Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easiet non nationals to get along with

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I find people from The Faroe Islands are usually the soundest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Roscommon people are harmless enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Anyone who mentioned Canadians doesn't know what they're talkin' aboot

I hire my help from Guam, never had a problem with thuam

*spits marbles oot of mooth*

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

hmmm:rolleyes:... i get on with any of them that are on holiday here...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Anyone who mentioned Canadians doesn't know what they're talkin' aboot

Canadians Rock,.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

The people of Lesbia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

this thread is so stupid, i mean when making friends with someone u hardly think that makes their nationality the easiest to get on with, my best friend is libyan, i hardly think libyans are the best to get on with??? altho this being a internet forum most of ya live in cloud cookoo land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Brainy people with an intellectual and cultural view beyond their garden fence.
    Hard to find over here, though.
    WHY?

galwayrush wrote: »
    Roscommon people are harmless enough.

BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!

this thread is so stupid, i mean when making friends with someone u hardly think that makes their nationality the easiest to get on with, my best friend is libyan, i hardly think libyans are the best to get on with??? altho this being a internet forum most of ya live in cloud cookoo land

Harold??!!!?? Where's Kumar????

Sorry! I couldn't resist! :pac:

*Hangs head in shame*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wingknot

palaver wrote: »
    WHY?

someone with an axe to grind ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

WHY?
    wingknot wrote: »
    someone with an axe to grind ?

No. Why? Your'e one of them who doesn't fit the bill? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wingknot

No. Why? Your'e one of them who doesn't fit the bill? :rolleyes:

shorted sighted with no imagination :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

love those polish girls

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

out of towners or those who just went for a swim..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

romas, hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Who knows, look at Kerry people!

Derry and Strabane Muckers are the worst.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I don't know if they're the easiest to get on with, as in have a laugh and a bit of craic with, but I have nothing bad to say about ANY Japanese person I've met (quite a few), which is a lot more than I can say about most other nationalities.

More generally, I get on with Northern Europeans: Scandinavians, Germans, Austrians, Swiss, Brits, Benelux. The Slavs I've met have been quite nice too. Don't really go for Latin Europeans, though I'm sure there'd be some I'd get on with.

I don't seem to get along with Australians and NZers. US Americans I could do without. Canadians are OK, though I've only met a few. Chinese are a mixed bag - generally good to have a laugh with, but not very open-minded. SE Asians are great: Malaysia, Philippines. Koreans too. Latin Americans are grand; Brazilians are great.

Anywhere I've missed out!?

Aard wrote: »
    Anywhere I've missed out!?

Uranians?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I help non-nationals with their tax returns , and believe me they are been screwed by the revenue office here .

some have 2 jobs , some on emergency tax on 2nd job................most pay rent , and dont claim ...........

To answer your question, we get on very well with all non-nationals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I find most non nationals fairly easy to get on because they don't have the amount of traffic the national roads get.
    But really shouldn't this be in motoring? :confused: <(:rolleyes:)>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Oh right, I see where you were going with this oap.

Well most of them are fine with a couple of exceptions :-
    Olympians are very competitive, Plutonians are so distant, Atlantians wishy washy, Martians a bit aggressive, Pompeiians stony, Zombies vacant, Sodomites a real pain in the ass and Marathonians just run you in to the ground, not to mention raceist. (sic)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Middle Class English > nicest race of people on the planet imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 collgal

"non-national" is a label that originated in the UK where their political correct mob thought that calling someone a "foreigner" was being racist. Like somone said earlier there are very few people who are not nationals of some country!!
    Now that the lecture is over, I think theres good and bad in all nationalities. Have come across many irish people that I wish were non-nationals!!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Canadians.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The Polish can be great craic, IF they are the integrating type.

The Mauritians are deadly. They'd give you the bite out of their mouth.

Ze Germans, they are actually not as un-fun as everyone thinks, they just have a different temperment.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Italians & Russians

The Polish can be great craic, IF they are the integrating type.

The Mauritians are deadly. They'd give you the bite out of their mouth.

Ze Germans, they are actually not as un-fun as everyone thinks, they just have a different temperment.

British Propaganda coming from the second world war I think, although I'm happy to say the stereotype hasn't just infiltrated irish peoples minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yeah I'd say Americans too, or Canadians.

Of those two, I'd say Canadians. At least there's no risk of them invading us if we piss them off or if they get paranoid!

Joking aside, I've met people from over 50 different countries (mostly due to my job), and there is a complete mix of personalities....most I liked, and some I didn't. But...someone being from a specific country doesn't guarantee that they are going to be easy to get along with.

• Advertisement

i'll say this when you're on holiday, the people i'd be most likely drawn to are the dutch, the ones i've been friends with are hilarious, i even speak to them still on msn :)

Advertisement