Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

eieiooo wrote: »
    Rudest person was Sharon Ni Bheolain that reads rte news.......ignorant and damn right rude
    In what way? damm shes sexy though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 newyorker87

I haven't met any rude celebrities, actually! Although I guess I haven't met too many, haha. Norah Jones was really nice. I told her she was pretty, and she replied, "YOU TOO!" #bestdayever Hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Sooopie wrote: »
    Love Di Caprio! Very underrated too, one of the best actors out there in my opinion.

underrated? perhaps he deserves a pay raise?

http://blogs.forbes.com/dorothypomerantz/2011/08/01/hollywoods-highest-earning-actors/

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Spacedog wrote: »

Sorry, I meant critically - he has won very little in the way of awards for his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jesu seems like every man, woman and child has met twink in here..:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Jesu seems like every man, woman and child has met twink in here..:D

She's my neighbour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 madirishgirl

Robbie Keane... without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Joe Elliott (Def Leppard): Seemed a bit up his own hole when I met him. Stand-offish really.

Samantha Mumba: Not her really but I knew her aunt. Complete wagon so from what others have posted here, I don't think the apple feel too far from the tree when you look at her niece.

Nicest Celebs

Dara O'Brian: Met him when he was up and coming at a small comedy club about 15 years ago. Chatted to him at the bar for a bit. Nice guy.

Garret FitzGerald: Saw him at an election rally when I was 7. Took the time to tell people to stand back and not trample me. Seemed a very nice man.

Dave Fanning: met him twice. Once on a game show he was involved in. Very sound. Second time was in a pub in Blackrock when I was very locked but I was polite and said that I was sorry to disturb his pint but had a lot of time for him and wanted to just say hello. Chatted to me for a few minutes and was surprised I didn't have much time for Joe Elliott has he said he's sound. To be honest, if Dave Fanning says so, I'll take him at his word.

U2: Bono was a bit out of it when I met them at a signing. Seemed very hungover. Adam was a bit shy/stand-offish. The Edge was just so totally sound!

Neil Hannon: Nice polite gent. Very chatty and chilled out.

Mundy: Sound enough but a bit of a cheeky fella

Maire Brennan: Met her years ago when she showed up to sing with a music group I was part of in college. A totally lovely, down to earth lady. I was very impressed. I was big into Clannad at that stage and she was very happy to talk about the music and give all sorts of interesting background info. More importantly she spent a lot of time talkign about other great music there was out there besides her own band - and this was on a one to one basis chat actually. She was a total lady.

Eddie Hobbs: Came over to talk to my work gang on a Christmas night out a few years back. Was very polite and friendly and spent a good bit of time talking to us.

Bruce Boxleitner: At a book signing a few years back. Spent longer than you'd expect chatting to me event though there was a queue but I did say I was a big fan of Bring Em Back Alive and didn't mention Scarecrow & Mrs. King, and he was in Babylon 5 at the time which was why I was there. Nice guy!

Mary Coughlan: Mad, sound and very down to earth!

Carl Spain: Exceptionally funny, easy going and very nice.

Phil Jupitus: A complete gent. Very easy going, lovely to talk to and very good humoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

squonk wrote: »
    Mary Coughlan: Mad, sound and very down to earth

+1

Not impressed with her politically, but that description sums up my experience neatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

Saw andrea roche in st stephens green,talking,well rather very loudly in the oh look at me kinda way,about how she told all the clients that she woulnt bother working for less than 5per cent cut in her models rates after all,you do know who as she is,what a knob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

I met Gerard McSorley two years ago on the hill of tara. Absolutely lovely man. We were chatting away and when he walked off he did his quote from father ted "big hairy arse."
    Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Can't think of anyone I've met who I'd call rude. Peter Stringer had a very "don't want to know you, I'm going to pretend your not there" kind of vibe but I think he just doesn't like the attention as opposed to being rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Packie Bonner.Not a very friendly person.

I'd say you're on your own with that:o

Thats so untrue. Packie is one of the nicest persons one could ever meet. I've met him several times, and he is always polite and chatty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Cillian Murphy, Dara O'Briain, Brendn O'Conner, Dennis Irwin, Robbie Fowler, all sound out. Peter Stringer ignored me but that's fair enough as he was having a pint talking on the phone, I would have ignored me in that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Martin King is just a nice fella

Edit : Not really in the spirit of the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭clig

Cillian Murphy, Dara O'Briain, Brendn O'Conner, Dennis Irwin, Robbie Fowler, all sound out. Peter Stringer ignored me but that's fair enough as he was having a pint talking on the phone, I would have ignored me in that situation.
    That made me choke on my cereal it was so funny! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭clig

I met Mos Def in August 2010, I was very drunk and I told him he was amazing and the coolest looking person I have ever seen. He just looked bemused and I have literally cringed over the memory every day since then

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

I'd say you're on your own with that:o

Thats so untrue. Packie is one of the nicest persons one could ever meet. I've met him several times, and he is always polite and chatty.

i saw him in the airport once and was shocked at how fit he was in real life. lovely clothes and so tall, very sexy

i was a bit hubba hubba :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 merden

For me it would have to be Steve "I'm the ginger haired,apparently one of irelands greatest players ever,gaffer" Staunton. TWAT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 merden

thatsme wrote: »
    Katherine Lynch aka Wagons Den is a right B**CH. Met her in the Clarendon last year was with a couple of mates and said "Oh theres singing Bernie Walsh" she just blanked us and went to the Ladies. Stupid F*T "Z" lister

Fully agree with this post apart from assigning her a famous...wtf has she done to be classed as famous except put people off watching RTE..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Just to add a bit of balance on the Packie Bonner issue. I met him at the All Ireland Semi final in August and he could not have been nicer. Very genuine and generous with his time. Photos etc. were no problem.

Bernard Dunne seriously impressed me too. He was brilliant. Happy to chat and again no airs and graces. I actually ended up hugging the guy at the end of the match we were so relieved to have beaten Donegal.

I met Gráinne Seoige yesterday before the match. She was also very chatty. Maybe the fact that I (tried to) speak in Irish made a difference but she was chatty and a bit of craic. Also...up close....she is seriosly drop dead gorgeous. She probably knows it too but you could see all the lads in the bar just staring at her .....

Sorry, I have just realised this is totally off thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Gay Byrne is apparently is a complete snob but he looks it. I know a woman who worked as a cleaner and he berated her about any possible mistakes she may make before she had even started work so she walked out and told him to eff off! Can't stand him and never even met him.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You got a Hole in One LOL:D

Had to deal with him on a number of occasions, so his rudeness was not just a once off.

Well Karma caught up with that cúnt!

Adios Seve:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

I have met several rock stars over the yrs some you might know some you wont but briefly,

Fast Eddie Clarke Motorhead guitar player,backstage 1981 dont remember much but got his autograph and a few plecs, very nice bloke.

Billy Gibbons ZZ top , loved to talk about the old blues masters real sound.

Ricky Medlocke from a band called Blackfoot,now in Lynyrd Skynyrd, a total and utter head the ball but really sound.

The soundest bloke I met though was defintely Tommy Emmanuel, I first saw him in a small pub in Dundalk in 03,I had my son with me and I mentioned the fact that My son was learning the guitar,tommy let him play his guitar for a minute and then gave him a an autograph and a pat on the head, fast forward 3 yrs and Tommy is now very famous so he is playing his show now in DCU on front of a lot more folks.

After the show he came out and signed autographs for evryone,couldnt have been nicer, when our turn came he actually turned to my son and said "hey fella,how is that guitar coming along?" My sons jaw dropped to the floor!! After like 3 yrs he remembered him!! Really sound bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭martybike

Eh, pretty sure Stringer doesn't drink. Must have been a pint of something soft.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

Brian O'Driscoll

irishh_bob wrote: »
    most over rated keeper that ever put on a pair of gloves , my granny could get up quicker and shes been dead nine years , not often mentioned but bonner cost us entry into the 1992 european championships , the guys been living off that save from a crap penalty ( against romania in 1990) ever since

Did you see the England game in '88?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 meglew

Jules Holland, not necessarily rude, but extreeemly grumpy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 underyourwing

Shook Bill Clinton's hand and he said hi! completely starstruck and he was surrounded by bodyguards. Nevertheless he was very friendly and not rude at all.

Amy Huberman(Brian O'Driscoll's wife) also really polite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Shook Bill Clinton's hand and he said hi! completely starstruck and he was surrounded by bodyguards. Nevertheless he was very friendly and not rude at all.

Amy Huberman(Brian O'Driscoll's wife) also really polite.

Maybe we should stick to topic and that's "Rudest celeb you've ever met".

Advertisement