Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been quoted in the media?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Biggins wrote: »
    LOL Next time you run, run for election! Ya just got my vote! :D

S'funny with all your gubberment related posts and threads i thought your criteria for a candidate would be a bit more rigorous than "doesn't know the meaning of the words not guilty"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ahmed.baher

There was an item on Matt Cooper where the statement was made
    "For every bit of coke you do, some guy gets shot in Ballyfermot"
    My text was
    "So every time I do coke, some scumbag gets shot?
    Where's the drawback?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

S'funny with all your gubberment related posts and threads i thought your criteria for a candidate would be a bit more rigorous than "doesn't know the meaning of the words not guilty"
    With the greatest of respect to yourself thelordofcheese:

Material for a separate thread (and to be honest its all be gone over before many times and will be so again) and at this stage I'm sick of hearing about "Michael Jackson".
    I don't care/mind what he was found guilty of or not, under American eyes. Half the time a lot are too blinded by money, false values of stardom, glitz and the power of the media so I don't exactly trust the American justice scales to be any way equal balanced at all.
    Long short, he by his own words "liked to sleep with kids" and did so for years - in a hidden room for fraks sake placed behind large wardrobes.
    Thats why the above gets my vote! Its to do with sleeping with kids for years.

Amazing how some Jackson fans have short memories, especially those in this country when up to three weeks ago we were all up in arms about kids being abused and used as play toys (just like Jackson?) for decades at the hands of the clergy and co!
    Enough said. Its all material for a SEPARATE thread. Back to the topic for this thread...

I've been quoted on TV, radio, newspapers, etc for some time now.
    Last TV appearance was last week on TV3. Last quoted in the newspapers, multiple times during the week in a number of papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I don't care what he was guilty of or not, under American eyes. Half the time a lot are too blinded by money, false values of stardom, glitz and the power of the media.

Good thing we have the court of your opinion for when the stupid yanks don't do things right.

Surprised they can actually get dressed by themselves.....

...Surprised they can actually get dressed by themselves.....

Most can, the odd person is lucky if they find their other missing glove!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I was interviewed the day the PS2 came out walking to work on Grafton street for one of the radio stations. Asking if I though the price was fair, 280 notes if I remember correctly. Don't know if they used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

ironclaw wrote: »
    A few from the Leaving Cert boards were quoted... Laughable really some of the stuff they printed...

I got quoted in the Irish Times during the oul' LC.

They also (mis)quoted my blog during it a good few times, made me out to be a total dosser.
    Which, I guess, isn't too far from the truth.. really.
    But still.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

With the greatest of respect to yourself thelordofcheese:

Material for a separate thread (and to be honest its all be gone over before many times and will be so again) and at this stage I'm sick of hearing about "Michael Jackson".
    I don't care/mind what he was found guilty of or not, under American eyes. Half the time a lot are too blinded by money, false values of stardom, glitz and the power of the media so I don't exactly trust the American justice scales to be any way equal balanced at all.
    Long short, he by his own words "liked to sleep with kids" and did so for years - in a hidden room for fraks sake placed behind large wardrobes.
    Thats why the above gets my vote! Its to do with sleeping with kids for years.

Amazing how some Jackson fans have short memories, especially those in this country when up to three weeks ago we were all up in arms about kids being abused and used as play toys (just like Jackson?) for decades at the hands of the clergy and co!
    Enough said. Its all material for a SEPARATE thread. Back to the topic for this thread...

I've been quoted on TV, radio, newspapers, etc for some time now.
    Last TV appearance was last week on TV3. Last quoted in the newspapers, multiple times during the week in a number of papers.

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Who are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The information requested is available in my sig.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've occasionally been in the media :)

The topic is really interesting to me though, Boards used to turn up in the papers the odd time (and the admins would scan the page and mail it to each other). Lately its been every other day and its yawnsville.
    There is a subtle shift though; Boards used to BE the news item, now we are quoted as the "source". We arent a news source... we dont research stuff. At best we should be a source of leads but lazy journalism (or "churnalism" as I like to call it) means its quicker to get down the Elephant and Castle if you simply reheat boards stories then if you actually do a Bernstein and Woodward on it.

Pretty soon I think you will see some newspapers online editions' front page being a link to boards reading "its over there, read it for yourselves".... :rolleyes:

DeV.

At the moment, a parent who won't go away quietly when the government makes cuts to children's health care. Thats all.

(Been quoted on a number of issues over years from politics, work to places/predicaments I've found myself in and have the body scars to prove it lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Interviewd/quoted many times by different newspapers while coaching back in the States.

I was misquoted two years ago in regards to the bridge collapse in Minnesota.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

Made it on to radio and in the tabloids when that cnut Harney reneged on the HPV vaccine.
    Next appearance will be dancing on her political grave when the bitch is gone and all we have left is a memory of how our children used to be healthy and well educated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Had words put in my mouth and imaginary quotes made up by a local newspaper when I got my leaving results. That's it I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Was 'quoted' several times when the company I worked for at the time 'bought' several inches of newspaper columns, along with several 'unbiased' magazine articles.

Turns out that 'de media' are 'whores'.

Who woulda known :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Had an article printed based around an e-mail rant I sent to John Meagher in the Indo about I-pods breaking. It was funny to read but embarrassing all the same. He wanted feedback about people's problems with I-pods and I let off some steam. It was a full page long piece and had a good few quotes from me.
    Of course the media being the media there were pure lies in it, like him saying I was from Limerick - Tut. The media are always twisting the information to sell more papers :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Couple of interviews in the paper as a result of my being a troop commander. A few quotes in books about tanks, to include one chapter in "War stories of American Tankers." Only time I've been quoted from my web postings was an unattributed comment about the Chieftain tank I made on tank-net.org. Published an two-part article in An Cosantoir.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

Soon to be quoted in the 'Irish Concrete Magazine'. I lead such a glamorous life....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

DeVore wrote: »
    "churnalism"

been reading flat earth news, Dev? :)

Yes, the use of Boards as a source of news when we do not have any QA here (which is no fault of boards, it's the nature of the discussion beast) is a very bad thing for Irish Journalism.

(Quote THAT, I dares ya :D )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cassidy1

Once only when i was doing a local competition at the summer festival, thats it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I often write letters to the Independent but I've never been quoted by a newspaper.
    I've had several letters in the Times (all quite good, if I do say so myself).

Have been quoted in the SBP too.

Thats all.

Oh, and a few letters in local papers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've appeared several times in the Sunday Business Post, also the Technology section of the Times. Although not quoted, my bands been in Hot Press.

But do you know, the only time more than 1 or 2 people have commented on me being in the newspaper?

The sodding Northside People!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

The telegraph ran an article about my trip to pripyat and used my photos on thier website. Ive also had requests to use my photos in a book which is cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I had two letters printed in the Irish Post and also won a few competitions ie, football tickets , books , with the same paper .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I've had two scientific articles published based on my research. Also been in some science magazines. Never been quoted on tv but I was in a documentary pretending to do labwork in this stupid eerie blue light that documentary producers insist on using to make labs look more "sciency".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Just remembered I was printed in the Melody Maker years ago. They asked me a few questions about a new Oasis song they played me over the phone and asked my opinion on it. I was big into them at the time and I was very disappointed, something that has not changed to this day from then on. I told them it was crap and backed it up as to why - everyone else questioned Raved about it.
    The album came out to lacklustre reviews - I was happy in my negativity.

Oh and they printed a pic of me with it. Still cringe looking at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055566064

I think there's a small chance here that some hack had an easy day with his article!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

ScumLord wrote: »
    Yes, I said no comment.

Damnit..
    Beat me to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭terrytrent

Yes. "No comment"

Advertisement