Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Paranormal Convention 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

No
    This time tomorrow doors will be open!

We'll have psychics and mediums doing readings tomorrow including Tom Colton, Steffan DeGillan, Louise Kings, The Sandman and more. All readers are members of the Spiritualists Union of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

I see it now hmmm mm..... my future holds fortune..... hmmmm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

No
    6th wrote: »
    This time tomorrow doors will be open!

We'll have psychics and mediums doing readings tomorrow including Tom Colton, Steffan DeGillan, Louise Kings, The Sandman and more. All readers are members of the Spiritualists Union of Ireland.

and Nola Dee
    :)

sorry wee plug for my friend there :D

No
    Woohoo .... its here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

No
    Sitting at the front desk.... guys setting up their stands and people already coming in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

What on earth was Sweeps on about??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

My sister was at this today. I couldnt go coz I had work today. :mad: Maybe next year. Well,she was impressed with the talks - the ones by yer man Ciaran O' Keeffe from Most Haunted and some fella goin on about Near Death Experiences (when I get the name off her again, I'll write it here).She didn't see that Sandman fella (I'd like to have met him myself) around anywhere and she didn't bother with any readings from the ones that were there because she thought it was too pricey at €50. Mentioned a guy called Colm from PIGs who she said was very nice. Aahhh God bless :p

So fair play to ye lads :D One happy customer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

A brilliant night was had by myself and my mum. Well done lads, on putting a great event. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

wasn't at it myself as unfortunately had a previous commitment but some of my mates went and were well impressed. And they're not the easily impressable type :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Evening all,

So I went along to this today & have to congratulate the guys on a first class event. I could only manage to stay for 1 of the talks (by Tom Colton), this was really good. Great to see so many investigation groups with stands at the event & great to catch up with so many boardsies that I haven't seen in a long time...

Still devestated that Monkeyfudge didn't remember me, obviously I made no impression there:rolleyes:

Jules at the front desk played a blinder (hey jules) :)

Hope all went well for the rest of the day,very well done guys (insert pat on the back here)

Ladybird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

No
    Thanks very much guys I had such a blast.. Cheers for the hard work it paid off well..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

No
    Well done to all the PIGs and voulenteers, today was amazing, had a great time talking too people at the stand and talking to other investigation groups. Also had a great time at Wicklow some interesting things gong on there, hope to get back soon for a more indepth investigation, class day/night in all.

Once again, thanks to all involved, I look forward to next year! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

No
    thanks for a great day lads, investigation was off the chain..

biggest thanks for the ham sambos.. see ya next year!!

No
    Thanks to all that came. It turned out to be a great success , thanks to the other pigs for all their hard work.

Hope everybody enjoyed it .

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Thanks to the PIGs for a great day/night! So many interesting talks, great buzz around the place and really enjoyed Wicklow Gaol...

Looking forward to next year already! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

No
    I had a migraine and missed the whole thing - bloody typical!
    Will have to wait till next year :(

Fair play though lads, sounds like it was a brilliant day.

No
    I'm gonna have to say thanks to so many people ... but I'm EXHAUSTED! I'm blown away by the support and how well everyone represented themselves and the irish paranormal community. Like I said, so many people to thank and I will after I get some sleep. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redhead85

We attended this convention and thought the majority of it was brilliant. I was talking to P.I.G groul up there and thought that they were really nice. Out of all the groups I have met I thought they were really down to earth and have a lot of knowledge about the paranormal.
    I met a man I am fond of and have great respect for, Barry Fitzgearld. He is one of the most nicest and quiet man I have ever met. He is friendly and really does give good advice and help to anyone that approches him. I am reading his book at the moment and think that all people interested in the paranormal should read it. He is very passionate about what he does and that is what I admire about him.
    Ciaran O Keefee gave a talk about what not to do on a ghost hunt. To be honest he is a nice anf funny guy but what I dont like is the way the majority of the speech was a piss take out of Derek Achora. Now I know that they dont like eachother but you dont mock people that are in the same field as you. I really did not like that I thought he would be more grown up about it. I have some video clips of him dong it which I will post.
    The stands were interesting. P.I.G. had a stand and Leincester Paranormal had a stand to. I really enjoyed meeting them all and swapping stories and getting advice to.
    I will return there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

No
    Had a great time. It was great to get the community together. Thanks to everyone for coming to both the convention and to wicklow gaol. PICS ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

No
    Didnt realise there were boardsies in Wicklow, well except for the obvious. Had a great day, and my god did the sambos go down a treat! Thanks to the guys for having me along in Wicklow, it was an experience to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

No
    Well done to PIG'S for an excellently orgainised event. It was brill. The speakers were fantastic and I have to say a huge thank you to Steve Parsons and Barry Fitgerald these guys are in a league of their own, so thanks for answering the questions I had and explaining the science stuff to me in lemon terms lol.... very down to earth and I really got a lot out of their talks. So much fun was had. Even the hubby which is the non paranormal one loved it. It was lovely to met the better half's of the PIG'S (their wives lol) who put so much in behind the scence and deserve a huge well done also.

Jules wrote: »
    Didnt realise there were boardsies in Wicklow, well except for the obvious. Had a great day, and my god did the sambos go down a treat! Thanks to the guys for having me along in Wicklow, it was an experience to say the least.

What went down in Wicklow Gaol? Anything weird?

and some fella goin on about Near Death Experiences (when I get the name off her again, I'll write it here).

Right his name was Colm Keane - he's married to that newsreader off RTE, Una O' Hagan.

She emailed me on a few photos she took at the Convention,so I'll throw 'em up on here now. Im so jealous :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

No
    Right his name was Colm Keane - he's married to that newsreader off RTE, Una O' Hagan.

She emailed me on a few photos she took at the Convention,so I'll throw 'em up on here now. Im so jealous :mad: :(

I can see a face in that Orb photo. I think its Dannyxxx's :P

hold on,theres feck all 'orbs' in that photo :mad:

There are another couple she sent. Hold on there

No
    The legendary Steve Parsons and Dr. Ciarán O'Keeffe ParaPsychologist Extrodinaire giving the first part of their talk. I take the point about them slagging Derek but they gave equal time slagging themselves and each other. They know the entertainment side of what the do is just that.
    07112009350.jpg

The PIGs with Barry Fitzgerald, Steve Parsons and Ciarán O'Keeffe ... shower of messers!
    IMG_7486.jpg

The PIGs, special guests and the DublinParaCon'09 Wicklow Investigation Crew.
    IMG_7484.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mrs. 6th

I had a great day doing the zener card experiment on the PIGs stand. It was a really fun and interesting day and I met a lot of lovely people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

Thanks very much lads, as everyone has said it was a great day alright. I was glad to be able to catch up with Barry and bounce some ideas off him. Ciaran was brilliant taking pics with everyone and making the rounds. This year Dublin.....next year the WORLD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

No
    interesting stuff lads well done .we had a few good discussions with some of the teams that were there .look forward to next year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thank you to everyone that showed up, I can kill this sig now!!!!!!!!!. I'd like to say thanks to Sweeps, Barry, Ciaran, Steve, Tony,Colum, Richard and the blather guys for their effort during the day and the talks. And all the teams who who helped make the day a sucess.

Advertisement