Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Countdown To Results Day *** (Random Chat here only please)

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Why in the blue hell is brainiac still on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

God I remember this time last year. Don't think I was ever more nervous in my life tbh. Wasn't 100% happy with my results, but I just forgot about them and ended up going to the Muse gig in Marlay Park. Stiill got my first choice by 5 points.

The motto of it all? Todays not the end of the world! Enjoy yourself tonight no matter what and see how things turn out after that.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Why in the blue hell is brainiac still on tv
    I still like to watch the Richard Hammond ones, Vic Reeves is an arsehole though

He also has another show on now called Blast lab. How many science shows does he need haha

I saw it actually, and he wears this gay long leather coat thing

I bet it's regular length on a normal person :pac:

• Advertisement

:pac:

Anyways it's about time I go get those results :D

Il be back later with :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭clinchy

best of luck all and have a good night no matter what the result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'll have to repeat the stupid ****ing Leaving Cert and I'm so ****ing angry with the stupid ****ing Leaving Cert and my results were **** and the whole thing was just a complete waste of time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

There's some interesting facts about the LC on the telletext this morning. High failure rate in maths and science. Only 16% of candidates took higher level maths. Reduction in the number of people doing physics and chemistry. Apparently people weren't affected that much by the paper 2 english cock up, however there were small fluctuations in results in comparison to other year. Ohh and one lucky person go 9-A1s.

Wish me luck I'll be going down to my school in a few minutes, :eek:, nervous as hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm still waiting on my sister to come back from the school with her results.

I reckon she'll do well but still can't help but feel a little nervous for her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

My english teacher always gave me C's and D's with the odd B, but today confirmed my suspicions over her correcting. I got a B3 and am thrilled with it.

I can't stand teachers that correct on the basis of how much they like a student regardless of the actual creativity or fluidity of the written piece.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Have to say I'm chuffed
    got my points for NCAD
    So glad to have that over with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

DigiGal wrote: »
    Have to say I'm chuffed
    got my points for NCAD
    So glad to have that over with

It's NCAD for me too. :)

Got 545 points though, it nearly seems like a waste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Ah sure just means we are deadly all round!

Meh, better than I expected. Still not happy strangely enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Meh, better than I expected. Still not happy strangely enough

I feel the same. I'm greatful that I got enough points for my course, but I'm not enjoying it. It just feels wierd. I'm even staying in tonight because it just feels like a normal day. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I know it doesn't feel great even though I got more than I expected because I am still worried about my courses and stuff.

Does anybody else just feel very "blah"?

I think it may be that I got exactly what I expected to get, but I really felt nothing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

phasers wrote: »

I think it may be that I got exactly what I expected to get, but I really felt nothing...

Maybe that's it. I did expect to get around the 380 - 400 mark and I did. Perhaps if we'd got more than our expectations we'd be happier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Go out tonight and celebrate your achievements. That's an order. You all truly deserve it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

celtic723 wrote: »
    My english teacher always gave me C's and D's with the odd B, but today confirmed my suspicions over her correcting. I got a B3 and am thrilled with it.

I can't stand teachers that correct on the basis of how much they like a student regardless of the actual creativity or fluidity of the written piece.:mad:
    In fairness, many teachers will give class grades slightly below what they know the piece might get in the exam in order to spur students on to more effort / avoid them getting lackadaisical and resting on their laurels.

It's not always personal ... :)
    phasers wrote: »

Larkin501 wrote: »
    Maybe that's it. I did expect to get around the 380 - 400 mark and I did. Perhaps if we'd got more than our expectations we'd be happier
    There's nothing to spark the adrenalin rush which others are experiencing, either through delight or disappointment, that's all. :)

Advertisement