Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Pot wrote:
    Mary Harney dreadful lump

I think you're confusing infamy for celebrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

HarlowLux wrote: »
    Jonathan Rhys Meyers,....but maybe only cause he was off his face!

No he seems to be a 24 hour diva

source:
    Actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers was banned from boarding a United Airlines flight after he used racial slurs against an employee last month in a drunken outburst. As per reports from RadarOnline.com, the Irish actor “The Tudors,” reportedly used the “N” word when he was reprimanded for drunk and disorderly conduct inside a first class lounge earlier this month, says Fox News.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

irishh_bob wrote: »
    my sister works in tv production and worked on the last two seasons of the all ireland talent show , she says grainne seoige is an absolute joy to work with , a delight , keith duffy is a player and blaithnaidh is as reported , a diva

she also worked on celbrity banesteoir , katherine lynch is great , andrea roche is however ( unlike repoted in the media ) very difficult and demanding

Oh, Id totally believe that about Ms. Roche. When she was on that celebrity banisteoir thing, a girl I know was in the local pub with a group of her friends. Andrea was there, but seemed to be lurking around on her own. Feeling sorry for her, the girls approached her and tried to chat to her and make her feel welcome. They were sorry they bothered though! Apparently, she was just plain rude, and made it very clear that she didnt want or need their company! I guess when you're so high and mighty, you dont need company of poor little local ppl who arent famous!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

Lucy Kennedy - if you can call her a celebrity - very stuck up, looked down her nose at everyone who dared to say hello to her on a trip to Ennis once. She was in a particular pub and bit the head off some guy who sat in her seat accidentally,the puss on her was the talk of the town the day after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Ronan Keating - bit of a narky fcuker lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Met cillian murphy..before he was as famous as now.. he was lovely.
    A real pretty boy! Not my type hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

I saw Ronaldinho in Heathrow back in 2004. He winked at me. I also met Ardal O' Hanlon and Pauline McLynn. Both down to earth and really enjoyable to talk to.

Back in 05, The Irish Deaf Olympic team were out in Australia. So our school went out to the airport to greet them because our fellow students were on the team. So while waiting, I saw Packie Bonner so I went up to him to get a picture. He told me to fcuk off. A bit later, Samantha Mumba was walking towards us. She made a meal out of it thinking we were there for her, and she was trying to cover herself up. She walked by and gave me the dirty looks. I says Yeah Jog on ya no bit has been while walking the opposite direction. Felt proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Friend works on X-factor, so met Louis very briefly without asking to or approaching him. He was in the green room looking after the Grimes boys and my friend who works with him a lot was with me at the time, so that is basically how it happened. Extreemly curteous, friendly jolly man who shows all the signs of good breeding. Mr. Cowell is I have on good authority also one of the nicest and kindest people you could wish to meet. What we see on tv is another persona and in keeping with the show. I hate the word 'Celebrity' to be honest and cannot understand the obsession with them. To me a real celebrity would be someone who has done something outstanding for the good of others. Nelson Mandella comes to mind here. People who worked so hard to bring about peace in Northern Ireland ie,Mow Mowlan and others. I honestly don't understand why nice, but very naive people set themselves up to be treated like dirt by approaching and wanting to talk to some of these' Celeb people' They are after all total strangers basically and all we know of them is what we see in an unreal setting such as TV, radio or read in trashy media periodicals. Most of them are certainly nothing at all like they are portrayed and they resent the public finding that out, so they naturally don't want to be approached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Patsy Watchorn of The Dubliners and Dublin City Ramblers is an absolute gent. Really funny guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭zippygirl

Heather Graham :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Ronan O Gara

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

i met ronan keating the other day and asked how his wife was

he didn't answer me

how rude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Could people actually tell the story of how the celebrity was rude rather than just naming them. It would make the thread more interesting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Paul McGrath, played indoor with him a few times and went out on the tiles with him (while he was still on the wagon) great guy.

Neville Southall - absolute prat, met him donkeys years ago - no time for fans.

Beckham - didnt meet him, but saw him come back from the bench after being subbed, across to the other side of the pitch to give some english lads his jersey (Real Madrid days). Classey kind of thing you dont see in the press

Rob Kearney, Luke Fitz and Heaslip in Joburg, Kearney and Fitz very receptive, heaslip a big skawldy face on him - not proof of him being rude, maybe just didnt want my well wishes for the lions tour.

Shayne Ward - seems like a nice guy, was being paid to be at a corporate gig, but still nothing was too much for him.

Same gig some fella who was in Tudors, henry something i think... handsome bollix, but top top man. Up for a laugh and as many photos as the girls wanted.

Tony Fenton - top man, organised a challenge match against him when i worked in media, very friendly guy... and took loosing well! :-)

Xpose:
    Karen - salt of the earth girl
    Lisa C - just stand off ish
    Aisling - lovely

Ian Dempsey - very nice guy

Tommy Tiernan - top man

Damian Rice - moody cnut

Martin King - legend

Caroline Twohig - lovely lady and tastey too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Could people actually tell the story of how the celebrity was rude rather than just naming them. It would make the thread more interesting. :)
    I get where you're coming from but please bear in mind that we watch this thread closely for anything that could be legally dodgy for boards.ie, so please don't tell any stories that you can't stand over. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Stargal wrote: »
    I get where you're coming from but please bear in mind that we watch this thread closely for anything that could be legally dodgy for boards.ie, so please don't tell any stories that you can't stand over. Thanks!

Yeah, sorry didn't mean for people to write anything libellous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

neil delamare, totally up his own arse. i was organising a chairty comedy gig, trying to talk to him about it, he just said speak to my agent, and turned his back on me to continue hitting on groupies in dakota. lovely. needless to say, i didnt book him. twat.
    He reminds me of a complete twat alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TheEdukator

Had heard a lot of people say that Tommy Tiernan wasn't the nicest guy but have to say he was really sound. Gave us an interview for our school magazine when we were in Transition Year completely free of charge and was really friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

Bobby Charlton easily the rudest celeb I have met.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ronan O'Gara without a doubt.
    I was working in Shannon Airport just after the last WC, I was profiling him(he was going to the States) and he refused to answer the questions, leaving his wife to do it. Wouldnt sign an autograph for a young lad(8 or 9), just said no and walked past him. Ignorant to the US Customs Officer who was going through his passport etc. Not happy that his wifes bags got searched before boarding the aircraft.

Just an all-round wánker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yeah, sorry didn't mean for people to write anything libellous.
    You're grand, I just took it as an opportunity to offer a friendly reminder about keeping this thread on track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭baz_ctr

gotta say Jimmy Carr was lovely. Chatted with him for awhile and he was so polite.

i have to agree i have been to couple of his gigs always stays back to sign autographs except for the night he was on the late late straight after the show which he said sorry for

irishh_bob wrote: »
    he,s just an oddball that guy , cant stand the sound of his voice

I cant either, especially after meeting him:D

Mad jesty wrote: »
    Lucy Kennedy - if you can call her a celebrity - very stuck up, looked down her nose at everyone who dared to say hello to her on a trip to Ennis once. She was in a particular pub and bit the head off some guy who sat in her seat accidentally,the puss on her was the talk of the town the day after.

Which pub?? Would like to see her fighting for her seat in the Queens!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Melion wrote: »
    Ronan O'Gara without a doubt.
    I was working in Shannon Airport just after the last WC, I was profiling him(he was going to the States) and he refused to answer the questions, leaving his wife to do it. Wouldnt sign an autograph for a young lad(8 or 9), just said no and walked past him. Ignorant to the US Customs Officer who was going through his passport etc. Not happy that his wifes bags got searched before boarding the aircraft.

Just an all-round wánker.

Have to agree. Have so many first hand accounts of that man just being a complete and utter knob.

I read most of his autobiography (didn't buy it I hasten to add, it was lying around at a friends house) it's the only autobiography I've ever read where the person actually comes across as even more of a knob after you've read it.

Have to say though that I've seen Peter Stringer out and about plenty of times and the man just has the patience of a saint. Surrounded by people constantly asking for pictures and autographs and never seems to mind.

Contrary to what others have said Glen Hansard was an absolute gentleman when I met him years ago. Spent loads of time chatting to me and my friend and gave us free drinks. Sound out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Have to agree. Have so many first hand accounts of that man just being a complete and utter knob.

I read most of his autobiography (didn't buy it I hasten to add, it was lying around at a friends house) it's the only autobiography I've ever read where the person actually comes across as even more of a knob after you've read it.

Have to say though that I've seen Peter Stringer out and about plenty of times and the man just has the patience of a saint. Surrounded by people constantly asking for pictures and autographs and never seems to mind.

Contrary to what others have said Glen Hansard was an absolute gentleman when I met him years ago. Spent loads of time chatting to me and my friend and gave us free drinks. Sound out.

Said ronan o gara a few pages back, i checked him into a hotel and he wouldn't talk, the owner of the hotel spoke to him and he ignored him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 undergroundeye

zippygirl wrote: »
    Heather Graham :eek:

When did you met her? I must admit i'm a big fan:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Mad Jesty wrote:

Friends of mine met her once, and said she came across as very un-stuck up.

Advertisement