Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starship Troopers 1 - 3 [Box Set] Blu-ray - FREEEEEEEEEEEEE! [CDWOW]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

I Ordered, got the Same as everyone Else Sent a Email saying, Ye are a F**king Disgrace BURN! and i got a 5 pound voucher a refund and shippin it aswell so there actually paying me a fiver :)

thats probably the single greatest story ive ever heard....:pac:
    your actually getting paid to take the thing!... unbelievable!....
    maybe starship troopers just sucks alot more than i remember and they want to get rid of all their stock. Could all be some kind of elaborate poorly run marketing scheme to get us looking at cdwow more often to see if they have any other "mis-prices".....:confused:
    ..................................Touché CD-Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Bingo!
    Dear HeebusJeebus,

We are pleased to confirm that your item has been shipped by CD WOW!
    The details of this shipment are:

Order No: ********
    Product: Starship Troopers Trilogy - Starship Troopers/Starship Troopers 2 - Hero Of The Federation/Starship Troopers 3 - Marauder
    Product code: 3807435

Dispatched to:

Never doubted you cdwow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Mine just gone to ... 'Dispatched'

I'll assume it'll shortly change to 'Lost in the Post'

Until it's in my hands I won't believe it.

mathie wrote: »
    Mine just gone to ... 'Dispatched'

I'll assume it'll shortly change to 'Lost in the Post'

Until it's in my hands I won't believe it.

same as... mine are dispatched also... will be interesting to see how they play the rest of it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

Mine has been dispatched also :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Just received the dispatched email also

Roar wrote: »
    hurray! :P

*edit

Basquille, legend of a find sir!

Yeah major thumbs up to Basquille.

Although I will have to go and buy a BluRay player now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Dispatched email received also.
    Still not registering though, I mean, they are doing something worth praise for a change?

Cheers Basquille btw

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers lads.. got my despatch notice also.

CDWOW.. what a great bunch of lads. Cheating, thieving and their day-to-day dealings could barely be considered legal.

But hey, we all do love free Blu-ray's! :D

Probably the best result in a BA in a long while.. and it's from CDWOW. How is that possible?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

also got the confirmation, looks like a freebie :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Got the confirmation

Wont believe it till its in my hand and I'm 100% convinced they haven't/won't charge me for it

it was the 6th time they've cancelled an item on me due to alleged unforseen stock issues so I guess I'm owed one, cheers OP for the good spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

bkrangle wrote: »
    Got the confirmation

Wont believe it till its in my hand and I'm 100% convinced they haven't/won't charge me for it

it was the 6th time they've cancelled an item on me due to alleged unforseen stock issues so I guess I'm owed one, cheers OP for the good spot

Yeah, exact same here...
    Made the payment via paypal, so it's not like they can charge me for it now. I'll take back some of the stuff I said about CDwow if this actually arrives... Can't believe they're honouring this after refunding everyone...

Almost seems like this was planned to get them some free positive publicity via word of mouth...

Lads.. I'd recommend checking your Paypal / credit card accounts as listen to these comments over at the HUKD forums:
    Mines been despatched too, and just checked my bank account and £4.49 has been charged for it.
    Make sure you check your paypal accounts properly, they do re-take the £4.99- see here;

14 Jul. 2009 Temporary Hold By PayPal Placed -£4.99 GBP
    14 Jul. 2009 Refund for order 452071473 Refund From CDWOW.COM LTD Completed £4.99 GBP

Seems they gave the refund, then instructed PayPal to hold the £4.99 to pay for it now they are to honour it???

Strange as it says £4.99 when I ordered at £4.49? Still not complaining, £4.99 for a £54 blu-ray box set can't be bad. Mine has been despatched too.
    my paypal still shows the refund as the last transaction

edit: oops i take it back

:
    13 Jul. 2009 Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed Details £4.49 GBP
    14 Jul. 2009 Refund Completed Details £4.49 GBP
    14 Jul. 2009 Temporary Hold Placed ... -£4.49 GBP
    No hold put on my refund went straight back onto credit card

13 Jul. 2009 Charge from Credit Card Completed Details £4.49 GBP
    15 Jul. 2009 Refund Completed Details £4.49 GBP
    15 Jul. 2009 Credit to Credit Card Completed Details -£4.49 GBP

Maybe it's becaiuse you used a bank account as source fund.
    Mine never got refunded but its been dispatched.
    Mines been despatched too, and just checked my bank account and £4.49 has been charged for it.

It appears to be different results for different people. Haven't checked my account yet - going to do it now. I mean even if we were charged the £4.49, it's still a helluva bargain!

EDIT: No activity on my Paypal account from CDWOW since July 13th (and that was the refund going through). As below:

82143387.jpg

Oh wait.. am I reading that wrong? It appears to be the refund first and then a charge. I think I have been charged the £4.49 alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

No payment taken from my account ... yet :confused:

Nothing taken from mine either.

maybe there's different laws that they can't do that to irish buyers but can do it in uk???

basquille wrote: »
    Lads.. I'd recommend checking your Paypal / credit card accounts as listen to these comments over at the HUKD forums:

It appears to be different results for different people. Haven't checked my account yet - going to do it now. I mean even if we were charged the £4.49, it's still a helluva bargain!

EDIT: No activity on my Paypal account from CDWOW since July 13th (and that was the refund going through). As below:

82143387.jpg

Oh wait.. am I reading that wrong? It appears to be the refund first and then a charge. I think I have been charged the £4.49 alright.

basquille
    I used paypal too...

Jul. 14, 2009 Refund for order 452070941 Refund From CDWOW.COM LTD Completed Details £5.49 GBP

Jul. 13, 2009 Payment To CDWOW.COM LTD Refunded Details -£5.49 GBP

So I *think* I've been refunded.

checked mine there... no charge put on it yet anyway....

I was never given a refund - so I have paid for it also

Tweaky wrote: »
    I was never given a refund - so I have paid for it also

i guess if they never refunded you, they dont see why they would need to give you it free of charge as goodwill... as they never cancelled?....

• Advertisement

daveyid89 wrote: »
    i guess if they never refunded you, they dont see why they would need to give you it free of charge as goodwill... as they never cancelled?....

I did get the cancellation email like everyone else. I ordered off the .ie website as it was showing up as £ 5.49 on the .com and € 5.99 on the .ie.
    Still I'm happy enough with getting it for €5.99

Tweaky wrote: »
    I did get the cancellation email like everyone else. I ordered off the .ie website as it was showing up as £ 5.49 on the .com and € 5.99 on the .ie.
    Still I'm happy enough with getting it for €5.99

should be getting it for free so... but if your happy with it, then maybe dont rok the boat... it is cdwow after all.. i would be happy with just a fiver as well,,.. gettin it free is a nice bonus though

Actually.. my credit card statement lists only the original charge (on the 14th) and the refund (on the 15th).

Nothing else.. so might actually be free after all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I paid with a refund voucher from a previous CDWOW funkup and they refunded the voucher and are sending the item to me!! :D

Thanks BASQ. ;)

anyone got theirs yet???

anyone got theirs yet???
    This is still CDWOW..

I'd expect a 'Starship Troopers 4' before it arrives..

anyone got theirs yet???

no sign yet....
    interestingly, check this out
    http://www.cdwow.ie/blu-ray/Starship-Troopers-Trilogy-Starship-Troopers/product/view/3807435

they way lowered the price again......, not quite as low, but still a bit of a bargain... should this be a new thread in the bargain alert?

Wahey.. this arrived through my letterbox about 8:10 this morning:

Schweet!

photobhm.jpg

basquille wrote: »
    Schweet!

Duude!

• Advertisement

Just got handed mine by postie seconds ago.

Awesome :p

Advertisement