Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things you like about Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i think they are the only people that laugh at my jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I like how prejudiced Irish people can be and how they aotomatically assume the worst of people.Like yesteday when something about gay rights was on T.V my mother told me that she "didn't like the Gays."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

mobius42 wrote: »
    Heh, Bounty indeed!

They're called Plenty these days, certainly not something you can apply to Ireland at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

ScumLord wrote: »
    That surely has to be arse. Most roads are falling apart on a regular basis, their constantly sinking and coming apart because they're not done right the first time around. The roads around here are an absolute joke, within 2 months of being resurfaced their a mess again.

They must have got those lads who did my driveway to do them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

Alicano wrote: »
    I like the climate.Dubai and the likes can stick their 47 degrees where the sun dont..oh.:p
    The underdog mentality.
    Our well educated population.scumbags aside.
    The smoking ban.whole world knew us after that..and is following slowly.
    Culture and History.We're a very interesting and old place.
    Humour..when an Irish person is on fire with the gags and impressions..u cant match that anywhere else!
    That we're an Island.savage being away from mainland Europe and having so much coast.
    Come on Ireland!:)

my least favourite thing, its too far north and westerly for this to be an advantage. if britain wasnt there it would be good but yeah, iceland and ireland didn't get that good of a deal back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

The food, whenever I was abroad, the food was never up to the food here.

Irish countryside, beautiful scenery and I think I'm getting to like the smell of silage! The advantages to having an OH from a farm!

The women.:)

what do you mean 'the food', irish cuisine? lol dont make me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I don't know actually.

I like living here, but I don't know why.

I cant see anything good about the place, but at the same time, I love it.

I still want out for a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I made you laugh? Where's my thanks?!

Yes, Irish food, tastes like home, don't know how to describe it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i like irishness..... its the only way i can describe it. its a feeling u just dont get in other countries ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

I love
    Fianna Fail
    Mary Harney
    Brian Cowen
    Bertie Ahern
    Enda Kenny
    The Rain
    Leprechauns & pots of gold
    The Best Bankers in the world
    The best Builders in the world (they left during the 60s 70s 80s to build the world but came back to F### us up)
    All of the empty apartment blocks
    The dole queues
    Drug lords who run riot on our streets
    The Gardai
    The revolving court system
    Tax on............ well everything
    People who rant and complain....oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

jazoo wrote: »
    I love
    Fianna Fail
    Mary Harney
    Brian Cowen
    Bertie Ahern
    Enda Kenny
    The Rain
    Leprechauns & pots of gold
    The Best Bankers in the world
    The best Builders in the world (they left during the 60s 70s 80s to build the world but came back to F### us up)
    All of the empty apartment blocks
    The dole queues
    Drug lords who run riot on our streets
    The Gardai
    The revolving court system
    Tax on............ well everything
    People who rant and complain....oops

Do I hint sarcasm? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

Naaaa.....
    other than that little list Ireland is a great place to live and raise a family

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Hurling. The history. The countryside. Some of the women. Some of the buildings. The (comparatively) good standard of life. Croke Park. Sunny Thurles on Cork/Tipp day.

Thats about it, but its a lot more then one would get in most countries. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I like the countryside and the coastline. I like the sense of humour.

That's about it really.

There's a lot more i don't like but that's for another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I like living in Ireland.

Ok, the weather could be nicer, things could be cheaper, the roads could be better, our government could at least let on they know what they're doing...but...

...it's still a very nice place to live in.

I like the sea, I like my town, I like the people, I like the atmosphere. I didn't even mention my even nicer fiance yet and her great family.

Wherever you are you will always miss something. I don't think there is a place that has it all. Ireland has a lot going for it despite all the doom & gloom. Sometimes we just forget how good we have it here.

P.S. There must be something wrong with me today. This is actually a positive post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

I like the fact, as far from loads of peoples minds as it is, that Ireland isnt as prone to natural disasters as some other unfortunate countries
    And I like the fact it can lash rain one minute and the sweat would be drippin off you the next
    And I like our little phrases :P

things that make places interesting are the friendships and stuff like that, everywhere and anything can/would be boring if u deconstruct it enough. i dont find ireland boring AT ALL because i have fun friends who are good fun to be around, i hate the people who yearn to live in the usa because of what they see in films :mad:

i will be spending a year in lyon in the next few years if i end up doing my college course i want and while i enjoy seeing other places i definetly will want to be back in dublin, not because its better than lyon or anything but because thats where the people im friends with are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Looks like he already did. :P

i always say lol even when im actually not loling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Larkin501 wrote: »
    Do I hint sarcasm? :rolleyes:

The sarcasm detector is off the charts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Nettie

I'm home from 2 weeks in Italy.
    And it really made me realise how much I love Ireland.
    The climate's great, not too warm but not exactly freezing.
    And the people here are the best!
    Plus there's fairly good shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

The GAA. The summer. The Fleadhanna.

Thankfully, we still have real culture after the, like, you know, like, obviously, like, basically, you know, like airheads of the "Celtic Tiger" are now, like, trying, like you know, to, like, come to terms with, like you know, the Sunday Independent, like betraying them, like, and telling them, you know, that property and shopping, you know, were the new, you know, God, and, like, all those Irish who loved things like Irish culture were, like you know, backward, like, and, like, not, you know, as, like, deep as them, like you know. Dundrum Shopping Centre, Sky Sports and all the rest of it, just a flash in the pan - not the ultimate arrival destination at all after thousands of years of Irish civilisation. Shock!

In the most uncool way imaginable the GAA is still the coolest thing modern Irish society has produced. This society would be a cultural and sporting wasteland every summer without the GAA. From the thousands of flags in my village to celebrate the Under-12 side making it to the County Finals to the GAA fundraising to help a family which has been bereaved, GAA volunteers show the kindest and most compassionate side of the Irish people. Not to mention humour and colourful speech, expression and sayings.

Thank you to the tens of thousands of volunteers across this country from Ballycastle to Tralee who have made it thus, from the women who wash the jerseys to the spectators on wet December mid-week club matches to the losers in the All-Ireland Finals.

You are all heroes in a world in 2009 that has a distinct lack of heroism. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I LOVE MUNSTER RUGBY!!!

G'WAN MUNSTER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

I LOVE MUNSTER RUGBY!!!

G'WAN MUNSTER!!

I love business too. But sport, where people play without having to be paid for it, is another matter.;)

Dionysus wrote: »
    I love business too. But sport, where people play without having to be paid for it, is another matter.;)
    Are you in the GPA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

Being an island.
    The weather, because I wouldn't be able to live in a very hot country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Are you in the GPA?
    Like that there are so many different accents and being able to spot them.

Like that there are so many different accents and being able to spot them.
    ?????????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

?????????????
    Like the Meath accent and the Louth accent and the Clondalkin accent etc and the east clare accent. So many of them. can anyone tell from what part of the country is by their accent.

Advertisement