Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Thrown Out Of The House

Options
  • 07-07-2009 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Just had words with Mammy Volvoboy, basically saying she wants me out soon :mad: to this i feel scared :(

I'm 22 and if i had my way i'd like to stay for a few more years until 25 atleast.

So what age were you forced out of the womb house at??

And living with Daddy Volvoboy isnt a option because he'd want me going to work during the day, the daytime is Volvoboy's ''Me'' time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Went to OZ for a year when i was 20. Came home and started renting.

What mother wants her 22 yr old lying around the house all day?!

/i know you work nights but still....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Just had words with Mammy Volvoboy, basically saying she wants me out soon :mad: to this i feel scared :(

I'm 22 and if i had my way i'd like to stay for a few more years until 25 atleast.

And living with Daddy Volvoboy isnt a option because he'd want me going to work during the day, the daytime is Volvoboy's ''Me'' time.

She must have got pissed off sharing the bathroom with those homeless lady-boys you keep finding on the way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Kiera wrote: »
    What mother wants her 22 yr old lying around the house all day?!

Not my one and any road :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Went to college at 17 and haven't lived at home since. It was the best thing I ever did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I wasn't forced out, I was a good son and mammy and daddy Zohan loved me.

Left when I was 17.

They still want me back but I've told Mike and Sheila that it's better if we're just friends now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

22 :eek:

Went to the military for two years at 18, never went back home. Now 15000 miles away from the parents :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

My brothers only moved out when they were about 26, cos they (and the folks concurred) probably didn't wanna pay someone else's mortgage, and didn't have the career stability to start paying a mortgage of their own.

I'm 21, hoping to go to Oz for a year or two once I've enough saved, and when I come home I'll start renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol @ being kicked out.

also, get a job ya bum

I went to the US when I was 20 and came back pennyless, still wouldn't go back to the mam though. I'd rather be on the street

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I moved out when I was nearly 25 and only because my parents bought two houses in town and told me I was renting one of them :)
    Then left Ireland when I was 26, now 29 and live in NZ.

lol @ being kicked out.

also, get a job ya bum

Eh, i have a job?

• Advertisement

Rents have come down a LOT, go and move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

My advice - grow a pair, man up, move out!
    Why would you want to live with your parents at your age anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Take it as an oppurtunity Volvoboy. You'll get more action in your own place. The ladies aren't keen on tiptoeing up the stairs for fear of waking mammy and daddy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'll be 24 next week and still happily living at home :o I'm hoping to buy something early next year but the thought of moving out scares the bejesus outta me. I'm too well looked after! I think my mam has it like that because I'm the youngest of four and the only one still living at home and she doesn't want to let her baby go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Volvoboy wrote: »

You have gotta be taking the piss? your 22.... if you move in with your dad you should get perma banned from boards:D

Seriously though, at 22 you really should have your sh1t together enough to be able to get through the day without help from your mother:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Go on, cut the apron strings umbilical cord, Volvoboy! 22 is more than old enough :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Also change your name to VOLVOMAN.... your 22 ffs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm 20. Moving out in September because I'm so smart I get free accommodation in college for the next 5 years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just wait until they get old and feeble and then they will be looking for you again for all the possible help ie, shopping, cutting the grass etc, driving them down for their pension etc, then tell them to f*ck off.

More than likely they will blow their life savings and house on private nursing home fees later on so don't expect much from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I had to move back home when I was about 24 and couldn't hack it, I don't know how anyone could live with their parents when they could be free.

• Advertisement

You've no idea how much i wanted the majority to say ''Jaysus that terrible Volvoboy, your just a innocent little mite how can your mother throw you out you being so innocent and naiive to the world?''

Damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Was told by Poppa Goat at the age of 18 that I was cramping his style and the I should feck off. Mumsy Goat said that there would always be a place for me on the couch, but they had other plans for my bedroom. After many years of therapy I've come to accept that, like an apple, I didn't fall far from the Goat tree.
    I believe that advert on the TV is a snapshot of my life.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I moved out of home at 18 when I went to college. Haven't moved back and never will. I do visit them the odd weekend though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

i left at 18 to go to collage but had to move back when i was 22 for bout 6 months. Livin with 3 mates now but could'nt bear living at home again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'm 20 and moving out in September. Sure life is comfy at home, but it's just about time to get out! I should probably tell my mum soon then =/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

currently 25 and still at home. in the process of clearing a loan and making sure my job is stable, then im outa here..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I left at 17 to go to college and could never live at home anymore. By the end of a long weekend it's time to move away

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

Left when I was seventeen, to go to college. Lived at home for three weeks since; nightmare. I love having my own place. Got our first house when I was 24 haven't looked back since. Now very old;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I think it's about time for Volvoboy to become Volvoman..
    22 and still living at home tut tut in my day we had fought our second war at that age...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I moved out @ 10... Seriously, i was sent to boarding school. I was never home for more that a month @ a time.

Living at home means:
    You can't walk butt naked
    You can't have sex
    You can't have sleepovers...
    You can't smoke

Basically, you can't breathe!

Advertisement