Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Ronan Keating - Few times genuinely always been so polite and 'normal' dare i say it. Was in same place having lunch as him one day, about 7 or 8 years back when he was at his peak and all through his lunch(with his family) kids and their parents were coming up getting autographs and pictures. He didnt seem to mind at all. Few other times met out, he was always very polite.

Nicky Byrne was a tool when i met him but thhat was forever ago.

Shane Lynch was very polite.

Larry Mullen - Nicest guy ever.

Gay Byrne - Sound

Brian Kennedy - Very nice.

Kian Egan - Met him on golf course one day. Par 3, him and a few mates of his, me and a few mates of mine. Very sound and good laugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Shook Bill Clinton's hand and he said hi! completely starstruck and he was surrounded by bodyguards. Nevertheless he was very friendly and not rude at all.

Amy Huberman(Brian O'Driscoll's wife) also really polite.
    I hope you put him at ease coz its not everyday he'd run in to the likes of you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Mick Lally kicked me in the goolies.

Can I have this on a T-Shirt please?

Was an extra in a movie with James McAvoy - he seemed pretty grumpy (although probably stressed) during takes, kept arguing with the director about how a scene should be shot. Also got really uppity at lunch about making sure a woman and pram got through a door, throwing his arm back at us in case we'd forget the most basic of social interactions and politeness and walk on the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Did you see the England game in '88?

Everything was right at him. He cost us more than he saved. v Italy 1990, absolute rubbish he was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Luis21 wrote: »
    Everything was right at him. He cost us more than he saved. v Italy 1990, absolute rubbish he was.

Ah stop, he wasn't at fault in Italia '90. One error and only conceded three goals in five games in a World Cup and you slate him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarahz

Convention geek here, oh the shame :P

Not so nice people:

. Amanda Seyfried - So rude to me and most of her fans. Humility is definitely needed. Or a slap!
    . Kat Dennings - for someone who got about two lines in 'Thor', she certainly has a big ego. Told a young girl to "**** off". Charming little twat!
    . January Jones - she reluctantly got dragged to promote X-men, I would guess. Horrible attitude, kinda scary actually :D

Nice People:
    . Chris Hemsworth - Friendly, funny and polite - wanted to do naughty things to him :D
    . James McAvoy - just awesome, a proper gent.
    . Lucy Lawless - a lovely lady.
    . Lena Headey and Shirley Manson - both are very funny, slightly crazy and bloody lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

Derek Mooney. complete and utter diva. What annoys me is that he acts so nice on TV, like butter wouldn't melt. Cnut.

Derek Mooney, real diva attitude and demanding and plays the big celebrity in front of his friends trying to show off who he is. Came across him in work a couple of times, not a nice person and everyone else cringes when they see him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

HECTOR! HECTOR! HECTOR! i know someone who met him. Supposed to be very rude, suffers from 'up his own hole a bit syndrome' and a bit of a perv too, apparently. I always thought he would have been one of the sound ones:confused:

MEAS MOR AG DUL AMACH GO DTI AN BLA BLA POSSE! ARSEHOLE'E!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

Keanooo, this is a forum for the discussion of celebrities.

If you have a problem with site Mods or how this site is run then please take it up with the Admins.

Xzanti

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

I met Derek Mooney a couple of times in the George and once in the Dragon. He seemed very stuck up and wouldn't dance with anyone...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

bit suprised to read about the carry on of liam brady and packie bonner! BASTARDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Pavel nedved very ignorent person.

bit suprised to read about the carry on of liam brady and packie bonner! BASTARDS!

I live in Glasgow, Packie is known as a complete ignorant a*se here. Shame cause I was a keeper growing up and absolutely idolised him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Tommy Tiernan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Ronan O Gara

Seriously he always came across as a genuine nice guy to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

lucozader wrote: »
    I met Derek Mooney a couple of times in the George and once in the Dragon. He seemed very stuck up and wouldn't dance with anyone...

Did you ever think that might have something to do with him being gay:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Most of the celebs I've met have been really nice. Gary Oldman and Alan Rickman each hung around for a bit, talked to people, took photos, signed autographs. And the two nicest were Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anne Hathaway. They were both really sound, down to earth people, each kind of quirky.

I did have a strange encounter with Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. In fairness, he was not rude to me. But when I saw him, I was coming in and he was going out and he was yelling at someone. We were walking towards each other and he didn't noticed me until he was almost on top of me. Then he made eye contact, stopped yelling, and apologized to me, then ran off to catch whomever he was yelling at. I was sort of flabbergasted, not because he was yelling, but just because I'd had a random encounter with Steven Tyler, and when I went to the front desk I asked, "Is that...?" and the girl answered, "Yes, and he's not having a good day!"

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Plentyofice

J P mcManus.
    Thorough gentleman. had a horse once that beat a hot one of his. He went out of his way to congratulate me. That said he tried to buy the horse after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

J P mcManus.
    Thorough gentleman. had a horse once that beat a hot one of his. He went out of his way to congratulate me. That said he tried to buy the horse after :D

Agree, met him at his golf tournament in Adare, was very nice and he had time for everyone that approached him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mullins110

Lothar Matthaeus. Asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Jonathan Davis from Korn, was a prick when I saw him.

I've been treated very well from others I've had the chance to meet. One of the nicest was Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

HECTOR! HECTOR! HECTOR! i know someone who met him. Supposed to be very rude, suffers from 'up his own hole a bit syndrome' and a bit of a perv too, apparently. I always thought he would have been one of the sound ones:confused:

He's actually really sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

He's actually really sound.
    I met him years ago, when he was purely a TnaG fella. He was lovely.
    Haven't liked him since he turned into a RTE/2FM moron though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 killer1984

Stephen Hendry at a snooker tournament in the basketball arena years ago.

It was a mid session interval and i went the loo he walks in, has his piss and nudges me out of the way at the hand wash area, I asked him for his autograph, pen and paper at the ready - He said ''no after the match''

Toss-face - Must of had that snooker cue rammed up his ass.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

killer1984 wrote: »
    Stephen Hendry at a snooker tournament in the basketball arena years ago.

It was a mid session interval and i went the loo he walks in, has his piss and nudges me out of the way at the hand wash area, I asked him for his autograph, pen and paper at the ready - He said ''no after the match''

Toss-face - Must of had that snooker cue rammed up his ass.

You couldn't just let the man have a piss in peace? I'm not suprised he snubbed you tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Speaking of snooker. I was at several exhibition matches and spoke to loads of pros including an amazingly shy Ronnie osullivan, an up for a laugh Jimmy white (with his drinking buddy Ronnie Wood) and Ken Doherty who is up for a laugh and always posing for photos with fans.
    And then there is the obnoxious Mark Williams who after matches surrounds himself with his friends and won't chat or pose with fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I met Gerard McSorley two years ago on the hill of tara. Absolutely lovely man. We were chatting away and when he walked off he did his quote from father ted "big hairy arse."
    Classic

Todd Unctuous:P

ShaunC wrote: »
    And then there is the obnoxious Mark Williams who after matches surrounds himself with his friends and won't chat or pose with fans.

The man just screams 'c**t', hardly a shocker that!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nagin

buyer95 wrote: »
    Seriously he always came across as a genuine nice guy to me

Ronan O Gara is a complete ignorant, wife cheating on scummer

Got my own back when I asked him for ID coming into his own bar and saying I didnt know who he was

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Nagin wrote: »
    Ronan O Gara is a complete ignorant, wife cheating on scummer

Got my own back when I asked him for ID coming into his own bar and saying I didnt know who he was

Ronan O'Gara owns a pub :confused:

Advertisement