Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Countdown To Results Day *** (Random Chat here only please)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

I havent worryed for the last 4 weeks or during the leaving either

It was Like pfft sure what can ya do Ive had worse things happen in life than doing badly in the leaving!!

But I also kinda tought I did alrite anyways
    but now im forgetting about the individual papers and Im kinda startin freakin out cause im worrying about certain subjects ir. maths need a b2 (ordinary level for ul which are my top 4 level 8s but no i dont think I got it

oh and damn those leaving cert dreams Their pissin me off the whole goin into the exam knowing zero one is very common

:rolleyes:

Then again feck it im goin on the beer for the next 4 weeks
    and the four after that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

28 bottles of beer on the wall
    28 bottles of beer
    Take one down and pass it around
    27 bottles of beer on the wall

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I honestly cant wait for them back....im too impatient for my own good! :p Im just dying to see how i did, and not knowing what im gunna be doing in september is killing me...:( Cmon august 12th! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

hip hip hooray!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

don't care. I know I'm definitely going to get my 3rd choice so I'm not bothered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I want my results, but only because I want to know how I did. I'm very confident of getting my course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Let the good times roll . . . right after the 18th of August! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

17th.

YOU JUST LOST A DAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

A month sounds like an awfully long time, then I realised it's been a month today since I finished the LC and it flew, so reults will be on me in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I did A-levels and won't get mine till the 20th. And I have to wait till second round offers :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

im reaaaaaaly not looking forwrad to my results!
    2 girls i work iwth did theyr leaving, one got high 400's, one got 500, i got 400! guess whos going to look like an idiot?!:o

im reaaaaaaly not looking forwrad to my results!
    2 girls i work iwth did theyr leaving, one got high 400's, one got 500, i got 400! guess whos going to look like an idiot?!:o
    Well, firstly, you don't have to tell them your result. If they're nosy enough to ask, it's telling you alot about them (unless you're good friends with them or something).
    Secondly, if they call or think your stupid by your result, they're not only idiots themselves, but ignorant and rather cruel people.
    Thirdly, that's not why you should be not looking forward to your result, worry about what colleges/unis and not what everyone else might think! :)
    And finally, from watching lots of the LCers in my time, they always go "oh noez I won't get what I want/I'll get low points" and they end up doing better. In nearly all cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

25 more days...
    Anyone have any idea what time the schools get them/give them out at? Or does it vary from school to school? I'm seriously considering camping out in the school the night before...
    I just want to get my results; I know I'll get something, I just want to know how I did!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

MrPirate wrote: »
    25 more days...
    Anyone have any idea what time the schools get them/give them out at? Or does it vary from school to school? I'm seriously considering camping out in the school the night before...
    I just want to get my results; I know I'll get something, I just want to know how I did!!

Usually at 9am anyway! As I said before Im seriously going to have the ****ters the night before because I worked like a mofo this year to get what I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I realised this myself on Wednesday. Nearly fell off my chair.

I hate waiting for results but worse, I hate not knowing where I am going to be in September. It freaks me out!

I have to plan what I am going to do that morning.
    Do I get up at 6 and stare at my PC?
    Do I wait and go in with my friends that morning for the results?
    Open them in private or public?
    I'm glad I have no idea how I did. Stops me from trying to guess.

And my LC nightmares have been replaced by Debs nightmares! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

when I thought about it, I just smiled. I really can't wait :pac:

Definately going to do a load of stuff the day before though. Just to help me sleep.

they end up doing better. In nearly all cases

^^
    Well your filling me with confidence:eek:

:o

MrPirate wrote: »
    25 more days...

Augest 12th,
    There delivered in the school doors at 9am on the dot it usualy spot on!
    But you havent a hope of getting your results untill 10am at least as they arive in big sealed bags and must be opened sorted and put in envelopes by the school
    In our school the twoo secitarys in the reception do it for about 100 sudents and it takes them an hour

but obviously this varys if your school is piss lazy yeah mite be quicker to get them online at 12pm when there posted up:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

23 days ladies and gentlemen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sarah Louise

I've been doing enough to keep my mind off them.. But today I found my old books while cleaning my room.. All came flooding back!!! I wish I could find out what I got on individual papers, like Art craft pieces and my History special topic. Oh, how I love my essay :D... it was just the exam that went badly :(

Nonetheless..c'mon results!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I'm looking forward to getting results. Really am.

Can't wait to get them, I'm not nervous at all.

And really looking forward to seeing everyone again I miss them all.

And getting to go back to school and see all the teachers. I miss it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

I remember staring at the envelopes in front of my principal for ages during the junior cert results as she made a fabulous speech (sarcasm) that I can't remember. I bet she'll outdo herself on the leaving cert. results speech..

I might jump up and scream "JUST GIVE ME THE BLOODY ENVELOPE AND LET ME GET OUT OF HERE FOREVER!" but that might be a little melodramatic..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

I want to do German too OneArt!!!! Didn't think there were many people around who wanted to do it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

20 days =/

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭chancer12

What time are they available online? Is it later in the day? Does anyone know the cost of appeals and wheter or not the grade can go down?

chancer12 wrote: »
    What time are they available online? Is it later in the day? Does anyone know the cost of appeals and wheter or not the grade can go down?
    Midday (I think).
    40€ per subject.
    Highly unlikely.

Just go to www.examinations.ie for all the info you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's free if you appeal and you go up a grade as far as I know.

Yes you can go down, but it rarely happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Nah I heard that they cannot bring your result down... It can only stay the same or go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

I remember hearing this from one of my teachers...They had a student a number of years ago who appealed one of their papers and it resulted in their grade falling. Basically, you should only appeal if you're sure a grade increase is a sure thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Ugh the reoccurring dreams are so getting old D:
    Roll on results day!

Advertisement