Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you play a musical instrument?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

I knew someone would bring that up. It had to be you. :mad:

I'm sorry, it really was a terrible joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I've been playing guitar for about 8 years. Extremely rewarding imo, especially writing music. I can play the drums too.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Play guitar, keyboard, piano, bass, mandolin and banjo. :D

The guitar is my first love though, nothing beats the electric with a floyd rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Im no pedant, but that last G should be a B. :pac:

Awh really?
    I haven't actually learned the recorder since about 5th/6th class, and even then I was shite.
    The oul' memory's not what it used to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Cello. Oh yea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Piano! since I was about 10

Why are all the music sheet books so expensive!:mad:
    Cause you cant use the internets properly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I don't play anything. It's probably one of my biggest regrets and should I ever have children I'd definitely send them to lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Piano,Guitar, Mandolin, 5string banjo and recently took up tenor banjo.

Enjoying the tenor most atm.. but switch between 5 all the time.. not great at any of them but not terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

blubloblu wrote: »
    Cello. Oh yea.

Really want to learn cello, not classical though, more Rushad Egglestown or Natalie Haas type stuff!

Like this, Eggleston, who's completely mental by the way!

Haas:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I think I remember I tried to learn a song on a piano once but then I thought "This is boring" and from that day forward, piano became factually boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I can play Mary Had A Little Lamb and the Mission Impossible theme tune thing on the piano! :D

I used to be able to play two other songs (real songs...as opposed to Nursery Rhymes and such) so long as I had my very technical number stickers on the keys, but I can't even remember what they were now, never mind how to play them...

I'd love to be able to play the piano properly! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

There was a trad session at a wedding I was working at over the weekend - with a bouzouki.

Those things are amazing. I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Piano since I was 5.

would love to get a xylophone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ChasingDreams

Yep, I play the piano.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Play the flute, piccolo, piano, cello, bass and couple of others here and there ;)
    Bit of a music nerd myself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

I enjoy playing my bass.Not had it for long but I am improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Kersmash wrote: »
    Bass, I love messing with my effects :) I dabble in guitar too.

play bass too, but HATE effects! my bass has never been put through a waa and never will be. hate em!

but that aside, got big into playing my bass back when i was a teen... joined a band of peeps from my school and had so much fun jamming and gigging... we did it pretty badly though, as the first year the band was in existence, one of us were doing the the LC, next year one was, year after two were, next year, one was. by the time she got through the LC, the guitarist was spending more and more time on his 'side project', i was moving to nz, and she was looking at playing with different people too... we are now on 'indefinite hiatus' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Accordian for the last 6 years. :)
    Im no sharon shannon but Im fairly good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Accordian for the last 6 years. :)
    Im no sharon shannon but Im fairly good now.

Go on the trad! Don't like shannon though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

play bass too, but HATE effects! my bass has never been put through a waa and never will be. hate em!

but that aside, got big into playing my bass back when i was a teen... joined a band of peeps from my school and had so much fun jamming and gigging... we did it pretty badly though, as the first year the band was in existence, one of us were doing the the LC, next year one was, year after two were, next year, one was. by the time she got through the LC, the guitarist was spending more and more time on his 'side project', i was moving to nz, and she was looking at playing with different people too... we are now on 'indefinite hiatus' :P
    You hate waah wahs?...well you'll love this song so.:pac:

But yeah Ive been playing bass for about 5 months and currently learning that^ song.
    Its hard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Bass mainly other instruments I know a bit of are tin whistle, guitar, recorder, piano and some drums thanks to the fella :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Greatest instrument of them all, the triangle...

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I'm completely tone deaf and have a terrible sense of timing but I played piano and flute when I was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I've played quite a few instruments in my past - tin whistle, trombone, clarinet, piano were the main ones... could never keep them up though, I just never loved it enough :(

I've tried learning guitar (well, my brother thought me 3 chords :p) but I think I suck at it :/ I'd love to play drums :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I used to be fairly decent with the tin whistle and the accordion but I haven't played either since leaving primary school. I once picked up a violin and tried to play the song 'Debaser' but I don't think it was a success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Been playing drums nearly five years. Started guitar a month or two ago, so not very good at that yet.

In my music (cheeky plug-http://soundcloud.com/fuzzy-logic :D)I use a lot of synths but I would be lying if I said I could play piano properly, I basically rely on my knowledge of chords to put tracks together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I've been playing the guitar for nearly two years now. I'm pretty good [fixed my post] :P if you factor in the length of time I've been playing for, but I'm not great..

I also play some bass, but I don't actually own one yet, I need to invest in one.

I'm trying to learn the piano, my friend has agreed to teach me but that hasn't happened yet..

Oh and, most importantly, I can play 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' on many, many instruments, and my girlfriend is currently teaching it to me on the saxophone. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I've been playing the guitar for nearly two years now. I'm pretty considering if you factor in the length of time I've been playing for

It's actually quite odd that playing guitar has made you better looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

It's actually quite odd that playing guitar has made you better looking

Totally, it's really peculiar! :rolleyes:

All joking aside, a knock on effect of playing the guitar is you do usually come across as more attractive to the opposite sex..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Started piano when I was nine, kept it up for a few years, quit. Started bass when I was twelve, kept it up for a few years, quit. Started guitar when I was thirteen, kept it up for a few years, quit. Parents bought me a violin a couple of years ago in a desperate attempt to get me playing something again.. think we all know where that went.

Advertisement