Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

My GF met Martin Sheen in the mid 90s in USA when he was making a movie where she worked and he sat and had lunch and chatted away for half an hour.....one of the greatest gents you will find....I dare anyone to find a bad post about him on the internet.

I met Sheen and he was a right cnut. Oh no wait that was Charlie, Martin is a complete an utter gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Erm......did you read all of it?????:confused:

Quality, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I met JK from Jamiroquai with Denise Van Outen in Dublin in 1998, walking down the street. Myself and my mate chatted with them for a few minutes, he even laughed about how tall I was compared to him (I'm 6'5"). Really nice guy it seemed.

Lars and James from Metallica were friendly enough, I approached them outside Windmill Lane, James was a little more sarcastic in his answers but Lars was genuinely nice.

Bono i chatted with when he was sitting in his car in Ringsend in 97. Was just before "Pop" came out so we were chatting about the album. Didn't do the "fanboy" thing at all, just talked about music. Was very nice, took the time, shook my hand, asked my name, etc.

Evan Dando I got to meet backstage in 2003 after a gig in the Village. I ran a Lemonheads website at the time so was telling him about it. Chatted for a few minutes, he was a nice guy, but had loads of people all around him so I didn't press it too much. Made me feel welcome though and shook my hand.

I see Ian Dempsey a good bit in my local shop, he seems sound enough, was joking with the shop employees one day. Haven't met him though, not that I'd be bothered.

Met Mike McCready (guitarist of Pearl Jam) one day walking down Grafton Street. Chatted for a bit, he introduced me to his wife! Just a normal guy really, not sure if he was recognised much that day (I know a Pearl Jam guitarist when I see one!)

Dolores O'Riordain used to joke around my area when she lived here a few years back. Saw her in the shops too. Didn't meet her though. I know that's not much of a story about whether they're sound or not, but there you go. Same goes for one of the girls from B*Witched (one of the Shane sisters).

Met the three blokes from the Cranberries in the USA in 1995, they were on the same flight as me and were waiting for their luggage. They were tired but autographed my magazine. Dolores was nowhere to be seen.

Kickboxed once with the guy who played / plays Jimmy off Fair City. He seemed decent enough, except he was a bit worried when he had to spar with me and my mate, as we are both tall and he... well he isn't really.

Brendan Courtney was very nice, met him when me and my band were doing a thing on 2FM... he took our picture and posted it on his Facebook page.

So I've no "asshole" stories I'm afraid. I've only had good experiences with celebritires. They are great people! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

So I've no "asshole" stories I'm afraid. I've only had good experiences with celebritires. They are great people! ;-)
    Or maybe you're just a very likeable and approachable person. I know some celebs can be complete gob****es but so can "fans". Loads of them get the huff when they rudely encroach on a celeb's time and the celeb doesn't fall over themselves trying to please the person.

I read an article ages ago about how Katherine Jenkins was turning into a diva (I don't follow her career so don't know or care) and one of the examples they gave was a disgruntled fan who wasn't happy when he "met" Katherine on a flight. He woke her up and she wasn't super filled with joy to be asked for an autograph. What a bitch :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Or maybe you're just a very likeable and approachable person. I know some celebs can be complete gob****es but so can "fans". Loads of them get the huff when they rudely encroach on a celeb's time and the celeb doesn't fall over themselves trying to please the person.

I read an article ages ago about how Katherine Jenkins was turning into a diva (I don't follow her career so don't know or care) and one of the examples they gave was a disgruntled fan who wasn't happy when he "met" Katherine on a flight. He woke her up and she wasn't super filled with joy to be asked for an autograph. What a bitch :rolleyes:
    Look! I only asked her for a kiss, cuddle and a fondle. If a bleeding celeb can't even do that for ya then what are they for ? ? ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

blinding wrote: »
    Look! I only asked her for a kiss, cuddle and a fondle. If a bleeding celeb can't even do that for ya then what are they for ? ? ?
    Well in that case I think you are perfectly within your rights to be royally pissed off. Jeez, celebs can be sooooo stuck up at times! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭mikedone

I used to work in a famous hotel in London and found that the ones who had worked their way up through the small clubs were the most pleasant while those who had achieved instant fame were the least.
    Most pleasant: Status Quo, Rolling Stones (despite their reputation) and the late great Frank Sinatra
    Boorish: Boyzone, truly appalling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sarahcoles30

sparky360 wrote: »
    John Cena.

Hey how come you find John Cena rude ? :O:eek::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lovethefun

I have never met any celeb. I have seen some but never had a chance to meet them and talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sparrow3

Met Ian Smith, aka Harold Bishop from neighbours , a few years back with a couple of friends. I didnt hear my mate ask him for a photo to send to his mum. I presumed it was a group photo so jumped in . Nearly fell over when Harold turned around and with a blank face said "f#ck off out of my photo" - traumatised for years!!

Met Gabriel Byrne who was an absolute gent as was David Kelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

Barack Obama. Met him in the jacks of a bar in Moneygall. Total tosser!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

robfahy wrote: »
    Barack Obama. Met him in the jacks of a bar in Moneygall. Total tosser!

Was he now?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

mikedone wrote: »
    ....Boyzone, truly appalling
    Yeah; we know about their music. What about them?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Was at Keith Barry's Asylum show(unreal), and Bernard Dunne was there. Keith called him up to the stage as he walked by me the lad behind me was screamin with his hand out and Dunne just walked by.

http://youtu.be/t8xQMskW3Dk?t=14s
    worst story ever

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭emmabee

My mate who was working as a model at a TV awards show was asked to hand out free bags of some luxury crisps. She got a really revolting pompous vibe off Glenda Gilson. Apparently she looked at mt friend down her nose and went "Thats hilaaaarious" ... Euuuch, makes me shudder to think someone can be such a pr*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Samantha Mumba. So up her own arse

I met Swift and the late Proof of D12 when they were in their prime touring with Eminem. We were at a Hip-hop night in what was Spirit at the time - now the Academy. The PA asked us if we could allow em to use our seats so we just moved opposite. I asked one for an autograph and the pen didnt work. Proof said "**** an autograph, let's sip" and they swept me up with his entourage to the VIP, they were so sound and not creeps at all! Next day I saw Proof come out of Schuh and he said hello! Lovely man! RIP

Tha prob shoulda been in the sound celebs section, wooopsie!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Plentyofice

Met J P Fitzgerald (Rory mcIlroy's caddie) a few weeks back in a restaurant in Kildare. He was having a meal with relations and I asked one of his friends could I get a pic later in the evening when he was free. Shortly after, he joined our table, brought wine and was a thorough gentleman. Later that night he asked us into a local pub for a few after hours tipples. Gentleman. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Yer man that played gilligan in Veronica Guerin - Gerard McSorley..

I was sitting in a pub nursing a pint & a hangover in the Donegal Gaeltacht one night.. there was a folk session on.. anyway a young couple comes in & asks can they share my table so i said yes .. then McSorley comes in.. obviously this couple has arranged to meet him they do there lovie hugs & kisses etc.. anyway he looks at me as if im something on the bottom of his shoes,, i finally get the nerve up to talk to him ,ask him a few things about his movies & complment his acting & he doesnt even manage to turn his head away from the fiddlie diddlies to reply & was grunting one word answers... anyway i soon felt unwelcome at my own table so just got up & left. pity cos i like his films too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Roadster

I hate Justin Bieber, I just don’t know why but I hate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

emmabee wrote: »
    My mate who was working as a model at a TV awards show was asked to hand out free bags of some luxury crisps. She got a really revolting pompous vibe off Glenda Gilson. Apparently she looked at mt friend down her nose and went "Thats hilaaaarious" ... Euuuch, makes me shudder to think someone can be such a pr*ck.
    Hilarious is posing on grafton street half naked in the middle of winter with only a blow up chicken for company.
    A guy I know caught Glenda flouting the smoking ban in a club where he works, Glenda tried to pull the old "don't you know who I am?" spiel. He just told her to get outside before he barred her.
    Is she still shagging her Grandad's mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Roadster wrote: »
    I hate Justin Bieber, I just don’t know why but I hate him.
    Have you met him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭erictheviking1

Packie Bonner.Not a very friendly person.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

I worked on tv show last year with Caprice and Andrea Roche both absolute C*NTS!

Went to Posh Spices book signing when I was 10 and handed her a drawing I did of her. Didnt realise my mun had written my address on the back and the following week I recieved a signed photo with a personal message saying loved the drawing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Shinaynay wrote: »
    Went to Posh Spices book signing when I was 10 and handed her a drawing I did of her. Didnt realise my mun had written my address on the back and the following week I recieved a signed photo with a personal message saying loved the drawing!

HA! Awesome.

Alright Posh Spice. Yer allllllright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Thunderdrive

I've met Dustin. Bit loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

Leonardo Di Caprio....didnt bump into him but met him at the premiere of body of lies in London outside VUE cineama. Very nice guy he was more interested in meeting the crowd than entertaining the press. I dropped my pen on the ground as there was such push to get autographs. He kindly picked it up off the ground for me and signed the scrap of paper I had....Gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eieiooo

Rudest person was Sharon Ni Bheolain that reads rte news.......ignorant and damn right rude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

brenn7475 wrote: »
    Leonardo Di Caprio....didnt bump into him but met him at the premiere of body of lies in London outside VUE cineama. Very nice guy he was more interested in meeting the crowd than entertaining the press. I dropped my pen on the ground as there was such push to get autographs. He kindly picked it up off the ground for me and signed the scrap of paper I had....Gent.

Love Di Caprio! Very underrated too, one of the best actors out there in my opinion.

Advertisement