Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easiet non nationals to get along with

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

i'll say this when you're on holiday, the people i'd be most likely drawn to are the dutch, the ones i've been friends with are hilarious, i even speak to them still on msn :)

Actually yeah! The dutch are dead sound, have never met a bad one yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jimmid098

or understood one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

must say that my perception of white south africans has changed over the years, during the apartheid years i taught of them as arrogant assh&les...but the ones ive met over here have been very nice & pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Anyone who's said English is lying.

English protestants are ****heads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Hard to say I think best non-nationals would be
    Americans- Because they seem to love the Irish
    Australians- Ah they're great crack to be around
    Canadians- They're down to earth
    Scottish- I think we understand each other
    English- Can't say I've met anyone from England who was ever a jerk
    Anyone who's said English is lying.

English protestants are ****heads

TBH most English are sound people, just don't bring up politics or history and they're great fun to be around

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »

Hi, I'm Tom...

EDIT: Fair enough If you think that, I just find wherever I go in the world, people are much much more polite/friendly/generally nicer than they are here. English whinge constantly.

Friendliest place I've been was America... they're amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I think every country has there good and bad. The missus is polish, great family to be around, a lot like irish and my family, but they fell out wit another polish family over them ridin social. There is bad people in every nationality. I used to hate latvians because of what friends said about them. But iv worked wit really nice ones. I could say iv found australians ignorant but iv only met 3. 2 yes ignorant, 1 was great. I tend not to tar all wit one brush, but them romanians.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Hard to say I think best non-nationals would be
    Americans- Because they seem to love the Irish
    Australians- Ah they're great crack to be around
    Canadians- They're down to earth
    Scottish- I think we understand each other

TBH most English are sound people, just don't bring up politics or history and they're great fun to be around

a really unique list:rolleyes: just so happens all the nations u name happen to be english speaking. bet u never even met any of these nationalities and are judging it from some fat bitches you chatted to online.

irish people are ignorant fools tbh and im irish.

do scottish people even live in ireland? very doubtful never even heard one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

The Dutch and Swedish, hands down!

a really unique list:rolleyes: just so happens all the nations u name happen to be english speaking. bet u never even met any of these nationalities and are judging it from some fat bitches you chatted to online.

You seem friendly....

What's wrong with his their list consisting of all english-speaking nations? It's very hard to gage the personality of a person with whom you don't share a language with... sure if someone was talking to me in Swahili, how would I know if they were greeting me or threatening to kill me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

At least they gave a better answer compare to your post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

Indeed, says the chap labelling a whole country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Damo1174

The Romanians are great crack. Ya couldnt meet a better lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

brummytom wrote: »

English whinge constantly

no, thats just the brummies with their moany accent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Yeah, there's a fair proportion of them up north; you usually see them marching up and down in silly hats on the 12th of July and burning Romanians out of their homes.

fryup wrote: »
    no, thats just the brummies with their moany accent

If that wasn't true, I'd be very offended.

It's only now I notice all of my posts in this thread have been moany

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

'Non national' is technically Tom Hanks in The Terminal :D

"Krakozhia!"

'Non national' is technically Tom Hanks in The Terminal :D

"Krakozhia!"

Love that film, I shouldn't because it's cack, but I do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

peasant wrote: »
    Anyone but Germans ...arrogant, humourless, condescending :rolleyes:

:D:D

Ouch, I am German and I am none of these things YET a lot of people actually still think we are some sort of semi -nazis and have no humour because of our tough-sounding accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Yeah, there's a fair proportion of them up north; you usually see them marching up and down in silly hats on the 12th of July and burning Romanians out of their homes.

there'll be a lot more of these kind of actions to come in the future with the way things are going..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Americans, Germans and English people I've always had good experiences with. I find Spaniards and Portuguese to be hardest to get along with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 pelacho

i think Nigerians. any i have met have been polite, friendly and just honest to goodness hard working folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

pelacho wrote: »
    i think Nigerians. any i have met have been polite, friendly and just honest to goodness hard working folk.

It's true, there ain't no folk straighter than Nigerian folk.
    Now if you'll excuse me some chap from Abuja has just contacted me with a rather enticing investment opportunity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

pelacho wrote: »

Ehhhh yeah... sure.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Brazilians hands down and they are hot to.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hands down it's the Americans.

You got a problem with that ? :cool:
    aww. You're pandering. But thanks. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

i like cheese

they only reach up to your knees

(before I get barred for racism tis a monty python song)

i am scottish my wife and kids are irish and i grew up in england like a lot of people are saying it really does not matter what nationality you are nor your colour or ethnic back ground if your an ass your an ass:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭weird

ha ha ha! Best post evar!

• Advertisement

weird wrote: »
    ha ha ha! Best post evar!
    or worst depending on how backward you are dont believe the hype my friend:(

Advertisement