Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor iphone setting files including logo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Install the package "Meteor Carrier Bundle" from Cydia
    Restart Phone
    Go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network> Tap "Reset Settings" a couple of times.

That's it!
    Although, I haven't been able to get data working properly on 3G - only on EDGE.

That said, it could work fine for you. Let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭GhanGee

thxx, I'll check that when I get home and will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

jackmeehan wrote: »
    Using iFile, you's could try going into "/var/mobile/library/carrier bundle.bundle/" and make sure the permissions for both the logo files are set as follows;

User: Read, Write
    Group: Read
    World: Read

I can confirm my permissions are fine but it still disppears after a second or two.

The data and mms settings are fine, 3g edge etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

MMS not working and I cant see the new logo with the downloded package from Cydia

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jackmeehan

Please make sure you have rebooted your phone, and reset cellular data network settings as instructed.

• Advertisement

slinky2000 wrote: »
    I can confirm my permissions are fine but it still disppears after a second or two.

The data and mms settings are fine, 3g edge etc!
    What firmware are you on?

And can you confirm that 3g networking is working ok for you?

What firmware are you on?

And can you confirm that 3g networking is working ok for you?

Hi there, I'm using 3.1.2 and everything else works, 3g, edge, wifi, mms etc

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm using 3.1.2 and everything else works, 3g, edge, wifi, mms etc
    Did you use ultrasn0w or blacksn0w to unlock?

Did you use ultrasn0w or blacksn0w to unlock?

ultraSn0w back with 3.0 and then blacksn0w with 3.1.2

Do you have the package from cydia installed or did you do it manualy as the OP described?

If you have the cydia package installed, it must be a confliction with blacksn0w. I haven't personally tested it with blacksn0w, but I have tested it on many iphones using ultrasn0w and it works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Got the carrier logo to work , just downloaded carrier logo fixer from cydia .
    On 3.1.2 using blacksn0w to unlock if that helps anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

hi

great info in here on meteor settings

i have the logo working and the mms settings in but no luck with receiving an mms..... i reset it as per instruction

any thoughts

hi

great info in here on meteor settings

i have the logo working and the mms settings in but no luck with receiving an mms..... i reset it as per instruction

any thoughts
    You may have to reset the settings a couple of times to get it to work, have you restarted your phone?

You may have to reset the settings a couple of times to get it to work, have you restarted your phone?

have reset about 8 times and restarted phone......

when now in messages i get a little camera icon to the left..... just not receiving the mms.... i will try and send one

have reset about 8 times and restarted phone......

when now in messages i get a little camera icon to the left..... just not receiving the mms.... i will try and send one
    Were you able to send one?

Were you able to send one?

can send but never received.....

the sender got the message "unresolvable recipient"

can send but never received.....

the sender got the message "unresolvable recipient"

Could it be your sim card ?

Could it be your sim card ?

had no issues before... so would 100% say no.... i imagine it's something do with incoming XYZ and outgoing is XYZ fine

also i know the 3g chooses wifi over 3g but for that split second that you lose wifi mainly when coming off keylock) it uses 3g from meteor.... at a cost :(

any thoughts on this

Never heard of that issue before... As for the 3G problem, you could turn off 3g and EDGE when you're not using it, that way you will NEVER be accidentally or unwillingly connected to the internet through Meteor :)

Never heard of that issue before... As for the 3G problem, you could turn off 3g and EDGE when you're not using it, that way you will NEVER be accidentally or unwillingly connected to the internet through Meteor :)

i heard off an app that turns off 3g and edge but was thinking that edge function is needed for text and phonecalls.... might download the app and try...

• Advertisement

i heard off an app that turns off 3g and edge but was thinking that edge function is needed for text and phonecalls.... might download the app and try...

Just get sbsettings if you don't already have it and there's a toggle in that to turn off edge and 3g. Edge is not needed for SMS, mms, phonecalls etc only for mobile interet

Just get sbsettings if you don't already have it and there's a toggle in that to turn off edge and 3g. Edge is not needed for SMS, mms, phonecalls etc only for mobile interet

excellent:D

sbsettings the app??

excellent:D

sbsettings the app??

Yes sbsettings is an app. Every jailbreaker should have it :-P

Yes sbsettings is an app. Every jailbreaker should have it :-P

gentleman..... thanks

actually which sbsettings do i need :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I've tried everything on this thread, and others and can't for the life of me get data to work on my iphone 3g... Anyone any ideas?? It worked fine on my Htc Hero

I just keep getting, could not activate cellular data network

unklerosco wrote: »
    I've tried everything on this thread, and others and can't for the life of me get data to work on my iphone 3g... Anyone any ideas?? It worked fine on my Htc Hero

I just keep getting, could not activate cellular data network

Meteor Internet is down today that's why

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Meteor Internet is down today that's why

Makes sense... :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Got the carrier logo to work , just downloaded carrier logo fixer from cydia .
    On 3.1.2 using blacksn0w to unlock if that helps anyone

Carrier logo fixer worked for me too, cheers keysersoze

• Advertisement

Hey guys, carrier logo fixer from cydia has got my meteor logo up and running again! Thanks!

Advertisement