Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been quoted in the media?

Options
  • 05-07-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭

with the prevailance of lazy hacks using boards as a source of inspiration( and sometimes a source of fact) for fillin up column inches, have you ever found one of your quotes used by them? or have you ever been quoted in the media in general?

To the best of my knowledge I havent, but then again im not very controversial. *insert dead baby joke here*.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Paris Hilton quotes me all the time & stuff.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Couple of times in the SBP, but that was from interviews, not taken from here... I'd be mortified if they put two and two together :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Was in the paper for a Young Scientist thing a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Yes ,as a matter of fact .About 3 years ago I had arrived via bus from Manchester to Liverpool and on coming to the end of the motorway ,got off the bus only to see that a major traffic accident had happened on a road opposite the motorway in which tragially, a middle age womon died .It was 5 o clock in the evening ,on a dark winters night and apart from a few other people who stopped to watch the police ,paramedics and road workers clean up after the accident ,it was just me .

I was about to head off when I was approached by a womon who said she was from the Liverpool Daily Post which is the morning newspaper in the region and asked had I seen the accident ?' No ' I replied ,just the clean up .

She asked me about that particualr part of road which leads off the end of the motorway and I replied '' well there have being some major accidents there over the years because their are 3 other junctions also leading off and it's just so sad about that poor lady who died ''

She asked would I mind being quoted and I replied No , not at all , so she took my name and address

Sure enough I was in the next mornings paper with the above quote .

Suppose quoting anybody for some newspapers is better than quoting nobody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭themilkyone

I was mis-quoted in the Irish Independent when i was about 16. Did an article about parkour and skateboarding.

Asked for a retraction because the whole thing was extremely slanderous to the small Irish scene. They politely told me to stick my views and opinions where the sun don't shine. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

A few from the Leaving Cert boards were quoted... Laughable really some of the stuff they printed...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I was accused of having an affair with Martin Cullen by the Indo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I was quoted in the meath chronicle for asking a tough asylum-based question years ago when afew election hopefuls visited the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Aidric wrote: »
    I was accused of having an affair with Martin Cullen by the Indo.

So was my wife, want to split 1.9 million 50 / 50;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

for intervarsities handball:
    sportsmanship will get you a clap but it will never get you a cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

I often write letters to the Independent but I've never been quoted by a newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't get quoted from boards, but I've been interviewed a good few times on various topics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I sent a joke into the Beano once and it got printed.

Does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

same, interviews.

had a few quotes taken off a different forum before alright though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Yup, this thread/poll of mine was used as an actual article in The Star

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055000952

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

No

I've never even made a post worth quoting later on in a thread on the boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Dartz wrote: »
    No

I've never even made a post worth quoting later on in a thread on the boards.

That's true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes, many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

phasers wrote: »
    I don't get quoted from boards, but I've been interviewed a good few times on various topics

Quoted now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Not so much in the media, but you know those school annual things, where they ask you to detail some information about what you have done since leaving school... Well I wrote that I was the Tipperary arm wrestling champion and they printed it. I laughed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Not counting my local papers who will quote anyone on any subject just to keep the word count up, i started a thread on here and AAM on the same topic, it got some surprise responses and through up some information that most people didn't know. A couple of days later the exact same content was in the indo, i guessed it wasn't coincident.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Quoted now.:D
    Am I famous now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I was quoted in several prominent newspapers about 2 years ago.
    The defendant replied "Not guilty your honour"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Walking through London one day and was stopped by the BBC for an interview.......

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Walking through London one day and was stopped by the BBC for an interview.......
    I hope you told the bastards fuck all seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Eglinton wrote: »
    Yup, this thread/poll of mine was used as an actual article in The Star

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055000952
    I had a film thread used verbatim by some DJ (Matt Cooper?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

i was in bombay last week the morning michael jackson died,jogging along marine drive,(walking the last few minutes actually) when a camera crew and stopped me and the reporter asks me "we are looking to get peoples opinion on the death of michael jackson, how do you feel"
    me: "good riddance"
    reporter: "no,no,no.we are looking to get peoples opinion on the death of michael jackson"
    me: " yeah,i'm glad ,good riddance"
    reporter,horrified : "no,no,not glad"
    me: "he was a paedohile.today there's one less paedophile in the world.f*ck 'im"
    i walk off leaving open mouthed reporter behind.
    i dont think i made the telly. i'd probably have been lynched.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

I have a lot of respect for you giving them your oppinion. I know a lot of people who will bullsh1t any amount when a camera/reporter is infront of them.

I've been on the radio loads of times, most nights i can get at least one text read out and i was on the telephone a few weeks ago talking on air. man i love I102-104 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yes, I said no comment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

wudangclan wrote: »
    i was in bombay last week the morning michael jackson died,jogging along marine drive,(walking the last few minutes actually) when a camera crew and stopped me and the reporter asks me "we are looking to get peoples opinion on the death of michael jackson, how do you feel"
    me: "good riddance"
    reporter: "no,no,no.we are looking to get peoples opinion on the death of michael jackson"
    me: " yeah,i'm glad ,good riddance"
    reporter,horrified : "no,no,not glad"
    me: "he was a paedophile.today there's one less paedophile in the world.f*ck 'im"

LOL Next time you run, run for election! Ya just got my vote! :D

Advertisement