Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

at the cinema last night

Options
  • 08-07-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

So i decided to go see The Hngover last night in the local picture house. I went in and bought my ticket half hour before show and went out to the car to get a little toasty before i went in. When i was well lit i ventured in down the hall towards screen five. the door was open and in my state i waddles in and took a free seat near the back. As i settles in i got a weird feeling. I leant out on the aisle and asked the guy across was this the beginning or the end of the movie.

To my horror i found out i had walked in on the last five mins of the movie. Thank funk it was dark in there as i stumbled back out laughing my ass of and red from embarrasment.

turns out the movie was crap too.......i was much funnier last night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

You should read that brochure, man....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

what :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

I thought it was a great movie...

holocaust ring and all that... legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I feel like i've got a hangover now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

frag420 wrote: »
    So i decided to go see The Hngover last night in the local picture house. I went in and bought my ticket half hour before show and went out to the car to get a little toasty before i went in. When i was well lit i ventured in down the hall towards screen five. the door was open and in my state i waddles in and took a free seat near the back. As i settles in i got a weird feeling. I leant out on the aisle and asked the guy across was this the beginning or the end of the movie.

To my horror i found out i had walked in on the last five mins of the movie. Thank funk it was dark in there as i stumbled back out laughing my ass of and red from embarrasment.

How did you manage that?? Honestly? Did you buy the ticket during the day and came back that night or something?:confused:

You also missed out on the best movie in the cinema so far this year btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

tok9 wrote: »
    How did you manage that?? Honestly? Did you buy the ticket during the day and came back that night or something?:confused:

He said he bought the ticket half an hour before the film started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This should be thread of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

frag420 wrote: »

How do you not fall down more? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Talk to Frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tigers love pepper... they hate cinnamon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Quadrophenia is on in Galway tomorrow. You've given me an idea OP...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

He said he bought the ticket half an hour before the film started.

ya i know what he said but that makes no sense... how could anyone buy a ticket 30 mins before the show and then come back nearly 2 hours later to watch it!:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

unless "toasty" is some sort of new slang I haven't heard for drunk/stoned/something, my only comment is...lolwtf? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭LeotheLion

tok9 wrote: »
    ya i know what he said but that makes no sense... how could anyone buy a ticket 30 mins before the show and then come back nearly 2 hours later to watch it!:confused:

lets just say he's not playing with the full deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'm so glad you're all the way in Sligo, being awesome getting that "toasty" in your car in the cinema car-park before most likely driving home...

You're a hero to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

You missed the best film ever, I don't want to spoil it for you but its amazing that he dies in the end you really don't expect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

He's saying that he went to his car & got stoned. It seems that he then lost track of time and was late for the movie. Not really that funny of a situation tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

First you go into a movie five mins before the end....then you make it worse for yourself by telling us all about it. Tool! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

kingtut wrote: »
    First you go into a movie five mins before the end....then you make it worse for yourself by telling us all about it. Tool! :pac:

hahahahahahaha +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

How did the duck manage to buy the ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hahahahahahaha +1.

hehehehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

reminds me of a time something like this happened to me, but it was a greater level of embarrassment

this was when the 3rd Matrix film was in the cinema (horrible) (not sure, this was a few years back so the films might not be right)

cant remember the cinema, anyways..film was showing in screen 3, myself and my girlfriend made our way to the Q. went in a few minutes later and took our seats.

problem was, our seats were filled, we were confused and just sat down thinking it was a open seat thing.

film kicks in..subtitles start..whhhaaatt?

i know Keanu Reeves can put you to sleep with his f-in' brilliant acting and thought they were 'there to help you keep up with him'

Then some french chick is in some field and i just start laughing and maybe waiting for her to take the blue pill.

a usher (not the singer) is beside us with a clipboard, a pen and a painful look on his face as people are sitting on the steps.

i get his attention and ask him, 'is this not Matrix 3?'

he looks at the clipboard, then at me, scratches his head and says no.

Matrix 3 was on screen 3, which would be beside screen 4 of course.
    Thing was, there was a french film in screen 4 called '3' (cant remember exactly, but you get the idea). We didn't read the sign well enough obviously and got confused.

So we both stood up, heads down..giggling away. Then as we walk across the front the screen about 60 people also stand up, honestly , about 50% of the place stood up.

The entire room applauds, everyone laughs.

Keanu didnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

See that OP, even variations of the story aren't funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

Eww you sound like a horrible smelly drunk man

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

reminds me of the time i got a handjob from a milf during King Kong....for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Sh1t, hope it didnt ruin it for you...after all the Hangover has such an intricate, well developed plot with such amazing twists it could really ruin it if you seen the end:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

You missed nothing op, the film was useless. How the hell did it get such great reviews??!!? I sniggered about twice during the entire movie and that was it. Although amazingly most of the cinema fcuking lapped it up, howling with laughter at ever little slapstick moment and what have you. Sometimes I think I'm too good for this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

kingtut wrote: »
    Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Antigone05 wrote: »
    cant remember the cinema, anyways..film was showing in screen 3, myself and my girlfriend made our way to the Q.

What's a Q?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

queue

apologies

laziness

Advertisement