Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been quoted in the media?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭terrytrent

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Damnit..
    Beat me to it

B*lls, me and all

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yup a few times.
    Have also had my picture taken for an article.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I've had several letters in the Times (all quite good, if I do say so myself).

Have been quoted in the SBP too.

Thats all.

Oh, and a few letters in local papers.

Why doesn't that surprise me?

I was interviewed by the IT when I was about two. I told them a particular exhibit somewhere was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i was once looking through my collection of old 1889 newspapers and i came across the obituary of john bright MP, rochdale statesman and mill owner, with graphic pics in it,so i phoned a rochdale newspaper to ask if there was museum who wanted it ,next thing i know i had the national press at my door taking photos,and calling me a leading victorian historion ,all i wanted to do is give them a newspaper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LOL I was quoted in one of last weeks papers calling Harney a "Stone faced useless lump".
    Amazed they actually printed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I've had some letters published in the Times, been interviewed by some local papers and had an article published in the Indo, but I've never been quoted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gill2095

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

gill2095 wrote: »
    yes

Care to expand( unless your a gaseous anomaly in which case you can contract if you like?)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I've got a parrot at home....

quotes everything I say..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I sent in a text to Spin 1038 (The Spin) and it was read out. I think the topic was about some bint who got 30 days in jail for not producing a dog licence. They wanted me to come on the show but I declined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I was misquoted in my high school year book. The original quote I'd given was deemed "inappropriate and not in the spirit of the school." They also completely fabricated a biography for me.

Advertisement