Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

double barrel sur- names

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I think of them as most strange. I've decided that people can only have one surname as it makes them seem more human.

All those with such names have until July 20th to choose a name. If you fail to notify us of your choice, you will be assigned a number. Possibly complex numbers, just to mix it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I don't have a surname according to my birth cert.. I win thread :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

ya learn somethin new every d-day

about the normandy landings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Tara Loughrey Grant - most annoying double barrel name I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I don't have a surname according to my birth cert.. I win thread :cool:

Cher ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

beerbaron wrote: »
    Cher ?

I think it's Bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I work in research and I have published stuff under my name. So if/when I get married, it would be really bad career-wise to drop my name. So if I have kids I would like them to have a double-barreled name cos then they would have my name too... (although it won't sound too nice in combination with the surname of my OH...bah)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

you can use the same name twice like phil and garry nevils[manu and everton footballers]dad he is named nevil nevil,or like my mothers maiden name dear love , or austin healy[like that old car] from rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

the only time you should have a double barrel name is when its a shotgun wedding

Advertisement