way!
    oh and you can check online and you'll get it in the post as well!

Thanks a lot! Now i can sleep fine........from around 6am on the 17th

• Advertisement

~me~ wrote: »
    does the paper not just say how many points are needed for each course?
    if it does then it might let you know if you'll get your second offer...

Yes but what if the points are *450 and i got 450:confused:

if the points are 450 and you got 450 you'll get your place afaik! but the points you need could go up or down so dont worry until they're out! last years points could be alot higher than this years, you never know

if the points are 450 and you got 450 you'll get your place afaik! but the points you need could go up or down so dont worry until they're out! last years points could be alot higher than this years, you never know

God im counting on finance in ucc to drop considerably:eek:
    Now at least i can find out when im heading to UL instead

dont worry! mine dropped by 20 points (i think!) and i'd have had enough even if it didnt drop at all!

I dont believe in fate but if i dont get my 1st choice then its fate thats decided for me:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

a girl i know didnt get her first choice, was devestated on the day, cried for hours.. (this story does have a point!).. but she took her second choice and shes absolutely loving college! says its the best thing thats ever happened to her and she loves her course! so dont be disappointed if you dont get it, just remember loads of others put your second choice down as their first so it cant be that bad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Yes but the person above was referring to 450* wherby the star implies that not everybody on 450 points recieved an offer. In that case say for example there were 3 places left to be filled on the course in question and 5 people achieved 450 points then the places will be offered by random selection.

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Yes but the person above was referring to 450* wherby the star implies that not everybody on 450 points recieved an offer. In that case say for example there were 3 places left to be filled on the course in question and 5 people achieved 450 points then the places will be offered by random selection.

i was wondering about that *! as i said its been a while! thanks for clearing it up for the OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

i was wondering about that *! as i said its been a while! thanks for clearing it up for the OP!

Be sure to leave a thank you under my message!:D

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Be sure to leave a thank you under my message!:D

was going to until you asked! tut tut! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 flairy-fairy

i am a non-standard applicant (i.e did my leaving two years ago) but i still didnt receive an offer 2day (round zero)...what are my chances of receiving an offer at all does anybody know?

i am a non-standard applicant (i.e did my leaving two years ago) but i still didnt receive an offer 2day (round zero)...what are my chances of receiving an offer at all does anybody know?

As far as I know, you'll receive your offer in Round 1. You're still competing against the regular applicants for places, so you'll get your offer at the same time as they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 flairy-fairy

what a relief! thanks v much for ur v.quick reply!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I thought round zero was the first of August?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

You really need to change the title of this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

creggy wrote: »
    You really need to change the title of this thread!
    You may have a point ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

This is going to be a very stupid question,so I apologise in advance.
    Say you get offered your third choice in the first round,and you accept it. You realise that you'd prefer your third choice over your second,and you get offered a place in your second choice in round 2 or whatever. Do you have to accept the place in your second choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Say you get offered your third choice in the first round,and you accept it. You realise that you'd prefer your third choice over your second,and you get offered a place in your second choice in round 2 or whatever. Do you have to accept the place in your second choice?
    As far as I'm aware you'll be given the choice to stay or go, it's completely up to you whether you take or leave the higher choice once you accept a course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Brilliant,thank you (:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, Craguis is right. If you have accepted your third choice in Round 1, and you get offered a higher choice in a subsequent round, it's entirely up to you whether to accept the new offer or stick with the original offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I did my LC two years ago and am waiting on results to come out however I was offered a place in DBS (Dublin Business School).

Anyone else get an offer too? I got this letter on Thursday I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

you prob got a round zero offer - i did my lc last year and applied to the cao this year and havent had an offer yet so fingers crossed for the 17th!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

dragonfly! wrote: »
    you prob got a round zero offer - i did my lc last year and applied to the cao this year and havent had an offer yet so fingers crossed for the 17th!

Yeah that's what it was. I rang DBS and they said the same thing. In fact everyone I know who had DBS on their CAO had an offer from them and they were worried that they didn't get their actual offers... not that I disregard DBS or anything.

Best of luck mate with the offers. Hopefully there'll be a few of these floating about come offers day. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Even though I knew I wasn't getting a round zero offer (my application is solely based on LC results a couple of years back), I still checked. :D I'm such a loser.. but 2 weeks more to wait is driving me nuts, even though I'm almost certain of getting my course. It's the almost that's killing me..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

hey guys just wondering how do they contact you about offers on the 17th

do they ring you / post out something /e-mail you .. I know that you can check and accept current offers at CAO.ie but surely they have a more immediate or direct method of communication?:o

Advertisement