Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any decent sick excuses?!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

work related stress
    This is probably your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

dotsman wrote: »
    It's one of your basic rights to get annual leave. It's not one of your basic rights that you can take annual leave whenever you feel like it. In most jobs, it is at the discretion of your manager as to when you take it (ie the manager needs to make sure that there are enough people around to staff the office/shop/factory/whatever at any given time).

You're right, I didn't consider someone who works in a place where this is their busiest time of year or everyone going on holidays during the summer would jeopardise staff levels.

Sucks for you OP.
    I'd go with some sort of terrible back complaint...difficult to diagnose back pain or disprove it. The tan is still gonna get you fired though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Your only other option would be to talk to your manager and say you already had it booked, tried to cancel but couldn't and would it be alright to get the leave as an exception.

Unless he/she is a real arse, they'll make the exception with a bit of a bollocking most likely in front of everyone else so they don't seem like a soft touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Your ****ed !

Best thing is to come clean and explain how you might have booked the holiday depsite not haveing time off.

or cancel it and take the deposit on the chin.

Or get a union representative to smooth things out.

DO not try pull a sickie as you will not win, and they will sack you for gross dishonesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I meant in that it would be hard to get one. Doctors seem very at ease handing them out.. well my doctor defo does. I was kinda shocked.

I always claimed to have a tight chest and felt tired all the time = chest infection cert from 90% of the doctors Iv gone to :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

should of booking one week, would've been easier to swing that

op just 'fess up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Out of interest, where are you going OP?

Oh, and also out of interest...where do you work?
    It's just that i'd like to give some friends or relatives who are out of work a heads up on a vacancy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd say doing this for a few hours straight would be a decent excuse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just tell them you've suddenly become fatally alergic to doors and so you're unable to leave your house. Doctor said it should go away in a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If you do this, dont go sticking info up on your facebook etc.... That would be triple stupid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Zombies ate my brain

Right, but any good excuses for the OP. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Call in dead.

That never works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

tech77 wrote: »
    That never works.
    obviously havent tried it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

ok so long story short: not allowed take hols from work but i booked one anyway for 2 weeks which means im likely to be fired!! any excuses you can come up with to call in sick that might be believable???!!!

Tell them you have a prolapsed vagina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

2nd last day of work u could complain of bad pains and back pain go to doctor get a cert say it cud be stress from work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Your brother in Ibiza needs an urgent kidney transplant...sorted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

'My dog ate my home-work-place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

"I lost my arms in 'nam". That's the only thing for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

oh hey listen mate say u got dodgy chinese,ur dyin sick on the toilet every night of the week u havnt got a clue whats up with u and u think its contageous all the family on the bog 24/7 heheheheheheahahahhahahaha nice 1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sinus Infection. Works a charm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

ok so long story short: not allowed take hols from work but i booked one anyway for 2 weeks which means im likely to be fired!! any excuses you can come up with to call in sick that might be believable???!!!

Give your job to someone else who deserves it. You should be ashamed of yourself in the current economic climate. Hang your head in shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

oh hey listen mate say u got dodgy chinese,ur dyin sick on the toilet every night of the week u havnt got a clue whats up with u and u think its contageous all the family on the bog 24/7 heheheheheheahahahhahahaha nice 1

Ease up on the "u"s and "ur"s. It's defo a slippery slope from there to full blown txt spk. hehehehahahahohoho

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

Me: Sorry boss i wont be in today
    Boss: Why not?
    Me: I'm sick
    Boss: How sick are you?
    Me: I'm in bed shagging my sister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

javaboy wrote: »
    Ease up on the "u"s and "ur"s. It's DEFO a slippery slope from there to full blown txt spk. hehehehahahahohoho

good one mate :D:D:D:D heheheh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

consultech wrote: »
    "I lost my arms in 'nam". That's the only thing for it!

"I lost my arm in ham. "Seriously, it went into a whole ham!"
    They won't think you're telling porkies with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

To be honest id say that i had an std- and if they say they want a sick note say " i dont want the staff knowing about this how you think it felt telling my parents"

then id make vomiting noises\

PS- that was serious not trying to be funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

good one mate :D:D:D:D heheheh

I'm so confused, the post was willing bad but the edit is spongy and bruised hilarious!Who to thank? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Ruu wrote: »
    Give your job to someone else who deserves it. You should be ashamed of yourself in the current economic climate. Hang your head in shame!

Woah! Being given out to by Ruu? That's like the Werther's Original man telling you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Some of us are genuinely unwell from time to time, and trying to come up with a genuine excuse for being not able to attend work actually offends me, and people Im sure who are genuinely unwell from time to time.... im unwell every so often, and people who pretend to be unwell just makes people who are genuinely unwell seem like "Frauds", so i dont really appreciate you post.

I am a genuinely nice girl but post like this make me angry, i am treated terribly at work, and am about to start legal proceedings because of how I have been treated at work because of a disability I have, because I have a genuine disability, and people who place posts like this do not help or improve the situation at work for people who are genuinely unwell.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You've come down with a sudden bout of homicidal mania, plus you have to attend some funerals.

Advertisement