Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Countdown To Results Day *** (Random Chat here only please)

Options
  • 14-07-2009 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

As of tomorrow, there will be 4 weeks to go until results.

I was informed of this fact yesterday, and promptly had a nightmare about it last night.

Enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

meh cant do anything about it now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

meh cant do anything about it now
    We're not looking for calm rational types here

AAAHHHH WE'RE ALL GOING TO FAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

That's the spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I keep thinking "ah sure can't do anything about it now, whats the point in worrying" whilst my mother has little hysterics every time it's mentioned.
    But then there two nights ago I had a nightmare where I ended up going having a choice between two colleges which I hate. I actually don't even have one of them onmy CAO, but tha's besides the point!

• Advertisement

I for one can't wait until the results are released. I don't understand how people aren't insanely curious as to how they've gotten on...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Worst bit is the night before the results. My nails were non-existent at that point. I recommend going to the cinema (late showing if possible!) or dossing about with a group of friends and tire yourself out enough that you'll collapse as soon as you get to bed. Otherwise you'll be up half the night wondering! :)

Best of luck to everyone getting the results and for the following Monday's CAO offers (which I'm waiting for too, argh!) - I hope you all get what you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

The best of luck to everyone anticipating their results.

Of course, to those of you hoping to do German next year, I hope you fail miserably so there's more chance that I get my course :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Aoibheann wrote: »
    I recommend going to the pub (late bar if possible!) or falling about with a group of friends and tire yourself out enough that you'll collapse as soon as you get to bed. Otherwise you'll be up half the night wondering! :)

You're obviously delirious, so I took the liberty of fixing your post there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

OneArt wrote: »
    The best of luck to everyone anticipating their results.

Of course, to those of you hoping to do German next year, I hope you fail miserably so there's more chance that I get my course :).

Lucky I changed my mind from Maths and German to Theoretical Physics for my first choice then! :D
    B0X wrote: »
    You're obviously delirious, so I took the liberty of fixing your post there. :pac:

I'd agree with you.. but I don't drink. :p Though I think we ended up in the pub after the cinema anyway.. Good laugh, but fairly sober all around. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I for one can't wait until the results are released. I don't understand how people aren't insanely curious as to how they've gotten on...

I agree completlely.It is getting annoying 4 weeks...I can't wait,im not being sarcastic the anticipation is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

8 weeks until the JC results tomorrow! :p

Nobody cares? ....Okay :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

jumpguy wrote: »
    8 weeks until the JC results tomorrow! :p

Nobody cares? ....Okay :(

:rolleyes:

vladglenin wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

If there is one smiley I could permanently remove it would be that one.

This is a discussion forum, how about discussing something other than leaving a condescending smiley?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

This is a discussion forum, how about discussing something other than leaving a condescending smiley?

paxmanPA_40x40.jpg

banjopaul wrote: »
    paxmanPA_40x40.jpg

Now, that smiley I approve of.

(Sorry for going off-topic, mods.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Relax people, I was joking! Jeez, I thought a good joke would get the countdown rolling. You poor crators, ye're all high-strung with the stress. I just think "that'll be me 2 years time" (not doing TY) with a small smirk to myself, and my ability to wisely predict the future.

As a gesture of good will, I'll start counting (it's midnight)...
    29 bottles of beer on the wall
    29 bottles of beer
    Take one down and pass it around
    28 bottles of beer on the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm so nervous to get my result. I just realized the other day that I needed a C3 in ordinary maths for all my courses in levels 6/7,8 and a PLC I really like and I made a complete arse of it during the leaving. The thought of repeating is killing me.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Now I feel bad for starting this thread. I blame my neurotic tendencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

'Twas a necessary finger wag there though.
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Now I feel bad for starting this thread. I blame my neurotic tendencies.

You deserve a caution or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Feels like the last 4 weeks have flown by but I can tell the next 4 are gona snail on by.

Im not worried, just curious as feck!

Also eager to start something new, bored shiteless of summer already!

Actually having said this, I'd also like to ad that I will be ****ting it between results and offers, I just know Im gona be borderline on getting the course Ive psyched myself up for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I'll defo have the ****ters the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

jumpguy wrote: »
    Relax people, I was joking! Jeez, I thought a good joke would get the countdown rolling. You poor crators, ye're all high-strung with the stress. I just think "that'll be me 2 years time" (not doing TY) with a small smirk to myself, and my ability to wisely predict the future.

As a gesture of good will, I'll start counting (it's midnight)...
    29 bottles of vodka on the wall
    29 bottles of vodka
    Take one down and pass it around
    28 bottles of vodka on the wall

Beer is for wimps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Ah for f0ck sake.

I keep having Chemistry-related, horrific, disgusting nightmares where I get a D1.
    Even though I think that exam went the best of them all.
    SherIDunnoLike.

Roll on offers day tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

JSK 252 wrote: »
    I'll defo have the ****ters the night before.

Pppppffffffff go out on the pish the night before!;)

On the plus side, just under 37 days till I'll be on a plane to Ibiza.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

'Twas a necessary finger wag there though.

Says the guy who used :eek: in this thread....
    Now, that smiley I approve of.

(Sorry for going off-topic, mods.)

Your clear bias to a pic of Jeremy Paxman insults me. You are abusing your God-like powers that being a mod gives you!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

bythewoods wrote: »
    I keep having Chemistry-related, horrific, disgusting nightmares where I get a D1.
    Even though I think that exam went the best of them all.

Well at least your having them about something that is completely unrealistic.
    Every so often the thought of my Physics exam keeps coming to mind. I didn't do particularly well in it, however I can't see how I could have failed it. Regardless the thought remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

It's not so much the results I'm worried about, nothing I can do about that now, it's the offers that I'm terrified for, I just really hope I get at least one offer from my CAO, I should have put lower points courses on... ahhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

I don't like this thread................:(

I just keep trying not to think about it, they can keep my results if they want.

(but still let me into my course... Please...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

I usen't think about it so much but now that everyone seems to talk about it all the time,I cant help but worry

Advertisement