Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learner permits driving alone. Enforcement?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Well, in most european countries you take the driving course, and after that you aim to pass the test. And, believe me, where i come from, the driving test is more complex than here. It can be done. It is, at the end, only driving test, and driving is not that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Let me get this straight. I applied for full licence and handed in the learner permit, certificate application form and fee. So this means when I'm driving I will have no cert of licence to show the guards that i passed my test.
    Is it alrite to drive wothout having these???

Also I put mine in the civic centre in ballymun and i live in santry so how long till i get my licence????

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Let me get this straight. I applied for full licence and handed in the learner permit, certificate application form and fee. So this means when I'm driving I will have no cert of licence to show the guards that i passed my test.
    Is it alrite to drive wothout having these???

Also I put mine in the civic centre in ballymun and i live in santry so how long till i get my licence????

You should have gotten a receipt from the motor tax office. You should keep that.

Technically you are not fully licensed until you have your license in hand. But tbh you'd have to find a gard in a really poor form to do anything about it.

Advertisement