Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor iphone setting files including logo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

im not too sure about it but ill give it a go......

actually where do i find that file?
    system/library/carrierbundles/meteorie bundle?
    navigate to /var/mobile/library/carrier bundle.bundle and edit the carrier.plist file

igor420 wrote: »
    Then?

Shut down.
    Take out sim.
    Re-insert sim.
    Turn on?
    Close :P

Reboot
    Remove Sim
    Reinsert Sim

The sim removal should not be necessary if you are on 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    navigate to /var/mobile/library/carrier bundle.bundle and edit the carrier.plist file

this is what i see in that file

bplist00fl

!"$%&'')!4!6'!9LS^'!ab!!m\BookmarkURLs_IntlDataRoamingSwitch]SupportedSIMs_VisualVoicemailServiceName\MyAccountURLYsignature_ShowCallForwardingWShowTTY_StatusBarImages_AllowMMSCEditing_MyAccountURLTitle_SupportsUserBusyCauseCode_voicemail_context_VVMIgnoresIntlDataRoaming_AllowMMSEditingTapns\StockSymboliXServices[CarrierName_ShowCallForwarded_ASCIIFileNameRequired_%PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddressSMMS_AllowEDGEEditing\SupportsNITZ_VoicemailPilotNumber°“ \BookmarkName[BookmarkURLXMyMeteor_http://www.mymeteor.ie °#U27203Tnone_http://www.mymeteor.ieO∂¨ä∆üjG¨ä ⁄∂Ífi∂¨ä∆üjG¨ä ⁄∂Ífi°*‘+,-./!12_FullScreenOpaqueImage_AllowPrefixMatching[CarrierName\DefaultImage_FSO_CARRIER_Meteor-ie.png VMeteor_Default_CARRIER_Meteor-ie.png XMyMeteor

this is what i see in that file

bplist00fl

!"$%&'')!4!6'!9LS^'!ab!!m\BookmarkURLs_IntlDataRoamingSwitch]SupportedSIMs_VisualVoicemailServiceName\MyAccountURLYsignature_ShowCallForwardingWShowTTY_StatusBarImages_AllowMMSCEditing_MyAccountURLTitle_SupportsUserBusyCauseCode_voicemail_context_VVMIgnoresIntlDataRoaming_AllowMMSEditingTapns\StockSymboliXServices[CarrierName_ShowCallForwarded_ASCIIFileNameRequired_%PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddressSMMS_AllowEDGEEditing\SupportsNITZ_VoicemailPilotNumber°“ \BookmarkName[BookmarkURLXMyMeteor_http://www.mymeteor.ie °#U27203Tnone_http://www.mymeteor.ieO∂¨ä∆üjG¨ä ⁄∂Ífi∂¨ä∆üjG¨ä ⁄∂Ífi°*‘+,-./!12_FullScreenOpaqueImage_AllowPrefixMatching[CarrierName\DefaultImage_FSO_CARRIER_Meteor-ie.png VMeteor_Default_CARRIER_Meteor-ie.png XMyMeteor
    Sorry, I assumed you were using iFile.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/File-Editors/plist-Editor-for-Windows.shtml

Use that to read it.

After you have edited, Reboot and remove and reinsert sim again

Sorry, I assumed you were using iFile.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/File-Editors/plist-Editor-for-Windows.shtml

Use that to read it.

After you have edited, Reboot and remove and reinsert sim again

i'm using textedit on mac. it looks different in textedit just copied strange onto this.

• Advertisement

i'm using textedit on mac. it looks different in textedit just copied strange onto this.

Remove the selection I have bolded.

<key>ASCIIFileNameRequired</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>BookmarkURLs</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>BookmarkName</key>
    <string>MyMeteor</string>
    <key>BookmarkURL</key>
    <string>http://www.mymeteor.ie</string&gt;
    </dict>
    </array>
    <key>CarrierName</key>
    <string>Meteor</string>
    <key>IntlDataRoamingSwitch</key>
    <true/>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict>
    <key>GroupModeEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>MMSC</key>
    <string>http://mms.mymeteor.ie</string&gt;
    <key>MaxMessageSize</key>
    <integer>307200</integer>
    <key>Proxy</key>
    <string>010.085.085.085:8799</string>
    </dict>
    <key>MyAccountURL</key>
    <string>http://www.mymeteor.ie</string&gt;
    <key>MyAccountURLTitle</key>
    <string>MyMeteor</string>
    <key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
    <string>+447786205094</string>

<key>Services</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>ServiceCode</key>
    <string>*#100#</string>
    <key>ServiceName</key>
    <string>Credit Balance</string>

i did that now it jut keeps searching for signal?

i did that now it jut keeps searching for signal?
    Did you reboot, and reinsert sim?

Also, make sure the Permissions are still correct. Should be as follows:

User: Read Write Execute
    Group: Read Write Execute
    World: Read Execute

yeah i rebooted and it wouldnt get past lock screen. the 2nd time it got past the lock screen and wouldnt find signal. now on the 3rd attempt after removing and inserting sim it finds signal but still no facetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

I have done all the steps and now it says no sin inserted.
    I am using a chopped up big sim instead of a micro sim.
    Any ideas?

• Advertisement

yeah i rebooted and it wouldnt get past lock screen. the 2nd time it got past the lock screen and wouldnt find signal. now on the 3rd attempt after removing and inserting sim it finds signal but still no facetime.
    Hmm strange. Where did you go to edit the carrier.plist? If it was where I told you earlier, go back there and copy that plist. Go to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Meteor_ie.bundle and paste the plist there, overwriting the existing one.

Again, reboot and reinsert sim.

I would try all this myself but I have no way of testing facetime so I cant :(

I have done all the steps and now it says no sin inserted.
    I am using a chopped up big sim instead of a micro sim.
    Any ideas?
    Sometimes that happens, just reboot and try again

If that doesnt work you could try this, It's a long shot but worth a try.

Uninstall the carrier bundle thru cydia
    Reboot
    Install it again
    Reboot, Reinsert sim
    Go to settings>phone and disable facetime
    make a call
    re-enable facetime, wait for activation and try facetime again

Hmm strange. Where did you go to edit the carrier.plist? If it was where I told you earlier, go back there and copy that plist. Go to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Meteor_ie.bundle and paste the plist there, overwriting the existing one.

Again, reboot and reinsert sim.

I would try all this myself but I have no way of testing facetime so I cant :(

/var/mobile/library/carrier bundle.bundle was the one i edited. i tried pasting it into /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Meteor_ie.bundlebut now my phone is stuck at lockscreen after rebooting twice. think im going to restore from stock and try agiain. maybe facebreak or mywi is causing conflict?

Tried 20 times and got it in the end. No new carrier logo appeared.
    Using the 4.0.1 patch.

/var/mobile/library/carrier bundle.bundle was the one i edited. i tried pasting it into /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Meteor_ie.bundlebut now my phone is stuck at lockscreen after rebooting twice. think im going to restore from stock and try agiain. maybe facebreak or mywi is causing conflict?
    You shouldn't need to restore, just be patient :)

Are you still able to SSH into your phone at lockscreen? If so, Run the command "apt-get remove com.iphonerepocenter.meteorcarrierbundle401" and reboot

Tried 20 times and got it in the end. No new carrier logo appeared.
    Using the 4.0.1 patch.
    Is MMS, Data, voicemail etc working? What iPhone are you using?

facebreak might actually be causing a conflict. After you reinstall the carrier bundle, you could try reinstall facebreak. But still try the disable & re-enable facetime option

Yes, they are all working.
    Using the iphone 4. on 4.0.1(8A306)
    Carrier 7.0

In ifile do i just select 'installer' or do i select unarchive or zip viewer?
    I select installer fyi.

Yes, they are all working.
    Using the iphone 4. on 4.0.1(8A306)
    Carrier 7.0

In ifile do i just select 'installer' or do i select unarchive or zip viewer?
    I select installer fyi.
    Carrier 7.0? Mine is showing as Meteor 4.0, how do you update to 7.0?

Nope, Install Is fine

• Advertisement

Carrier 7.0? Mine is showing as Meteor 4.0, how do you update to 7.0?

Nope, Install Is fine

You are the expert. It was just like that when i got here.

You are the expert. It was just like that when i got here.
    Where are you seeing Carrier 7.0? Go to Settings>General>About and scroll down to Carrier.

Maybe it is because you are using a chopped sim, but it shouldn't make any difference as to the logo.

Try to install carrier logo fixer from cydia

Where are you seeing Carrier 7.0? Go to Settings>General>About and scroll down to Carrier.

Maybe it is because you are using a chopped sim, but it shouldn't make any difference as to the logo.

Try to install carrier logo fixer from cydia

That is where i got Carrier info from.

Its ok mate, I will go get a micro sim during the weekend and then give it a go.

Thanks for all the hard work.

That is where i got Carrier info from.

Its ok mate, I will go get a micro sim during the weekend and then give it a go.

Thanks for all the hard work.
    No problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

BigBoss wont allow the package on cydia as it contains a CommCenter patch.

As of iOS 4 apple have signed all carrier bundles, and if they are edited or a new one is added it breaks the signature so it is ignored. The patch is not dangerous in any way, the only thing it does is bypass the signature checking. For this reason, the carrier bundle wont work without the patch.

I will post the packages up here tomorrow for anyone who wants to manually install them.

EDIT: Packages are now available. The easiest way to install would be to SSH the package to /var/mobile and then use iFile to install

worked perfect for me thanks jack , i used ifunbox ( i find this easier to use the ssh) to put the file on the phone and ifile to install it . carrier logo is working fine , data is fine , mms doesnt ever seem to work for me .

worked perfect for me thanks jack , i used ifunbox ( i find this easier to use the ssh) to put the file on the phone and ifile to install it . carrier logo is working fine , data is fine , mms doesnt ever seem to work for me .
    Glad it worked for you, What's the story with the MMS? What iPhone are you using?

Glad it worked for you, What's the story with the MMS? What iPhone are you using?

A 3GS never ever seems to work , mIght give meteor a ring and see if it's disabled on my account or something

A 3GS never ever seems to work , mIght give meteor a ring and see if it's disabled on my account or something
    Yeah it's probably something on their end, MMS worked fine with this package on my 3GS and ip4.

Keep us updated :)

facebreak might actually be causing a conflict. After you reinstall the carrier bundle, you could try reinstall facebreak. But still try the disable & re-enable facetime option

i tried loads of stuff. in the end ive restored and manually put the settings in. i dont need the meteor logo.
    thanks for your help tho.

• Advertisement

Were in business jack :)
    2a34dcde.jpg
    this the settings after I downloaded your new package but when I change it to this
    5be1115b.jpg
    it works fine

Advertisement