Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

When I was a rugby player player Brian O' Driscoll was very rude to me.

He would never stop for a chat. Always flying past me with no time to stop for a nice chat.

I am drunk. This is meant to be funny. laugh you barsyewards !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

i saw Bob Geldof rudely brush off an old ladies request for a signature!
    I also saw colin Montgomerie do much the same, and very few people about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

darkdubh wrote: »
    A friend went to Brian O Driscolls book signing in Limerick yesterday.He said everyone was told beforehand not to engage him in smalltalk or to try and shake his hand.He got his book signed and because hes a huge fan he said to him how he admires him as a sportsman and that hes followed his career since his debut.He said BOD just gave him a dirty look and said nothing.
    In fairness, if everyone stopped for a chat the line would never end, and if he was to engage one person then there's nothing to stop those behind going "Ah sure he got a bit of chat out of him, maybe he'll talk to me as well".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Vojera wrote: »
    In fairness, if everyone stopped for a chat the line would never end, and if he was to engage one person then there's nothing to stop those behind going "Ah sure he got a bit of chat out of him, maybe he'll talk to me as well".

Maybe so.But he could at least have given some acknowledgement like a nod or something at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Maybe so.But he could at least have given some acknowledgement like a nod or something at the very least.
    yeah i agree, i've been to some meet and greets and always find that most people only say the minimum, and the "stars" are usually grateful and acknowledge them.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

fullstop wrote: »
    Probably asked not to engage him to keep things moving. Any time I've seen BOD out and about, he's been happy to chat to random people approaching him.

Hes popped up in this thread quite a bit.Maybe he has more "off" days than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Met Rory McGrath out in dublin a couple of years ago. At the time I was reading his book, Bearded Tit. He was am obnoxious c0ck. Never finished the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

for every gob****e so called celebrity there are a few who take the time to chat, a few who i saw make an effort to mix without the cameras on them included Mick Jagger, Debbie Harry,Steve Davis,Kevin Kline, Mick Foley,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

A friend went to Brian O Driscolls book signing in Limerick yesterday.He said everyone was told beforehand not to engage him in smalltalk or to try and shake his hand.He got his book signed and because hes a huge fan he said to him how he admires him as a sportsman and that hes followed his career since his debut.He said BOD just gave him a dirty look and said nothing.On a funnier note my friend said someone whom hes almost certain was that crazy dancing priest who gatecrashed the Olympics marathon a few years back tried to jump the queue and had a really rubbish drawing of O Driscoll in his hand.

Met him at Oxygen about 10 years ago and he was sound as a pound, had no problem chatting me an my mates

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Met Rory McGrath out in dublin a couple of years ago. At the time I was reading his book, Bearded Tit. He was am obnoxious c0ck. Never finished the book.

He seems to be a complete head the ball.Violent too going by this.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/jul/05/rory-mcgrath-caution-police-drunken-assault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

He seems to be a complete head the ball.Violent too going by this.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/jul/05/rory-mcgrath-caution-police-drunken-assault

Actually, come to think of it, he was well on the night I met him - gave me that look like he was going to clock me. An utter kn0b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Pinch Flat wrote: »

I have never heard a good word said about this guy. (He came up a lot in a similar thread on a different forum (different website))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

chrysagon wrote: »
    for every gob****e so called celebrity there are a few who take the time to chat, a few who i saw make an effort to mix without the cameras on them included Mick Jagger, Debbie Harry,Steve Davis,Kevin Kline, Mick Foley,

Where do you work?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dani27

Na he's just not a nice person is all I'll say

Twink!!!

dani27 wrote: »
    Twink!!!

Hes talking about some wrestler or cage fighter or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dani27

Hes talking about some wrestler or cage fighter or something like that.

Ooopps I meant to say think was the rudest beeyyatch I ever worked with. Accidentally had quoted the above poster.

dani27 wrote: »
    Ooopps I meant to say think was the rudest beeyyatch I ever worked with. Accidentally had quoted the above poster.

By just posting her name and nothing else?We're not all psychic on here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

By just posting her name and nothing else?We're not all psychic on here.

See post #2. ;)

suzieb wrote: »
    Oh I've got a few rude ones.

Brian O Driscoll-met him after Leinster game in Kiely's about 8 years ago and was really stuck up when tried to talk to him,had a load of rugger huggers hanging out of him so he had no interest in talking to me!

Bono-I dont like him anyway but was at a Damien Dempsey gig in small pub over southside about 2 years ago and him and the edge came in,they blocked off a whole section and had security guards all around them and bono sat with glasses on and ignored people asking for his photo. (why go to a small pub like that when you know so many people are U2 fans and its a big thing for them to see him there).

Heard Ronan O Gara is quite rude from a few people but could be due to shyness.

That big wagon that used to be on Emmerdale playing Mandy Dingle. I used to like her character in the programme and seen her in The Palace on Camden st when I was about 18 and went up to talk to her thinking she'd be good laugh and about 10 of her mates(all gay men and very bitchy towards me and my friend) told me not to come near her and she just kept looking at me like I was dirt.

Met Elijah Wood outside Trocadero having a smoke and got a pic with him-very nice and friendly.

Pharrell Williams after a gig and was lovely guy,got photo with him and he was so sweet to me considering I was crying like an idiot!

When I was younger used to love boyzone and they lived relatively near to me so we visited all their houses in a few days when knew they were in country...everyone really nice except mikey graham,his parents were lovely and brought us into house to show us discs and that but when he came home he blanked us and wouldnt get photo with us or sign autographs.
    Seen him about month ago and he was dying for someone to notice him!

Bryan Mc Fadden meant to be pretty nice,whenever hes back in Dublin he goes to eat where the b/f works and he always says he's friendly,he seems to just like being back where he grew up where no one bats an eyelid at him(saying that hes not as well known as he used to be).

Met Paul Mc Grath and Liam Brady a good few times when was a kid,still have the pics,they were very nice to us back then.

Have a few more just cant think offhand!

Was he the guy with the receding hairline who looked way older than the rest of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Who would want geldof's autograph?

• Advertisement

Was he the guy with the receding hairline who looked way older than the rest of them?
    Lucky he didn't take a bat to them!

Yep.

mike_graham_2010_02_18.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Who would want geldof's autograph?

Never understood the whole autograph thing. A scrawl on a bit of paper errr no thks

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

KillerKity wrote: »
    Kian from westlife-tool! Myself and a few friends were in a Sligo niteclub when he comes stumbling towards us, puts his arms around two of us and insists someone takes a photo while being loud and lary! We politely posed with him, made a quick exit and deleted the photo after :pac:

Ha! Brilliant if true. The definition of the word deluded up there in Quotations lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Never understood the whole autograph thing. A scrawl on a bit of paper errr no thks

Yeah, it's just pedestalising celebrities - they're just human people!

glen Danzig splits the back stage pass people into male and female and the males are given a danzig mug and shown to the exit

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SepTomBer

Kristin Cavallari

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

SepTomBer wrote: »
    Kristin Cavallari

Where did you meet Kristin Cavallari?!

SepTomBer wrote: »
    Kristin Cavallari

Tell us about your meeting with her and how she was rude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SepTomBer

Saw her at Starbucks.. my cousin ask for an autograph but she ignore it and rolled her eyes.

Advertisement