Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

at the cinema last night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Sometimes I think I'm too good for this country.

Oh don't worry this country is more than happy to have you. The Shamblertine statue is going up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭- bo -

You missed nothing op, the film was useless. How the hell did it get such great reviews??!!? I sniggered about twice during the entire movie and that was it. Although amazingly most of the cinema fcuking lapped it up, howling with laughter at ever little slapstick moment and what have you. Sometimes I think I'm too good for this country.

This^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Yep, its not a great movie is it?
    Went to see it last night and the only funny moment was when Mike Tyson started singing "In the air tonight".

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

Did he not just walk into the last 5 mins of the previous showing??

Thought the Hangover was great myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

People claiming The Hangover was the best comedy released this year, Observe & Report was leagues ahead, and Role Models was screened here this year despite being released in North America last year. Both far superior IMO.

OP: You didn't miss much, should have spent that tenner on some more grass or skins! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Ok ok we get it, you have a car with a heater, and you can afford to go to the picture house

No need to go mocking us poor folk with your riches :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Here's what you missed OP.

Baby gets hit in the face with a car door.

Tiger in bathroom that belongs to (shock horror) Mike Tyson (who is just cringeworthy in this).

A weird-bearded guy that just says a lot of random crap that isn't funny either.

That Asian guy from Role Models as an over the top homo.

And they get married in the end.

Sh1t movie, you were lucky.

(And those whining why I didn't use spoilers? Coz IT'S.NOT.FUNNY.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭UnderpantsGnome

Doodee wrote: »
    What's a Q?

*Sigh* Yet another person who pretends not to notice queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

When I went to the cinema for "Titanic" years ago, I paid my friend 20 pounds to LOL during the sad bits.

When there was a poignant scene and the place was quiet, my mate would start laughing his head off. The whole place turned to look at us about 5 times. Thank God there was 6 of us there.

Jaysus, it was the funniest few hours of my life.

I dare everyone on boards to give it a go.

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I walked in on the end of that M. Night Shymalan film...what's it called? The Vanishing or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

you sir are a "retord" a what? a retord:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

frag420 wrote: »
    ...bought my ticket half hour before show and went out to the car to get a little toasty before i went in.

Yes, I have been caught in this situation many times before when going to the cinema and being dissappointed by the lack of available toast. There's nothing better than having 4 slices by your side while watching a good flick - the only downside is the amount of time it takes to make the bloody stuff in the car with the cigarrette lighter!!!

Then you have to smuggle the stuff into the cinema under your armpits! :mad:

*Wipes sweat from brow as he turns over the 2nd slice to resume toast lines*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

super-rush wrote: »
    reminds me of the time i got a handjob from a milf during King Kong....for some reason

details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

So i decided to go see The Hngover last night in the local picture house. I went in and bought my ticket half hour before show and went out to the car to get a little toasty before i went in. When i was well lit i ventured in down the hall towards screen five. the door was open and in my state i waddles in and took a free seat near the back. As i settles in i got a weird feeling. I leant out on the aisle and asked the guy across was this the beginning or the end of the movie.

To my horror i found out i had walked in on the last five mins of the movie. Thank funk it was dark in there as i stumbled back out laughing my ass of and red from embarrasment.

turns out the movie was crap too.......i was much funnier last night

I'm still trying to figure out, how what he scribbled in crayon on an old newspaper managed to get on Boards. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I remember when I went to see Angels and Demons (the horror!), four people arrived in about five minutes from the end with popcorn and drinks, was rather funny to see their faces as the lights came up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Talk to Frank.

Or Ask Jeeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

In fairness with all the hype The Hangover was getting it was billed to be the best comedy of all time. It was funny, but not hilarious. I was mildly entertained and would give it 6.6/10. I can't remember the parts I liked, probably Eddie that guy in the Little Chapel - he was good. Doug was crap, Stu was good, Phil was ok, Alan was ok aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i'll have what the op's smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Was an okay film, not in Wedding Crasher's league though.

Best bit:
    When the cop car pulls up, "Just act cool"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

So i decided to go see The Hngover last night in the local picture house. I went in and bought my ticket half hour before show and went out to the car to get a little toasty before i went in. When i was well lit i ventured in down the hall towards screen five. the door was open and in my state i waddles in and took a free seat near the back. As i settles in i got a weird feeling. I leant out on the aisle and asked the guy across was this the beginning or the end of the movie.

To my horror i found out i had walked in on the last five mins of the movie. Thank funk it was dark in there as i stumbled back out laughing my ass of and red from embarrasment.

turns out the movie was crap too.......i was much funnier last night

oh sligo, you so classy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lol123456

When I went to the cinema for "Titanic" years ago, I paid my friend 20 pounds to LOL during the sad bits.

When there was a poignant scene and the place was quiet, my mate would start laughing his head off. The whole place turned to look at us about 5 times. Thank God there was 6 of us there.

Jaysus, it was the funniest few hours of my life.

I dare everyone on boards to give it a go.

:D:D

hahahahahahaha brilliant! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Antigone05 wrote: »
    reminds me of a time something like this happened to me, but it was a greater level of embarrassment

this was when the 3rd Matrix film was in the cinema (horrible) (not sure, this was a few years back so the films might not be right)

cant remember the cinema, anyways..film was showing in screen 3, myself and my girlfriend made our way to the Q. went in a few minutes later and took our seats.

problem was, our seats were filled, we were confused and just sat down thinking it was a open seat thing.

film kicks in..subtitles start..whhhaaatt?

i know Keanu Reeves can put you to sleep with his f-in' brilliant acting and thought they were 'there to help you keep up with him'

Then some french chick is in some field and i just start laughing and maybe waiting for her to take the blue pill.

a usher (not the singer) is beside us with a clipboard, a pen and a painful look on his face as people are sitting on the steps.

i get his attention and ask him, 'is this not Matrix 3?'

he looks at the clipboard, then at me, scratches his head and says no.

Matrix 3 was on screen 3, which would be beside screen 4 of course.
    Thing was, there was a french film in screen 4 called '3' (cant remember exactly, but you get the idea). We didn't read the sign well enough obviously and got confused.

So we both stood up, heads down..giggling away. Then as we walk across the front the screen about 60 people also stand up, honestly , about 50% of the place stood up.

The entire room applauds, everyone laughs.

Keanu didnt.

Hmmmmmm...... maybe you and your special lady had been getting a bit 'toasty' before heading into the film me thinks, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

and 60 other people???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

nb1zz7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Antigone05 wrote: »
    and 60 other people???

I dunno - National Dimwitted People's Day Out or something? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

i'll have what the op's smoking.

Mary Harney's two week old sock. It's similar to LSD.

Advertisement