Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you have done?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Oh I see, you'd wait until he ploughed into and killed someone and then report him.
    Good work.

Well if he does it every week he must be doing something right.Id say he just tips home, its speeding reckless drink drivers that are dangerous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

MSporty wrote: »
    Well if he does it every week he must be doing something right.Id say he just tips home, its speeding reckless drink drivers that are dangerous
    All drink drivers are reckless and have no consideration for anyone else only themselves whether they speed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Well let's start making exceptions. Drunk-driving tests maybe? If you can get home after 8 pints ten nights in a row, you're grand. Safe enough like.

How many times have you heard the phrase "killed on a country road while walking home". How many times is it a hit and run?

Would you fell different if your kid was killed my a drunk driver while wandering home from the pub.
    "Oh well, he'd done it lot's of times before so it was just an accident"

Saibh wrote: »
    All drink drivers are reckless and have no consideration for anyone else only themselves whether they speed or not.

Whats your definition of a drink driver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Whats your definition of a drink driver?
    Anyone who drinks alcohol and drives - what other way could you define them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

You're legally obliged to contact the gardai afaik, you could actually be prosecuted for not calling them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Drag him out of the car by his scrawny alcoholic hair and beat the **** out of him till his **** is streaming out of his eyes. **** drunk drivers, absolute scum of the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭terrytrent

Come on MSporty, you're not stuck for words are you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

Latchy wrote: »
    Got his number if possible .I hate drink drivers and staff should not have served him

once his over 16 he's allowed buy cigs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

benj wrote: »
    once his over 16 he's allowed buy cigs :D

Over 18!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Here's what you should have done OP.

As Tipsy McStagger went to pull off you should have staged an accident to make it look like the guy knocked you down.

Then you should procede to tell the guy that you're calling the cops to report the accident, unless of course he wants to settle out of court.

Any right thinking drunk driver would only be to happy to withdraw as much cash as possible from the ATM to buy your silence.

As the relieved drunk goes to pull off, tap on the window and say, "oh, I'll be taking those 20 smokes as well sonny".

Now as soon as he pulls off get onto the cops and grass his ass.

Finally, hang around outside the shops and wait until the cops drive past with me boyo in the back.
    As he passes casually pull out one of his smokes, light it up and give him the finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

I like the way everyone is picking on this poor auld devil.
    All talkng down from your very high horses.

Obviously, this poor guy has problems & I'm sure doesn't mean anybody any harm.

When it comes down to it most of you would make any excuse possible to avoid jury duty in a gangland trial to put somebody truly evil away.

Twitching curtains, & all that......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

Some peoples attitudes in this thread equate to celebrity hairdresser David Marshalls comments regarding drink driving. He was caught out on his harley after two and a half pints and has lost his licence for four years. (only right imo) However he thinks it was alright because he was not "blotto" as he said himself and that the law was wrong. (its in todays Sunday independent)

You drink, you simply do not drive end of. I don't care if you're 18 or 78 the law applies to everyone no exceptions. The correct course of action would be to get his reg and report him, however in the heat of the moment and the frustration with what you see can often make you forget. You said hes a regular at the place you spotted him, it is the civic duty of the staff to report him however they seem to have failed. Anywho Alcoholics are creatures of habit, it is likely he'll be there at the same time next week for his post pub smokes, if you want to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

All talkng down from your very high horse
    Ah would ye look at you perchin on the fench! Theres a right and a wrong in most cases and theres a grey in some..but c'mon if this lad killed someone you loved im sure you wouldnt be callin him a "poor auld devil"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

anniehoo wrote: »
    Ah would ye look at you percin on the fench! Theres a right and a wrong in most cases and theres a grey in some..but c'mon if this lad killed someone you loved im sure you wouldnt be callin him a "poor auld devil"!

Very true, but this whole thread seems to have an 'outraged impotance' feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

MSporty.
    Think before you post please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭terrytrent

All talkng down from your very high horses.

When it comes down to it most of you would make any excuse possible to avoid jury duty in a gangland trial to put somebody truly evil away.

Twitching curtains, & all that......:rolleyes:

What cha talkin'bout willis???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sure its his own business if he wants to drink and drive, once he doesnt harm anybody else. Do you keep an eye out for people in pubs with a drink in their hand and there car keys on the counter?
    So report him after he kills someone, yeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭wandererz

what type of car was this guy driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I can only hope that you're extracting the urine with this post.

It's one thing to "have problems". It's another thing altogether to risk other people's lives due to your problem.

You might also think about the fact that if he runs someone over, it'll be bugger all good to that person and their family that he 'didn't mean anybody any harm'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I was in the company of my friend when she was knocked over by a drunk driver. I can't understand how anybody would think it ok to do nothing. That said, the first time it happens it's probably difficult to know what to do.
    I'd call the Gardai straight away with the number. But I would not approach him, you don't want to get hurt. I know I might come across as ultra-conservative here but I am not, I just think anything that could harm another like this should be avoided. Drunk drivers cause so much hurt.

call guards obviously..

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

I said once he doesnt harm anyone else. Next the OP will be snitching on people they see driving and talking on the phone.

F*ck sake - we are not in primary school here - don't use a term that implies something innocent enough when we are in actual fact talking about behaviours that have and will kill people- how can the OP or any of us be sure that when we see a drunk getting behind a wheel that they won't harm another person - we can't.

Drinking alcohol and talking on your mobile are illegal while driving for a reason - you're are not fully able to drive a car while doing either - the sooner this country wakes up to that reality, the better.

And to finish, I "SNITCH" on every selfish bast*rd that I see driving while talking on their mobiles or who I suspect may be drinking and driving - it may be my niece or nephew who he/she comes into contact with a few miles down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Latchy wrote: »
    Got his number if possible .I hate drink drivers and staff should not have served him

Yea get the staff of the shop, that'll learn them to mind their own business...

Are people in this world really that ignorant? Why the fcuk should the staff refuse to serve him???
    Sure its his own business if he wants to drink and drive, once he doesnt harm anybody else. Do you keep an eye out for people in pubs with a drink in their hand and there car keys on the counter?

Are you serious? If so please GTFO.
    Aldebaran wrote: »
    Report him and the two eejits behind the counter.

Yea, another one, report the two "eejits" behind the counter, for what? WTF would you say to a guard about them two? They have a lawfull duty to report lawbreakers? No they don't...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yaya* wrote: »
    F*ck sake - we are not in primary school here - don't use a term that implies something innocent enough when we are in actual fact talking about behaviours that have and will kill people- how can the OP or any of us be sure that when we see a drunk getting behind a wheel that they won't harm another person - we can't.

Drinking alcohol and talking on your mobile are illegal while driving for a reason - you're are not fully able to drive a car while doing either - the sooner this country wakes up to that reality, the better.

And to finish, I "SNITCH" on every selfish bast*rd that I see driving while talking on their mobiles or who I suspect may be drinking and driving - it may be my niece or nephew who he/she comes into contact with a few miles down the road.

Your probably so destracted driving around looking for motoring infractions, that your probably a danger to other road users yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Spot the drink drivers in this thread. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Your probably so destracted driving around looking for motoring infractions, that your probably a danger to other road users yourself.

MSporty post in this thread again for any reason and I will ban you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

Unfortunately he may not be trolling.

I know people who think just like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

dresden8 wrote: »
    Unfortunately he may not be trolling.

I know people who think just like that.

How unfortunate. Well the mods can't do anything about that, but here they can.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yup. The OP just PM'd me the guy's reg (remembered after some subtle hypnosis), quick call to my emergency motor tax office number (mods only btw) and drink driver man just earned himself a 2 month ban from AH and Ranting and raving.
    But not the thunderdome.
    Muhuhuhahaha

Advertisement