Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starship Troopers 1 - 3 [Box Set] Blu-ray - FREEEEEEEEEEEEE! [CDWOW]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Post-Pre-Cancelled here now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got an email today saying they are sourcing it and going to dispatch it now. They cancelled my order already though so I have emailed them to find out what on earth is going on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

got same email
    Dear ***** ******
    Thank you for your order for Starship Troopers Trilogy on Blu-ray. We previously communicated to you that we were unable to fulfil your order for this item, however we are in the process of sourcing the stock from our supplier to make sure we honour your order.
    If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Services on support@cd-wow.com
    From all the team at CD WOW, we thank you for your patience and look forward to dispatching your order very soon.

might get it free because they can't take money out of my paypal account ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Have ye checked the link in the original post to see what price it's at now?

Sweet mother of Jaysus! :eek:

if they try to charge me that much, I'll be doing an immediate chargeback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

got same email

might get it free because they can't take money out of my paypal account ;)

I paid with Laser, had the money refunded, and got the same email. So don't think we'll be getting it free, just an offer to buy it at regular price...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

after previous attempts to use CD-Wow i decided agasint it this time and looks like it was the right decision. They are clowns, will never buy from them again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hello JXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail. I apologize for the confusion caused to you in relation with this order.

The order for ‘STARSHIP TROOPERS - STARSHIP TROOPERS 1 - 3 [BOX SET]’ was cancelled and the refund has already been processed via a voucher code.

However as a goodwill gesture, we are dispatching the order. I am glad to inform you that we have secured stock from our supplier and we are expecting the order to be shipped on 20.07.09. Once the order will get dispatched from our warehouse, we will let you know via e-mail. Also, the status of the order on the website will not appear as cancelled as it will be shipped to you shortly.

Our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you by this as it certainly wasn’t our intention. We do genuinely appreciate your patience and co-operation.

Well fair play to them!! :D

I got the cancellation email and I replied to them and lifted them out of it.
    Told them I'd never buy again and I'd bought numerous dvds in the past, valuable customer blah blah blah.
    Now the status has changed from cancelled to Backorder
    And they've refunded me.

Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

got this from them

Dear Roar
    We are pleased to inform you that we have secured stock from our supplier and will be despatching your order on Monday July 20th.

If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Services on support@cd-wow.com.

Thank you for your order and we look forward to seeing you on CD WOW soon.

i emailed them as well when the original cancellation mail came, saying ""out of stock" or realised ye made a mistake with the pricing??" and got some standard reply back about it being out of stock as advised by their suppliers, or some ****e like that.

• Advertisement

got same email as Roar, will be watching my credit card transactions closely next week, make sure they don't try charge full price

got same email as Roar, will be watching my credit card transactions closely next week, make sure they don't try charge full price

that's what I'm thinking as well.. gonna send them an email there now about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They can't charge you full price without informing you first.

And they did say:
    However as a goodwill gesture, we are dispatching the order.
    Why would they charge you the full price as a "gesture of goodwill"? :D

PS - got no e-mail here. Paid via Paypal, got a cancellation and money refunded soon after. Item appears as 'Backordered' in My Account but when you click on it, I get a 404 Not Found error.

If there's one thing you can be assured of them doing it's something underhand like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

Hi David,
    Thank you for your e-mail and sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    This is to inform you that we have received your 2 emails for the below item, so we are replying to both of them in this e-mail.
    Please be informed that the refund has already been processed back to the original form of payment. However as a goodwill gesture we are honouring this order and shipping this item for you.
    Also be informed that we will not be charging any thing for this order now as we do not save any card details with us.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this order.

Kind Regards,
    Keith | Customer Services Representative
    CD WOW!

Bit of a shame that they chose some customers and not others.

also got another email saying its being dispatched on monday.... got the same email sayin out of stock from suppliers blah blah blah.... ten they said they could get some from the supplier and were uncancelling my order... i informed them i dont give permission for anything other than the 5.99 i agreed to being charged....., they said they have already refunded me the monies and wont be charging this time...

nice!

looks like we could all be getting a freebie, thanks Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I got the same emails as everyone else here. This is madness? First they dont honour the misprice and now they are going to give us the stuff for free?

Basq it looks like you delivered one hell of a B.A. :)

I didn't get it... so I'm not happy! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

I ordered from Cdwow.ie - couldn't get the £ 4.49 to come up. i paid by paypal and got the cancellation email.
    However I have not received any other emails and on cdwow it is showing as backordered and the real kicker in this is that I haven't received a refund to my paypal account.
    Anyone else in this situation ?

Relax lads.
    No one is getting this.
    Despite CDWows 'promises'
    Haven't we learned our lesson from the numerous other times they've cried wolf / cancelled orders?

Dear DAVID
    We are pleased to inform you that we have secured stock from our supplier and will be despatching your order on Monday July 20th.
    If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Services on support@cd-wow.com.

the above is what i got this morning..... anyone else get similar?.. whether or not they keep this up now is another thing, but il just have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

daveyid89 wrote: »
    Dear DAVID

the above is what i got this morning..... anyone else get similar?.. whether or not they keep this up now is another thing, but il just have to wait.

I got the exact same (well, apart from the name!), even though I have had my refund processed.....

Hmmm.. I sent them an e-mail pissing and moaning that my order was cancelled and "my friends order" was honoured and got this back:
    Thank you for your e-mail and sorry for the inconvenience caused due to cancellation of your order.

Please be informed that this order was cancelled and a full refund has already been processed back to your card. As a goodwill gesture, we are honouring your order and the item will be sent to you free of cost. We will not charge you for this order again as we do not store any card or bank details.

We have also sent you an e mail regarding the same. Please could I ask you kindly to check your ‘Junk E-mail’ folder as it is possible that the e-mail could have been filtered out as spam.

Got no e-mail from them. I'm highly skeptical to be honest! :confused:

well if they dont send em out now their doing themselves far more har to their company image than if they had just left it at "we aint got no more stock"....,
    hard to say why they were doing humoring some of us with these emails and not others (if it is a load of hot smoke their sending us that is)... maybe their not sending the "goodwill gesture" until we kick up a fuss.... i got nothing until i said I want my order but do not give permission to be charged anymore than 5.99 which is what i agreed to..., I can see a laptops direct kind of scenario now where they just keep saying "sorry out of stock again" until we get fed up and ask to cancel it all...

(hopefully im wrong though... because i reli want this now.... but would never pay 50 fudging euro for it:)

daveyid89 wrote: »
    well if they dont send em out now their doing themselves far more har to their company image than if they had just left it at "we aint got no more stock"....,
    hard to say why they were doing humoring some of us with these emails and not others (if it is a load of hot smoke their sending us that is)... maybe their not sending the "goodwill gesture" until we kick up a fuss.... i got nothing until i said I want my order but do not give permission to be charged anymore than 5.99 which is what i agreed to..., I can see a laptops direct kind of scenario now where they just keep saying "sorry out of stock again" until we get fed up and ask to cancel it all...

(hopefully im wrong though... because i reli want this now.... but would never pay 50 fudging euro for it:)

I'd to consider paying 5 euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭fdevine

Ordered mine at st£5.99. Got the usual 'we cannot source' cancellation email.

Got the full refund. Then got the 'we are sourcing' email, then the 'dispatch on 20th July' one.

After their previous shenanigans I had written them off. If I get €50+ worth of BD for free......nah......still write them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I Ordered, got the Same as everyone Else Sent a Email saying, Ye are a F**king Disgrace BURN! and i got a 5 pound voucher a refund and shippin it aswell so there actually paying me a fiver :)

• Advertisement

hurray! :P
    Dear Roar,

We are pleased to confirm that your item has been shipped by CD WOW!
    The details of this shipment are:

Order No: *******
    Product: Starship Troopers Trilogy - Starship Troopers/Starship Troopers 2 - Hero Of The Federation/Starship Troopers 3 - Marauder
    Product code: 3807435

Dispatched to

Warmest regards,
    CD WOW! Customer Service
    support@cd-wow.com

*edit

Basquille, legend of a find sir!

Advertisement