Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beans?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

congo_90 wrote: »
    Ok so to be on topic and being specific we're discussing tinned goods un-opened in a fridge which ya buy in a shop on a shelf. Unlike mayo we don't refrigerate it

:eek:

I could be wrong but I think mayo' is a form of bacteria in itself so leaving that out at room temperatures is at the very least not good but better than leaving beans/peas out.
    Commercial Mayonnaise, due to the addition of acids like vinegar or lemon juice, has a pH between 3.8 and 4.6, making it an acidic food. There is a misconception that foods like potato salad can make a person sick if left out in the sun, due to the mayonnaise spoiling. This is false; the pH of mayonnaise prevents harmful bacteria from growing in it. Left out of refrigeration, mayonnaise will develop an unappetizing taste and smell, due to other types of bacteria and moulds that can spoil it; but will not make one sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Mayo is on shelves till opened then needs refrigeration.

mayo is a sin, of foods it taste's like crap defalvours food i hate the stuff:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Mayo should be refrigerated even before opening coz when you go to make your sandwich you don't want icky warm mayo on it. Whereas there's no need to refrigerate beans before opening coz you're going to (presumably) be heating it up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Biggins wrote: »
    :eek:

I could be wrong but I think mayo' is a form of bacteria in itself so leaving it out at room temperatures is at the very least not good. Especially if left out over a long period of time.

I spread it on my sandwiches not study it. Some people have a social life hence my mobile boards and still with friends. You're off topic.. Beans in fridge or not? Hows you bacteria count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mayo is on shelves till opened then needs refrigeration.

ok???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Hows you bacteria count?

High actually. 4 Kids at the mo. They are growing like germs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Like many have said, if the tin is unopened store it in the press.

If opened ( and it states this on all tinned goods )
    Storage Instructions:

Empty unused contents into a suitable container, leave in the fridge and use it up within 2 days.

/you might thank me in Heinz sight.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

mayo is a sin, of foods it taste's like crap defalvours food i hate the stuff:mad:

Tomato ketchup is even worse, ruins the taste of food.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Like many have said, if the tin is unopened store it in the press.

If opened ( and it states this on all tinned goods )
    Storage Instructions:

Empty unused contents into a suitable container, leave in the fridge and use it up within 2 days.

/you might thank me in Heinz sight.:pac:

Dunno if these Bachelors will be all over you with thanks. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Some of said mates are on this now so yea i'm still able to go out and drink? Hey Hows the lonely screen? Ya refrigeratin your beans ok?

Yeah I am but then again deli's tend to over cook there food/Meet tot the point where it taste's and resemble that of shoe leather, so the fact that mayo adds some flavour and mosture to your "chiken Leather role ".... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

pridge!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I've called the bluff on that emptying the tin into a suitable container jibberjabba a few year ago. Went mental and risked it. Opened can of beans popped into fridge...no problem. I must have saved myself the equivelant of two dishwashers full by now (and still counting).

humberklog wrote: »
    I've called the bluff on that emptying the tin into a suitable container jibberjabba a few year ago. Went mental and risked it. Opened can of beans popped into fridge...no problem. I must have saved myself the equivelant of two dishwashers full by now (and still counting).

Yes you will be grand a lot but you might get food poisoning some time, and it always tastes tinny to me!

TheZohan wrote: »
    Tomato ketchup is even worse, ruins the taste of food.

yes again another disgusting, peace of ****oe that should be removed from susitiy?

Dunno if these Bachelors will be all over you with thanks. :pac:

Not bothered really, they would have to ketchup with me first.:pac:

If they did, things might get a bit too saucy.

Yes you will be grand a lot but you might get food poisoning some time, and it always tastes tinny to me!

I was going to suggest killing off the tinny taste with a some liver, sausages and pork chops thrown on top of the beans and then noticed you're a mod of veggieism.
    I see a lifetime of decanting and extra dishes for you I'm afraid.

Any veggies I've ever known have had a tupperware fixation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Broad

Beanz Meanz Heinz. Actually Batchelors are better. Cupboard when not opened. Fridge when opened, but not in tin, moved to plastic container of some sort.

heinze bake beans are the best tho......

I was going to suggest killing off the tinny taste with a some liver, sausages and pork chops thrown on top of the beans and then noticed you're a mod of veggieism.
    I see a lifetime of decanting and extra dishes for you I'm afraid.

Any veggies I've ever known have had a tupperware fixation.

I don;t have any tupperware, and I plan to keep it that way! Lot's of the girl veggies I know have it coming out the yazoo though.

If they did, things might get a bit too saucy.

To avoid a long winded reply, I'll just say you are spot on.:cool:

Broad wrote: »
    Actually Batchelors are better.

Ooooh nooooo and it's not subjective. That's simply wrong. Heinz are better. A simple fact of the beans world.
    In the polish shops rthey sell good beans in sauce too...the beans are huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Broad

That's simply wrong. Heinz are better. A simple fact of the beans world.
    In the polish shops rthey sell good beans in sauce too...the beans are huge.

Size isn't everything! Honest....

Batchelor's beans are the business. Plus with the added goodness of supporting local industry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Who doesn't eat a whole tin of beans at once!? Yous big girl's blouses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Good god no, batchelors all the way, they're softer. Nothing worse than a hard bean. On your plate that is.

Who doesn't eat a whole tin of beans at once!? Yous big girl's blouses!

Sh!t I'm rumbled.

• Advertisement

Sh!t I'm rumbled.

Classic reply.:D

Advertisement