Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Paranormal Convention 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

No
    More info on the speakers:
    Dr. CAIRAN O'KEEFFE
    Ciarán O'Keeffe is a British parapsychologist who holds a Research position at Université de Toulouse, Le Mirail. Previously employed at Liverpool Hope University, lecturing in Psychology with a parapsychology component, Dr. O'Keeffe is a member of the Society for Psychical Research and a consultant of the Ghost Club. He completed his PhD at University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield under the supervision of Professor. Richard Wiseman.

He is best known for his appearances on Living TV's paranormal television series Most Haunted and Jane Goldman Investigates where he performs the role of parapsychologist and paranormal investigator. He also featured in National Geographic Channel's 2005 series Paranormal?. He is an open-minded skeptic on most paranormal phenomena.

STEVE PARSONS
    Steve Parsons is considered by leading Parapsychologists & peers as perhaps the UK's foremost Psychical Researcher and Investigator. With his background in Physical Science & Medicine he has been uniquely placed to pioneer and develop new methods in modern ghost hunting techniques. Co founder of Para.Science, Steve has contributed to many TV & Radio shows including a number of documentaries for the Discovery Channel & National Geographic. He was also for a time the paranormal investigator on Most Haunted.

RICHARD JONES
    Richard Jones is the author of the best selling books Walking Haunted London; Haunted Britain and Ireland; Myths and Legends of Britain and Ireland; Haunted Castles of Britain and Ireland; Walking Dickensian London; Haunted Inns of Britain and Ireland; Haunted London; Haunted Houses of Britain and Ireland; Mystical Britain and Ireland; Uncovering Jack the Ripper's London; and Jack the Ripper:- The Casebook. He appeared regularly as one of the historians on Living TV's hugely successful Most Haunted Live for which he investigated locations and subjects as diverse as Dick Turpin, William Shakespeare and Stratford, and Matthew Hopkins the so-called Witch-finder General and on the Discovery Channel's Conquerors talking about the Norman Conquest.

Other television credits include Ghost Towns for Living TV; Vic Reeves Investigates Jack the Ripper for Sky One; and Giants:- Friend or Foe for the Discovery Channel.

BARRY FITZGERALD
    A veteran ghost-hunter with 17 years of experience in paranormal investigating, is memorable to Ghost Hunters fans for his work on TAPS' investigations in Europe, during the show's third season. Now, as a member of the new GHI team, Barry supplies his expertise in both ghost-hunting as well as his knowledge of the historical locations of each new investigation.

Haunted by supernatural events he experienced as a child growing up in Ireland, Barry developed an interest in paranormal research and went on to work for two different paranormal groups based in Northern Ireland. He now dedicates much of his time to the development of new investigative techniques and research methods.

SWEEPS FOX
    Sweeps has 21 appearances on ‘Coast To Coast’ TV in the US and is a frequent guest on Radio Shows. Veteran of 2 Foreign Wars, In ‘Military Intelligence’, Founder/Coordinator of ‘The Royal Saudi Arabian Army Combat Medics’ and also taught ‘Arabic Speaking’ to U.S./British soldiers ‘Desert Storm’.
    Author of 2 books/non-fiction, numerous Technical Journals. Registered Professional Nurse/Psych Supervisor-ICU-Infection Control/Head Nurse-Neurological Units, Teacher/History/Physics/Literature. Sweeps has written articles for ‘Flying Saucer Review’ Magazine, Paranormal Researcher/Documented experiences, Speaker/Seminar Presenter at Universities-Clubs on UFO’s/ET’s/The Paranormal, Founded ‘Irish Ufology Forum Outlook & Paranormal Studies’/Web site: irishufology.net. Sweeps also does ‘The Sweeps Fox Shows’/Syndicated & on the Internet with interviews of most of the well known personalities in Ufology.

DAMIAN DEBARRA OF BLATHER.NET
    'Blather, Rinse, Repeat: An Ethnography of Conspiracy Theory'.
    Blather.net has been talking ****e since 1997. UFOs, ghosts, conspiracy theories, Alien Big Cats, Lake Monster hunters, talking cows, rabid interns, drug-crazed lawyers and gangs of feral teenagers: we've faced them all down.

Now, after 12 long years rummaging through the bowels of the internet, Damien DeBarra takes us on an anthropological journey through cyberspace: looking at how our understanding of the paranormal has been shaped by the evolution of the web, and how, in a final hilarious twist, the web itself might be shifting in reaction to the paranormal...

TOM COLTON
    As a child Tom Colton communicated and interacted with spirit. It was not until Tom’s uncle Richard died in 2001 that he started reconnecting with spirit as an adult. During the past 8 years he has completed many courses on spirituality including, become a Reiki Master, completing the NFSH workshops and advanced his mediumship studying at the world renowned Arthur Findlay College in Stanstead London, the world foremost college for the advancement of spiritualism and psychic sciences. Tom is currently touring Ireland with his Feel the Spirit Tour: http://graagussolas.com

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

just a quick question. will tickets be on sale at the door on saturday or do they have to be got online?

No
    You can get them at the door but I would suggest people get into the lecture room early for any talks they want to see to get a seat otherwise they'll be standing.

I cant say if there will be tickets for the investigation that night though as we're limited to 25 spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

No
    Do we have to pay extra to get into talks or is it all inclusive on ticket?

No
    kshiel wrote: »
    Do we have to pay extra to get into talks or is it all inclusive on ticket?

Its included in the 1 ticket. The only thing not included is the Investigation that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

Planning on driving into town to the convention on sat, dose anyone know if you can park in the hotel car park for the day? :confused:

No
    THere is parking outside the hotel and around the side of the hotel, but i cant guarantee you that spaces will be available :(
    There is a car park in Temple Bar that is not too far away from the event .

THere is parking outside the hotel and around the side of the hotel, but i cant guarantee you that spaces will be available :(
    There is a car park in Temple Bar that is not too far away from the event .
    Ye but is there no car park that belongs to the hotel? an underground or what ever? I doubt cars would be safe parked along the roads in town beside the hotel and it would cost a fortune in the multi story having a car parked there all day. Prob just get the bus in instead so.

No
    Its directly outside the hotel. There is an undergroud car park but that is for guests .

Its directly outside the hotel. There is an undergroud car park but that is for guests .

But sure we are 'Guests' haha :D

• Advertisement

No
    Just a note that Paul O'Connor cant make this and Colm Keane has kindly stepped in to give a talk.
    What happens when we die?’ is the question answered by award-winning journalist Colm Keane in his sensational new book Going Home, which contains the most comprehensive descriptions ever provided by Irish men and women about life after death. The book features interviews with over 60 Irish people, many of whom have died. Through the use of modern-day resuscitation techniques they have been restored once again to life. On their return they have brought back wondrous stories of journeys to the other world. Most have travelled through dark tunnels, entered an intense brightness, been welcomed by deceased family and friends, and encountered a superior being. The majority have felt a profound calmness and serenity. Virtually all have been marked forever by these journeys. Along with relating stories of near-death experiences, out-of-body travel and death-bed visions, the author has discovered old accounts in ancient Irish manuscripts which mirror the stories being related today, these are contained in the book. He also examines the latest scientific evidence.

No
    Article in todays SouthSide People about the convention:
    PIGs_SSP.jpg

6th wrote: »
    Article in todays SouthSide People about the convention:
    PIGs_SSP.jpg
    Haha Very good lads! 6th, which one is you?

No
    I'm the stocky little dude on the right :D

I'm the stocky little dude on the right :D
    Ahh yeah i see you there..... very good.......with the mack 3! Did anyone ever tell you ye look like that guy 'Ross Kemp, dose gangs!? hehe :D

No
    Whats weird about the photo is the guy in the middle wasnt there when we were taking it :eek:

No
    More exciting news!

hiddendublinwalks.com will now be running a tour after the convention for those not going on the Wicklow Gaol investigation or rushing off home. Its down on their website as being €29 but they are doing it for €25 for those going to the convention. The bus will leave from the Radisson just after 8pm and you book your tickets at the hiddendublinwalks.com stand in the exhibition hall.

You can find out more about their tour here: http://www.hiddendublinwalks.com/ghost-tour-dublin.php

Whats weird about the photo is the guy in the middle wasnt there when we were taking it :eek:

Yeah right !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

No
    Really looking forward to the convention on Saturday. Tis my first one!

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the convention on Saturday. Tis my first one!

Ye same, should be good crack :D

• Advertisement

No
    FAirly crazy here and the next 36 hours arent gonna slow down at all!

Talking to all the groups, exhibitors and speakers and we're set for a pretty awesome day! I was pretty excited about last year but this is gonna blow that out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Maybe
    Would have liked to go for some of the funs myself.

Money eh? I needs me some of those money trees me da kept talkin' about when I was a kid.

The tours are a great addition to the convention as well lads.

Maybe next year.

No
    Yeah obviously we're all feeling the pinch so we looked at ways this year of dropping the ticket price but delivering a better event. Much to our amazement it looks like we managed it!

The demand for investigations last year was too big to ignore so besides the special one that night we'll be putting on a few more in the next month, as will other groups I'm sure.

People dont just want to hear about other peoples experiences, they want to have their own. We're not about keeping all the spookiness for ourselves and know the only way to get a real taste of it is to have a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

No
    Yeah obviously we're all feeling the pinch so we looked at ways this year of dropping the ticket price but delivering a better event. Much to our amazement it looks like we managed it!

The demand for investigations last year was too big to ignore so besides the special one that night we'll be putting on a few more in the next month, as will other groups I'm sure.

People dont just want to hear about other peoples experiences, they want to have their own. We're not about keeping all the spookiness for ourselves and know the only way to get a real taste of it is to have a go.

eek!
    Sounds great!
    Fair play to you lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

No
    The IPIC team is really looking forward to it, we'll be one of the teams there for anyone who has questions... Here's hoping for a brill day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 clodaghsmummy

No
    Hey guy's!

Ruth here, have to cancel attending this year! Daughter is still sick! Hope ye have a great time!!

No
    Well make sure to take plenty of pics and we'll be filming the talks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 clodaghsmummy

No
    Oh yay! Thanks!! I'll get to see them so! I was a bit disappointed I'd miss the talks!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

No
    Well make sure to take plenty of pics and we'll be filming the talks.
    What happened to the filmed talks last year? :confused:

• Advertisement

No
    Ziycon wrote: »
    What happened to the filmed talks last year? :confused:

Dont ask ....

Advertisement