Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq mini desktop with 21.5in monitor €69.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Keyword search on Compaq give 2 different versions of the offer, looks like differing OS's etc

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/rf/lwi/s.do?Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nu=this_product&Np=1&Nty=1&Ntk=generic_search&Ntt=compaq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭podge3

My order status is showing "Order Accepted" but I'm sure that means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Cheers for that, they're under no obligation to honour it and I can't see them doing so but worth a shot nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Gave it a shot as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

Its now 11.50 ,I too am on bored and got greedy with the 21" screen and the promo code ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

God I love these threads...the hype, the hope, the cancellation eMail, the recriminations, the five pages of moaning and various people quoting consumer law and T&C's.

*orders anyway*

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It'd be hilarious if the people who ordered without using the voucher code got their orders honoured.

But Littlewoods saw people who used the voucher and just thought "there's greedy.. and then there's taking the piss! CANCELLED"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

basquille wrote: »
    It'd be hilarious if the people who ordered without using the voucher code got their orders honoured.

But Littlewoods saw people who used the voucher and just thought "there's greedy.. and then there's taking the piss! CANCELLED"

You have given me a dilema now! To use the voucher code or not. Decisions decisions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

:P hope not

Should we start the thread on how to upgrade it to Alienware standards now, or wait until later?

• Advertisement

Should we start the thread on how to upgrade it to Alienware standards now, or wait until later?
    Bit ahead of yourself!

Bit ahead of yourself!

I'm projecting into the future to avoid the stress of thinking about whether the offer is going to be revoked or not. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Just ordered mine - with promo code and order acccepted! Now I'll wait for the error email!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

just order one with the code see what happens now :D
    got an email too

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Gulliver

At the end it says if you pay by Debit Card, the funds are taken instantly. Wasn't there something on a previous BA mis-price thread that they had taken the funds and so had to honour it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

scout353 wrote: »
    Just ordered mine - with promo code and order acccepted! Now I'll wait for the error email!!!!

Same here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Trying to order with AIB Laser but won't accept because there is no "valid from" on the card. Anyone else had a similar problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

Ordered with discount code 55.20 ... hehe, doubt i'll ever see a compaq box at my door though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭nouveau_4.0

Gave it a try anyway. Ordered half an hour ago. Status is "Order Being Processed".

Not looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Gave it a try anyway. Ordered half an hour ago. Status is "Order Being Processed".

Not looking good!

Same here, no email received yet either.

• Advertisement

They're taking their time getting it sorted out if it is bogus. Gonna be a lot of emails going out saying no-can-do if they don't sort it out soon.

We can always send the story to "The Register" for our revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

mine has order accepted

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Mine is still "order being processed". Doesn't look good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭roundcrisis

jeez that checkout sure asks for a lot of data, I think this is an hoax or the information will be sold or there is something really fishy here

IN the Terms and conditions there is something about installements
    "
    Credit Agreement and moneylending agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1995
    We, Shop Direct Ireland Ltd. of Cape House, Westend Office Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, trading as Littlewoods Ireland agree to provide you, the customer, (named below) a running credit account for purchase of any goods or services offered in any of our catalogues, leaflets, websites or advertisements."
    this is a cpoy and paste from their T&C https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/rf/lwi/static.do?page=help7&segment=07

EDIT: the asking for loads of data happens if you pay by flexible account, the credit card seems normal enough

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

got my confirmation mail for 69 ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Also ordered, sure, ya never know! :)

Noticed this on the t&cs though.

3.2 Whilst it is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting your order with the correct details. You may then either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

A guy in work rang them up and they confirmed the price was valid.
    Could have been someone asleep and not paying attention though.

mcgovern wrote: »
    A guy in work rang them up and they confirmed the price was valid.
    No hope it's valid.. it's a crazy price!

He was probably talking to the Littlewood's janitor..

If it is valid, its some throw away price for a 21.5 inch monitor, 160GB Sata drive and Gig of Ram (what I consider to be the best parts of it).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

When i get to the add card bit it just gives me an option to enter a number then it comes up as a delta card and i cant change it to visa anyone else find this or does that mater ? ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement