Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Thrown Out Of The House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

WTF?

Its one thing to HAVE to live at home, but doing it cos its comfy?

People there is such a big world out there and the view from a parents house is not the best way to see it.... Holy sweet jebus ti**y fu** life is more than having your clothes washed, get out and live!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Moved out a few months ago (I'm 20) from home and its the best thing I've ever done, get on much better with family now, better independence, and of course no nagging from the parents :D

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I moved out @ 10... Seriously, i was sent to boarding school. I was never home for more that a month @ a time.

Living at home means:
    You can't walk butt naked
    You can't have sex
    You can't have sleepovers...
    You can't smoke

Basically, you can't breathe!
    Ya mean you could do all that at boarding school? Damned Christian Brothers would never let me smoke.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

What kind of 22 year old wants to live with his mother? Seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I moved out when I was 19.

I'm almost 21 now and only live at home during the summer months.

I'll be 25 when I finish college but I don't think I'll be moving back in with them. Or even living in the same county to be honest.

My mum did say once that she thinks if college hadn't forced me to move, that I'd have never left. :o

OP, there's no need to hesitate, just find a cheapish place to rent and you'll be grand. You are working after all. And living by yourself is grand. You get used to the cooking, cleaning, laundry etc. very very quickly when you have to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can people stop refering to their parents as mammy <user name> and daddy <user name>? It's like some weird sex education video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Ah dont worry bout it Volvoboy....mammys have hormonal swings from time to time, make her a cuppa tae & say your sorry. I never lived at home cause I couldnt stand Daddy Maddison:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Wtf... your mam is throwing you out?? Feckin hell man, that's bad, you must be really bad to live with...

I moved out when I was 20 to live with a boy and haven't moved back yet. I don't think I will either, not with the babby an all like. My parents raised their own kids, wouldn't expect them to have sleepless nights over a baby crying anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Volvoboy you'll be fine, you will soon look back at this and laugh... its the best thing for you in the long run, try and see it as a positive as it will be a great adventure if you do but a rejection if you dont, best of luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

16 when i left the homestead....most people stay living at home until they're like late 20's....:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i moved out when i was 18, that was 8 years ago almost now. it was when i went to college. only stayed at home at weekends and it got less frequent until now i only go home when there is something on. my parents love having me home, until the rows start 10 minutes later!

anybody thats still at home full time after 21 is seriously in need of a kick up the a**!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

My folks didn't want me to leave especially as I would be renting and they hated that, they came to accept it and I think it has worked out for us all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

God I feel like an outcast here! But out of my group of friends (guys and girls) only 2 of them have moved out of home! One of them because she had a baby and another one because she doesn't get on with her parents. We're all 22/23/24. I didn't think it was that strange :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Volvoboy,
    Your mother asked me to come on here and tell you to grow up. How can me and her make loud love with you there. And you stink too.
    Signed,
    Your new step father.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Gonna have to wash your own dirty socks now :D
    Mammy 1
    VolvoBoy 0

I left at 16 to live with mates, maybe a tad early but it all worked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭weird

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Just had words with Mammy Volvoboy, basically saying she wants me out soon :mad: to this i feel scared :(

I'm 22 and if i had my way i'd like to stay for a few more years until 25 atleast.

So what age were you forced out of the womb house at??

And living with Daddy Volvoboy isnt a option because he'd want me going to work during the day, the daytime is Volvoboy's ''Me'' time.

Got to grow up sometime I'm afraid... I left home at 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Sounds to me like Volvo's mam is looking for some afternoon delight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I left at 19 and lived out of the house for about 5 years. I'm now back a few years for convenience, but I'm off to Australia in 8 weeks. Won't be living with the parents again.

Which is better, you ask? Living away from home, without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

God I feel like an outcast here! But out of my group of friends (guys and girls) only 2 of them have moved out of home! One of them because she had a baby and another one because she doesn't get on with her parents. We're all 22/23/24. I didn't think it was that strange :confused::confused:

Depends on where you went to college. If you had to move out for college you are more likely not to go back. My mates are all the same bar one or two. One I was suppose to move in with when his leased finished but he left for oz recently. Now I can't get any of lads to move out and I don't want to live with complete strangers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Left at 18..

Had a trial job in a hotel and was told the following morning I had it.
    It was a split shift..10-3.30 and 8-close.
    Mother collected me at 3.30 and told me my new home was just around the corner :(
    She still insists to this day that she was nearly in tears about the first child moving out of home. :D
    But still it was the best thing to happen to me...I was able to stand on my own two feet...get langers drunk with no one to give out to me...bring loads of girls back and get laid with no worries...
    Whereas my other brother lived at home his whole life and while he now owns his own house he's as naive as they come when it comes to worldly matters.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Left at 18 to go to college. I was delighted to get away tbh.

It's quite common in a lot of countries for people to stay living with their parents, in Spain I think, for example.

But I think it definitely stunts your growth and you can't party as hard as you otherwise could, which is what your 20's is for, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

22? Get out, get laid, get drunk....yaysus. Scared me arse, your underwear can't be that bad.

Btw, if you're renting look for a place with a dish-washer.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Moved out when I was 18 and bought my own at 21, Home was grand but I like my freedom... A LOT! Grow a pair man and move out your too old for that mommy coddling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

OldGoat wrote: »
    Was told by Poppa Goat at the age of 18 that I was cramping his style and the I should feck off. Mumsy Goat said that there would always be a place for me on the couch, but they had other plans for my bedroom. After many years of therapy I've come to accept that, like an apple, I didn't fall far from the Goat tree.
    I believe that advert on the TV is a snapshot of my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyofq6aE8vs&feature=related

:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moved out when I was 20 to live with my then OH.. Lived with him for close to 5 years.. Didn't work out and I moved home a year and a half ago as a temporary measure.. Still there now but am planning to move out very soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Just wait until they get old and feeble and then they will be looking for you again for all the possible help ie, shopping, cutting the grass etc, driving them down for their pension etc, then tell them to f*ck off.

More than likely they will blow their life savings and house on private nursing home fees later on so don't expect much from them.
    If you were my kid id have caught you by the ankles and dropped you into a barrel of water on day one !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I moved out at 18 to go to college, haven't been back since. Hi Mom & Dad if you're reading this. Love you lots. Kisses.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Depends on where you went to college. If you had to move out for college you are more likely not to go back. My mates are all the same bar one or two. One I was suppose to move in with when his leased finished but he left for oz recently. Now I can't get any of lads to move out and I don't want to live with complete strangers

Yeah, we all commuted to college. Actually, now that I think of it, the two who moved out of home were the oldest in their families and most of the rest of us are the youngest or nearly the youngest...that might have something to do with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Mena wrote: »
    22 :eek:

Went to the military for two years at 18, never went back home. Now 15000 miles away from the parents :)

Earth is <8000 miles in diamter. Are you in orbit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I'd like to move out, but I cant really justify it at the moment. We live literally 5 minutes walk away from where I go to college and the mother has no problem with me staying, in fact she wants me too... only child and all that :o

So for the moment I'm sitting pretty. I'll ride out the recession hopefully! and move out once I graduate in 3 years time.

Advertisement