Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Thrown Out Of The House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

OldGoat wrote: »
    Ya mean you could do all that at boarding school? Damned Christian Brothers would never let me smoke.

I'd say they let you take a drag off something else though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

enda1 wrote: »
    Earth is <8000 miles in diamter. Are you in orbit?

I doubt he travels through the earth.

eg:
    http://www.mapcrow.info/cgi-bin/cities_distance_airpt2.cgi?city3=-2144896,D&city4=-2152220,C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Volvoboy wrote: »
    You've no idea how much i wanted the majority to say ''Jaysus that terrible Volvoboy, your just a innocent little mite how can your mother throw you out you being so innocent and naiive to the world?''

Damn you!

Fair enough, shes a horrible hormonal nagging old heartless wagon, and you should report her to social services!! .... They might not care though.

You should look into leaving alright. Yes, it costs more to live away from home, but it also teaches you life / money / house-keeping skills. Imagine what the ladies are going to start thinking from now on. I'd let on I need the bathroom and make a break for it out the window. And while running, I'd call my mates and tell them I just had a near-miss with Norman Bates :pac:

Today she asked you to leave. Tomorrow she starts poisoning you dude - just go =P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Moved when I was 19 to France, came back when I was 21 to Ireland and back to college.

It really is soul destroying moving back in with the family after living by yourself or with others the same age for so long.
    Just finished college bar a fair few repeats so once they're out of the way saving up and gonna go see the world with my girlfriend.

On a slight tangent, all throughout college I worked and paid my own way, whether it was the registration fee, books, drinking money etc.
    I was one of the minority who worked through college and one guy said to me a fair few weeks back 'jesus must be hard to go to college and work at the same time'. Most of the people in my class had their own car, lived away from home and went on the p¡ss every weekend. Their parents paid for it all. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was jealous.

Just something that always annoyed me. Anywho yeah, move onwards and upwards young volvoboy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Time to move out anyway. I bought a house at 22. </show off>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Will wrote: »
    Moved when I was 19 to France, came back when I was 21 to Ireland and back to college.

It really is soul destroying moving back in with the family after living by yourself or with others the same age for so long.
    Just finished college bar a fair few repeats so once they're out of the way saving up and gonna go see the world with my girlfriend.

On a slight tangent, all throughout college I worked and paid my own way, whether it was the registration fee, books, drinking money etc.
    I was one of the minority who worked through college and one guy said to me a fair few weeks back 'jesus must be hard to go to college and work at the same time'. Most of the people in my class had their own car, lived away from home and went on the p¡ss every weekend. Their parents paid for it all. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was jealous.

Just something that always annoyed me. Anywho yeah, move onwards and upwards young volvoboy!

Basicly lived at home and parents subsidised my college lifestyle (worked a bit over summer and start of terms but nothing major). Never failed a subject, moved out after 1st class degree to permanent well paying job.

2 years now, living with girlfriend and enjoy that I have proven their "investment". (moved out at 22)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Ruu wrote: »
    Time to move out anyway. I bought a house at 22. </show off>

You bought a house? Or do you mean you got a big loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm still living at home at 23. Doesn't really bother me, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I can't really see a way NOT to live at home for the forseeable future, so it's all good with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I was 7 when I moved out. I'm just that awesome.

You've no idea how much i wanted the majority to say ''Jaysus that terrible Volvoboy, your just a innocent little mite how can your mother throw you out you being so innocent and naiive to the world?''

Damn you!

They all want to say it, but fear being laughed at.
    Everyone wants to go home to the Irish mammy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pygmalion wrote: »
    What kind of 22 year old wants to live with his mother? Seriously

The kind on shows like Jerry Springer

- Drav!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

Just had words with Mammy Volvoboy, basically saying she wants me out soon :mad: to this i feel scared :(

I'm 22 and if i had my way i'd like to stay for a few more years until 25 atleast.

So what age were you forced out of the womb house at??

And living with Daddy Volvoboy isnt a option because he'd want me going to work during the day, the daytime is Volvoboy's ''Me'' time.

So volvoboy is going to have to turn into volvoman then!

I left home at 17 and to be honest I think its bad form living at home when you're old enough to be earning a living. 25 and still at home is fairly pathetic tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

id move out man you have to experience partys and the mess they can cause...
    then theres being able to bring girls home... The only thing is you have to learn how to cook clean do your washing, and keep the house respectable, living away from home is greta

NO rule's... No parent's saying do you job's, No parents ringing you Where are you :D...

Above all you get to walk around naked... I like this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

*grumble*

Anybody wanna adopt me?
    22 year old taxi driver seeks mother figure, doesnt need much feeding or watering. Can fix most things around the house

Waits for replys/ :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

*grumble*

Anybody wanna adopt me?

Waits for replys/ :cool:

Don't be such a baby man the fvck up and move out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Damn you!
    This is boards. You'll get loads of people bragging about what they did, then belittling you cos you live at home and then encourage you to follow in their footsteps.

Move out though. Find a houseshare which is pretty cheap and then just bring cheap floozies back. You can't do that at home. Also, you can laugh in the face of destruction. Say you smash a priceless vase, your ma would be angry at the way an object has been destroyed. But i see it as material to glue to your mates face when he passes out next time. You can't do that at home either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't really give a shite about all the I moved out when I was four years old and held down 16 jobs malarkey.

Bully for youse.

If you're happy living with your ma at 22 - and more importantly, she is - then fair enough.

If she wants you out, and you're working, you shouldn't really be knocking about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I left the house a few weeks after my 20th birthday. My mother didn't want me to go but I was determined to be independent.

Ironically, she'll be moving in with me in my place in about a year :rolleyes:. Just so long as my name is on the lease, I'm happy as she's fairly cool. I'll have to hide my smoke though, or else she'll smoke it herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

In fairness, living on your own is pretty cool. I got a taste of it when I had the house to myself for two weeks.

Pity there is nowhere you can go when on the dole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'll have enough money to buy my own house in a year or so </brag>

still haven't bothered moving out yet though, maybe that's why I have more money than I need..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

i left at 18 to go to collage but had to move back when i was 22 for bout 6 months. Livin with 3 mates now but could'nt bear living at home again

English studies was it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Terry wrote: »
    I was 7 when I moved out. I'm just that awesome.

They all want to say it, but fear being laughed at.
    Everyone wants to go home to the Irish mammy.

Well i never lived at home, i was shipped out at birth and made live in a house with the only 3 foreigners in Ireland, an English guy, a Belgian and a guy with tanned skin who was actually Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

super-rush wrote: »
    Well i never lived at home, i was shipped out at birth and made live in a house with the only 3 foreigners in Ireland, an English guy, a Belgian and a guy with tanned skin who was actually Irish.

Then he wasn't a foreigner super-rush;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Moved out when i was 18, moved back in for a year when i was 23, moved back in when i was 29 for another year.
    But my mum was on her own from when i was 23 so moving back in both times was to keep her company (when i was living elsewhere, another family member lived with her). Wouldn't be surprised if in a few years time i move back in 1 day a week as she get older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

To be fair in threads like these people often say they left at 18/19 for college, school or whatever but while they were living away from home they were in a lot of cases still being supported financially by their parents, which certainly isn't the same as moving out and having to support yourself off your own back.

FTR I finished college last year, only got a semi-relevant job in March (which paid minimum wage) now starting a new, better paid job in August and getting the fook out as soon as I do! Edit: 23 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

Don't be such a baby man the fvck up and move out...

Jesus, I think he was only joking..

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I lived away from home for 4 years of college and then moved into another place instead of hanging around at home. I wouldn't be able to stand living at home again after having moved out. My sister is 23 though and she has never moved out and she has no intention of moving out soon, my parents don't mind so at least I have the option to move home again if I ever need to for money reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

im not sure if i live at home or not!

i moved out to live in dublin while in college last year, but spent most of my weekends at my parents house because of working down here.

been staying here for most of the last two months since college ended, but moving to a new flat in carlow next month hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

Let me give ya the culchie perspective!

Im from a rural area where loads of otherwise well adjusted, tax contributing members of society live with their parents until near 30, then get a massive mortgage to build a 3 storey house on their fathers property! Theres no dramas, no one goes around sayin "Jaysus, would ya look at the head Timpat, still livin at home at 28!"

Alot of the feeling here is ya cant wait for abit of freedom, the parents are a pair of planks who are crampin yer style. That might be the case, for the majority of people it seems, but not for me. Admitedly im not a party animal, I dont long for parties in me sitting room. I go to work everyday, pay rent to the parents and at the weekend I go out, usually stay in friends flats or get a taxi home. Obviously not livin life a 100mph here but its the way i like it and at the moment it lends itself well to livin at home. 23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

tech77 wrote: »
    Just thought the lyrics were pretty apt.

Vovloboy.

However bad things get, throwing yourself under a ten-ton truck or double-decker bus is not the answer. Please remember that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I moved out when I was 17. Haven't been back since. Threatened to after University finished but my dad paid for a deposit and first month's rent. "fuck off money" he called it. Clever bloke my dad. :)

Advertisement